It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Debates show another difference in Democrats and Republicans

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 09:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Fromabove

Ryan won the debate last night. Biden had too much to drink.

The majority of Americans disagree with you .... and the majority is what counts in debates and elections

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 10:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by inverslyproportional
reply to post by PurpleChiten

I don't see where your comming from with your "all the polls show Ryan lost" comments, as all the polls don't show that, period.

yes, all the updated polls show that he lost. There were a few from 5 or 10 minutes after the debate last night that showed a skewed result that some sites are still trying to claim this morning, but if you scroll down those site's pages, you find the updated results and it clearly shows that the majority give the win to Biden.

The majority opinion is what counts in this instance. It's a debate, and, just like an election, the majority rules.

Biden won the debate, Ryan lost the debate. Why not just admit that and move forward?

Yeah, I know there are some on the opposing side who weren't able to admit that Obama lost, but Obama did lose, just like Ryan did last night. Would it make you feel better if I included those people in the equation and showed they were just as messed up as the people who can't admit that Ryan lost? We can do that....

but it's much more fun to do it this way

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 10:03 AM
link   
I'd still dump them both and vote for Roseanne Barr if I wasn't so scared she'd win!

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 10:09 AM
link   

I just realized what the problem is....

the extreme conservative side is the side that's used to being in the corner with faux news and their "heroes" treating other people like this....

They're really really REALLY upset that their own game was turned on them last night and Biden ran wild on Ryan's little backside not letting him say anything and rendering him basically mute like their "news" people do to others on a daily basis.

... I guess in their minds, turnabout ISN'T fair play

Best "Reality TV" I've seen in ages

Biden definitely beat Ryan, on his own terms, so it seems

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 10:12 AM
link   

I notice you continually fail to repond to the actual points I make in my reposes to your untrue statements, I can't blame you as I was quite a killer in the debate club. I intentionally phrase some of my resposes to force you into not responding as any honest response you could make would undermine you position, well played sir!

I have seen 3 different polls that state a very different outcome, but I suppose your only interested in cnn or other MSM polls( in the pocket of obama).

I wander why you so quickly stopped claiming " a majority of Americans" and started claiming " a majority of those polled" line after I pointed ut that obviously a majority of Americans couldn't have been polled.

Your one of the most biased people I have ever interacted with, as no matter what anyone says you claim " it just proves my point" even though nothing they said in any way even agrees with your point.

In short I feel as though my last post was spot on and your just trying to cherry pick ( out of context) lines of text to twist others words to make a point their original use doesn't justify.

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by PurpleChiten
Biden won the debate, Ryan lost the debate. Why not just admit that and move forward?

This is my third and final post to this thread in which I will request you offer up some evidence to back your claim. You have only offered a search result that showed that at best, polls are split along party/conservative-liberal lines or tied.

I think everyone here would be willing to "move forward" if you would only back up what you claimed in your OP. The only place it is clear that Biden won the debate is in your mind. The facts supporting your claim are lacking. The majority of polls immediately after the debate showed Ryan the winner. The talk today has them split as I have mentioned already.

You have been condescending towards those challenging your 'Biden won' claim, demanding proof without offering any of substance on your own part. You made the original claim so the burden of proof is on you. Your tone and unsophisticated approach to this discussion is coincidentally identical to the candidate's whom you claim won the debate. I can understand your emulating his behavior, as you have lauded his take-control and set-the-tone presentation, but that is what most people have shown disapproval of for the debate and with you here.

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 10:23 AM
link   
reply to post by inverslyproportional

I can't blame you as I was quite a killer in the debate club.

Yet you got seriously PWNED here!

AND...

Biden WIPED THE FLOOR with Ryan last night

edit on 12-10-2012 by PurpleChiten because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 10:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Wolf321

Dude, I am NOT your secretary, you can check the individual pages just as well as I can. You don't pay me and I'm not about to do your grunt work for you

Here's one I gave to someone else, you can like it or lump it, then you can go get your own search results

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 10:28 AM
link   

I clicked on this thread because I was interested in hearing about how the debate shows the differences between Democrats and Republicans. Completely misleading. You just talked about how Biden wiped the floor with Ryan.

I am interested in hearing how the debate shows the differences between the two parties.

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 10:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by texasgirl

I clicked on this thread because I was interested in hearing about how the debate shows the differences between Democrats and Republicans. Completely misleading. You just talked about how Biden wiped the floor with Ryan.

I am interested in hearing how the debate shows the differences between the two parties.

Actually, you helped exemplify exactly what the differences are. Nobody said they would be political differences, they're psychological differences

Democrats readily admitted that Obama lost the first debate

Republicans are unable to admit that Ryan lost the debate last night.

That's the main difference which stems from their entire attitude on life. If you can't win, whine about it

edit on 12-10-2012 by PurpleChiten because:

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 10:32 AM
link   

Who won the debate: Joe Biden (37.2%) Paul Ryan (62.8%)

Source

There you go. My poll says otherwise. All other resources indicate, as I have already stated, that the opinion polls are split along party or political viewpoint lines or tied.

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 10:32 AM
link   
You know what's driving them crazy the most?

I'm laughing at them like Biden laughed at Ryan last night while beating HIM to a pulp

They really hate being laughed at while they lose

...yet they feel it's fine to do to others

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 10:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by texasgirl

Actually, you helped exemplify exactly what the differences are. Nobody said they would be political differences, they're psychological differences

Democrats readily admitted that Obama lost the first debate

Republicans are unable to admit that Ryan lost the debate last night.

That's the main difference which stems from their entire attitude on life. If you can't win, whine about it

edit on 12-10-2012 by PurpleChiten because:

Oh, so THAT's what you were talking about. I thought it would be more informational about the differences in their policies and their responses, maybe a thread with more substance so we can actually have a good debate over their talking points.

As for the 'if you can't win, whine about it' comment: Isn't that what Obama did the next day on his campaign trail after the first presidential debate? " Romney was a liar!"

Just saying...
edit on 12-10-2012 by texasgirl because: Added a word

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 10:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wolf321

Who won the debate: Joe Biden (37.2%) Paul Ryan (62.8%)

Source

There you go. My poll says otherwise. All other resources indicate, as I have already stated, that the opinion polls are split along party or political viewpoint lines or tied.

Number 1: what happened to that other one being your third and final post? LIAR!!!!

Number 2: that post has only been open for a couple of hours and everyone has lost interest, try a national news source instead of scouring for a local one from b-f-egypt that happens to match your assertions

Number 3: Major news source, national results:

Number 4: YOU LIED and posted again!!! I win!!!

edit on 12-10-2012 by PurpleChiten because: linky dinky

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 10:36 AM
link   

like Biden laughed at Ryan last night while beating HIM to a pulp

You mean ... llike Biden laughed at Ryan and told lies?

Another Biden lie told last night (one of many) ... He claimed that Romney wanted to 'let Detroit go bankrupt'. The TRUTH is that Romney called for a controlled bankruptcy process for Detroit so the industry could restructure and come back. Obama agreed with the Romney plan and even implemented it. It worked. Obama and Romney had the same plan for Detroit. Biden lied.

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

like Biden laughed at Ryan last night while beating HIM to a pulp

You mean ... llike Biden laughed at Ryan and told lies?

Another Biden lie told last night (one of many) ... He claimed that Romney wanted to 'let Detroit go bankrupt'. The TRUTH is that Romney called for a controlled bankruptcy process for Detroit so the industry could restructure and come back. Obama agreed with the Romney plan and even implemented it. It worked. Obama and Romney had the same plan for Detroit. Biden lied.

Fact checks are out, Biden was extremely close in his estimations, Ryan was so far off base he was playing cricket instead of baseball.

YOU LOSE!

(now watch how upset they get, it really is funny and shows exactly what the thread is talking about
)

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Fact checks are out, Biden was extremely close in his estimations,

Um ... did you miss the part about what BIden said in regards to Detroit?
He lied. Read it again.

YOU LOSE!

What are you talking about? This isn't a contest. Or is it for you somehow?
Biden and Ryan both gave bad info. You are ignorning the bad info Biden spilled.

now watch how upset they get,...

who are 'they'?? Seriously ...

Whatever....

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Number 1: what happened to that other one being your third and final post? LIAR!!!!
Number 4: YOU LIED and posted again!!! I win!!!

~sigh~

Originally posted by Wolf321
This is my third and final post to this thread in which I will request you offer up some evidence to back your claim.

I added the emphasis this time so your brain might be able to process it.

Number 2: that post has only been open for a couple of hours and everyone has lost interest, try a national news source instead of scouring for a local one from b-f-egypt that happens to match your assertions

Number 3: Major news source, national results:

All you can do is offer a search results page and a liberally biased news opinion poll. If you can use a single source of that nature as irrefutable proof, than my source is just as legitimate.

edit on 12-10-2012 by Wolf321 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 10:46 AM
link   

My humble opinion on the subject.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 10:46 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

More whining, further proving my point!!

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join