It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Debates show another difference in Democrats and Republicans

page: 11
<< 8  9  10   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by MidnightTide

Originally posted by PurpleChiten
Apparently, there are some folks who still don't "get it".

When Obama lost, his supporters said "he lost" and they put the blame squarely on him.
When Ryan lost, his supporters tried to blame everybody else.

There is an extreme double standard with the radical right wing and they will continue to be at the bottom of the barrel until they are able to address this serious flaw in themselves. It's a direct result of the tactics spewed forth by faux news.

and it appears that there is a flaw in the left wing that they feel their opinion is fact....(because not all right wing minded individual think Ryan won)

Anyway, will have to get some popcorn while I read how the ATS Republicans and Democrats foam at the mouth and wring their hands up in the air during the debate tonight

pssst, I started the thread so I got to pick the topic

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 06:43 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 07:08 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 07:17 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 07:28 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 07:30 PM
link   
*** Bans are next ***

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 04:21 PM
link   
reply to post by texasgirl

That's fine. What Biden was interrupting was a full on, massive Lie in every case SEE!. So you weren't missing anything. FactCheck.org was doing their best to make it look equivalent, but they'd match Ryan lying about a tax increase on the middle class (bogus), and Biden saying the Republicans cut $300 million from the embassy budget when it was closer to $268 million -- sounds like bald faced compared to picking nits to me.

I'm going to write in the lady from the Green Party as I'm already in a Red state with electronic voting machines -- so the exercise is mostly pointless.

Whoever wins, we will have a corporate friendly person in the White House. But Romney and Ryan have demonstrated being completely backward on the social issues -- so if they win, I'll probably sell my home. We keep thinking it can't get any worse but the Republicans keep proving us wrong.

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 01:32 PM
link   
reply to post by PurpleChiten

The left freaked out after Denver. Tonight, the right pretended Romney won. Michelle Goldberg on the Republican disconnect—and the demonization of an undecided voter.

Here is a major difference between liberals and conservatives. After President Obama’s abysmal performance in the first debate, liberals were rending their garments and proclaiming everything lost. After Mitt Romney’s equally bad performance on Tuesday night, many conservatives were either declaring him the winner or blaming his loss on Candy Crowley. "Game, set, match...one of the best debate performances ever by Mitt Romney," tweeted Sean Hannity. The left has a weakness for despair, the right, for delusion.

Just for you Chiten - others have noticed the same

Maybe it has something to do with this?

“Liberals may be less happy than conservatives because they are less ideologically prepared to rationalize (or explain away) the degree of inequality in society.” The academic parlance for this is “system justification.”
www.nytimes.com...

Things are a little too quiet, and I'm in a pot stirring mood today :-)

edit on 10/20/2012 by Spiramirabilis because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10   >>

join