It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Debates show another difference in Democrats and Republicans

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 08:45 AM
link   
reply to post by ThirdEyeofHorus

What I saw was a polite young guy being completely bullied not only by a seasoned Senator/VP but also by a very biased moderator.

Well, Third Eye - if that's what you saw then he really isn't much of a candidate for next in line to the throne - is he?

Polite young men that allow themselves to be bulled should stick to Hall Monitor probably - and even then they may not be up to the task

But, just for the record - that's not what I saw :-)

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 09:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Spiramirabilis

What I saw was a polite young guy being completely bullied not only by a seasoned Senator/VP but also by a very biased moderator.

Well, Third Eye - if that's what you saw then he really isn't much of a candidate for next in line to the throne - is he?

Polite young men that allow themselves to be bulled should stick to Hall Monitor probably - and even then they may not be up to the task

I agree. I saw a young guy who had been talking to supporters where everyone humored him and made him feel all "big and important" step into the ring with an actual opponent and be put down quickly and easily. He can't "run with the big dogs" so he'd better stay under the porch

He was quieted quickly and easily by the guy that's seen as the "clown of the Democratic party". Imagine how he would have fared against someone who was seen as more serious and intimidating? He got lucky that he got Biden who only laughed at his juvenile attempts and not someone who would have castrated him.

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 11:30 AM
link   
read this and adjust your opinions accordingly.

www.politifact.com...

Or look at their score cards.

Ryan: 48% of his statements are half truths or worse; only 3% were true
Biden: 34% of his statements are half truths or worse; 19% were true

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by jacksmoke
read this and adjust your opinions accordingly.

www.politifact.com...

Or look at their score cards.

Ryan: 48% of his statements are half truths or worse; only 3% were true
Biden: 34% of his statements are half truths or worse; 19% were true

So Biden won 19 to 3?

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 11:49 AM
link   
reply to post by PurpleChiten

I guess it depends on how much you value truth. If you are willing to vote for the most honest politician, then yes, it matters. If you prefer lies, innuendo and fear-mongering. You have your canidate(s).

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Well, to directly answer your question. I'm sure Rep's believe they won. After all, the told the most lies AND are getting away with it. Seems most American's want to believe the biggest lies and liars. Oh well.

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by texasgirl
I was interested in hearing both sides and their responses to the questions but I ended up becoming irritated with Joe's laughing, smirking and interrupting whenever Ryan tried to respond. It was very distracting.

I don't think either side won and polls are all over the place, some saying Biden won and some saying Ryan won.

When someone is making up nonsense as much as Ryan was -- and you actually CARE that people keep Medicare and have jobs in the future -- why wouldn't YOU get upset and interrupt their train on nonsense?

If Ryan respected the truth a bit more, then I'd be upset at the interruptions. But personally, I'd have a hard time not slapping the punk.

Unfortunately, each side has their own facts now, and the rest of the planet would recognize those coming from the Left. So Republicans feel like they are more right, the more people object -- that's actually something they teach Mormons. Because the Devil gets more upset at you the more Godly you are.

The fact is, we'd have nearly 6% unemployment if Republican governors weren't firing all their city workers at every opportunity. The fact is that the bailouts did work -- even though our stimulus was miniscule. The fact is, one bank got more money than our entire country did to "stimulate."

These Democrats have become more corporate -- because that's where the money is to get elected. But the Republicans keep leading the way to the bottom. So you've got both sides tainted and it looks like it's equivalent. However, on the edge of the cliff is still solid ground while OFF THE CLIFF, is not.

Ryan stands with the same group that wanted to privatize social security -- and he's being extremely disingenuous pretending he wants to "save it." The Voucher program SEEMED like choice for education, but it takes money that would go to public schools to help reduce the cost of attending a Private school. It doesn't mean any more people can suddenly afford to go to a private school. The Public schools eventually get less money, and are stuck with worse students in troubled neighborhoods -- helping to prove that "public schools don't work" -- when of course they used to.

My kids actually go to one of the best schools in the country -- and it's a Public school.

Ryan wants to use Vouchers for Medicare -- so it means the overhead of "profits", "marketing" and "sales" coupled with an imperfect stream of information. The same way that "states rights" is a panacea for large corporations to go to the highest bidder, Vouchers are a great way to reduce buying power and pick off citizens one by one.

There is so much wrong with the ideas coming from the Right, but for people to get that, they'd have to pay attention to the deregulation and then the regulations paid for by the large corporations who cheated the system in the first place. It's too hard to educate people, because they are too steeped in the nonsense and propaganda of corporations.

>> Things in America will just get worse, as both sides bicker. The people who have always been wrong, will still feel noble and intelligent, as the ocean water rises to their ankles and their austerity measures mean that some offshore account got bigger for the Rich hero who is now a citizen of China, promoting patriotism over there and how they need to build up their military to defend them from the USA.

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by VitriolAndAngst

Originally posted by texasgirl
I was interested in hearing both sides and their responses to the questions but I ended up becoming irritated with Joe's laughing, smirking and interrupting whenever Ryan tried to respond. It was very distracting.

I don't think either side won and polls are all over the place, some saying Biden won and some saying Ryan won.

When someone is making up nonsense as much as Ryan was -- and you actually CARE that people keep Medicare and have jobs in the future -- why wouldn't YOU get upset and interrupt their train on nonsense?

If Ryan respected the truth a bit more, then I'd be upset at the interruptions. But personally, I'd have a hard time not slapping the punk.

Unfortunately, each side has their own facts now, and the rest of the planet would recognize those coming from the Left. So Republicans feel like they are more right, the more people object -- that's actually something they teach Mormons. Because the Devil gets more upset at you the more Godly you are.

The fact is, we'd have nearly 6% unemployment if Republican governors weren't firing all their city workers at every opportunity. The fact is that the bailouts did work -- even though our stimulus was miniscule. The fact is, one bank got more money than our entire country did to "stimulate."

These Democrats have become more corporate -- because that's where the money is to get elected. But the Republicans keep leading the way to the bottom. So you've got both sides tainted and it looks like it's equivalent. However, on the edge of the cliff is still solid ground while OFF THE CLIFF, is not.

Ryan stands with the same group that wanted to privatize social security -- and he's being extremely disingenuous pretending he wants to "save it." The Voucher program SEEMED like choice for education, but it takes money that would go to public schools to help reduce the cost of attending a Private school. It doesn't mean any more people can suddenly afford to go to a private school. The Public schools eventually get less money, and are stuck with worse students in troubled neighborhoods -- helping to prove that "public schools don't work" -- when of course they used to.

My kids actually go to one of the best schools in the country -- and it's a Public school.

Ryan wants to use Vouchers for Medicare -- so it means the overhead of "profits", "marketing" and "sales" coupled with an imperfect stream of information. The same way that "states rights" is a panacea for large corporations to go to the highest bidder, Vouchers are a great way to reduce buying power and pick off citizens one by one.

There is so much wrong with the ideas coming from the Right, but for people to get that, they'd have to pay attention to the deregulation and then the regulations paid for by the large corporations who cheated the system in the first place. It's too hard to educate people, because they are too steeped in the nonsense and propaganda of corporations.

>> Things in America will just get worse, as both sides bicker. The people who have always been wrong, will still feel noble and intelligent, as the ocean water rises to their ankles and their austerity measures mean that some offshore account got bigger for the Rich hero who is now a citizen of China, promoting patriotism over there and how they need to build up their military to defend them from the USA.

I am not defending Ryan. I was simply trying to hear what he was saying and kept missing it because of Biden's interruptions. I have a hearing disability and I really have to concentrate.

Personally, I don't like either candidate and am writing in my vote.

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 05:24 PM
link   

[/quote

I'll admit that Obama was a polite young man that got bullied by Romney -- and I'll also say out loud; that's not what I admire in a leader.

Obama is in a fight with some really bad people -- and he owes it to the country to give it his best.

I don't care if Ryan is or isn't polite. I care that he sounds confident when he's lying, and he only trips up when he tells the honest truth -- which for him is rare. If he could have pounded Biden, he would have.

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Whatever gets you through the night Chiten.

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 05:56 PM
link   
www.youtube.com...
Yep a big difference between democratic and republican dog owners also .

Smarter and intelligent dogs., vote for romney.

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by jacksmoke

I guess it depends on how much you value truth. If you are willing to vote for the most honest politician, then yes, it matters. If you prefer lies, innuendo and fear-mongering. You have your canidate(s).

19 is greater than 3, so I guess that means everyone who values truth over lies should be voting for Obama... according to your statement and the one above it

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 06:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by MsAphrodite

Whatever gets you through the night Chiten.

You know you do

Can't blame you though, I am pretty darn awesome

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 01:14 PM
link   

I know you don't want to admit the truth that Biden was nothing but a bully tyrant. But we know that is why he was made VP by this Marxist. Nobody on the left cares about Biden's gaffes because they know that behind the scenes he is just as much for centralized govt control as Obama is.

Biden is very much for Big Govt and just as much for the whole UN controlled One World Govt as anybody else, as was made plain by his co-sponsoring of the Global Poverty Act with Obama as Senator, which simply takes more money from the US and gives it to the UN for redistribution. It's that simple really.

Yes, I much prefer Ryan over Biden any day, not just because of the demeanor but because of what each candidate stands for.

If you will only admit you are just for big centralized govt and more dependence on govt and more handouts and more Marxism and more socialized healthcare and more Nanny Statism then we can drop all the complaining about who bullied who on stage.

Ryan mostly kept his cool just like Obama did. Only Obama has the problem of his record and Ryan's record in Congress is another thing.

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 01:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Spiramirabilis

It wasn't just the bullying All that grimacing showed that Biden was desperate to defend an indefensible position, which is Obama's terrible record as President.

Lefties here are saying Ryan lied and lied yet where are all the specific examples? (Besides Medicare which was posted on both sides here, and which is really an exposure of the Obama lies but Obama people won't admit it).

Obama's record as POTUS is that is the most biased and partisan POTUS ever served, and that he dismissed Ryan and McCain during meetings which were publicized for the purpose of making Obama look like he was trying to work with Republicans. Obama is not working with Republicans. Only the most liberal of Republicans voted the way of Democrats because Democrats now represent only the far left fringe these days.

Obama ran on unifying Congress and the Nation.

What are the results?

Now a more divided Congress and a more divided Nation.

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 01:43 PM
link   
All i saw Biden do was what Romney did to Obama. So why pick on one debate?

First Debate: Romney aggressor, Obama lost, so everyone was like, yeah Obama sucked.

2nd debate: Biden was the aggressor, Ryan lost. Now people talk about how Biden was the aggressor and not accepting the fact Ryan lost and blaming the aggressor.

Oh, and i'm a Canadian.

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by luciddream
All i saw Biden do was what Romney did to Obama. So why pick on one debate?

First Debate: Romney aggressor, Obama lost, so everyone was like, yeah Obama sucked.

2nd debate: Biden was the aggressor, Ryan lost. Now people talk about how Biden was the aggressor and not accepting the fact Ryan lost and blaming the aggressor.

Oh, and i'm a Canadian.

Only Romney did not grimace or laugh at his opponent. Romney was much more self-controlled, and people were even surprised he had so much push. What the liberals hated in Romney they are now praising in Biden, and Biden was completely nauseating to watch, and if anyone paid attention after the debate, everyone said so. It was the immediate reaction, then the liberal media started spinning by saying Ryan just lied and got his butt handed to him.
Well, I suppose it really does reflect Obama's message a while back in Alinsky style that one must get in the face of one's opponent and Obama just didn't do that and Biden did.

Another thing I saw in the debate was Martha Raddatz taking up the Obama agenda and debating Ryan. That is not a moderator's job. Where are the liberals on this? It's ok as long as it favors their side.

Interestingly even Martha herself thought Joe's performance was "too big". (Maybe that's when her own ego kicked in and she and Biden got into it).

www.theblaze.com...

edit on 15-10-2012 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 04:54 PM
link   

The problem I have is that I see Romney / Ryan supporting big government just as much as Obama / Biden, with a different slant on things....

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 05:21 AM
link   
Apparently, there are some folks who still don't "get it".

When Obama lost, his supporters said "he lost" and they put the blame squarely on him.
When Ryan lost, his supporters tried to blame everybody else.

There is an extreme double standard with the radical right wing and they will continue to be at the bottom of the barrel until they are able to address this serious flaw in themselves. It's a direct result of the tactics spewed forth by faux news.

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by PurpleChiten
Apparently, there are some folks who still don't "get it".

When Obama lost, his supporters said "he lost" and they put the blame squarely on him.
When Ryan lost, his supporters tried to blame everybody else.

There is an extreme double standard with the radical right wing and they will continue to be at the bottom of the barrel until they are able to address this serious flaw in themselves. It's a direct result of the tactics spewed forth by faux news.

and it appears that there is a flaw in the left wing that they feel their opinion is fact....(because not all right wing minded individual think Ryan won)

Anyway, will have to get some popcorn while I read how the ATS Republicans and Democrats foam at the mouth and wring their hands up in the air during the debate tonight

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join