Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

Should Russia Send Nukes to Iran?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 09:48 PM
link   
After reading the posts, I have to disagree on the statement "They want the oil."

With the recent advances in oil extraction and the increased price of the barrel, mid east oil won't be that crucial to the US but the continued use of the dollar to buy and sell oil will. When the dollar is bypassed as the reserve currency by other denominations, it will severely impact the US economy. Just my opinion but I'm pretty sure it's accurate.

As to Chinese fracking in Newfoundland, yes. I think they will develop as much as they can into the western hemisphere but that won't cover their needs for long.

Anyway, it's all conjecture.
I just find it's more effective to look at politics from a more long range and global perspective. Sometimes it makes things easier to see when short term events don't make sense.

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 10:04 PM
link   
reply to post by badgerprints

The U.S. Private Sector at one time was Famous for LONG TERM PLANNING. Now it is but a JOKE! Everyone wants to make a quick buck and it is screwing up our economy.

The U.S. Military on the other hand is INFAMOUS for LONG TERM PLANNING and is still the BEST THERE IS as far as this is concerned. Things that we do today are all part of an OVERALL EXTREME LONG TERM PLAN. This was how we won the COLD WAR...this is also how we have become a SUPER POWER without any one to challenge us over the next 100 years.

It takes Minimum...50 years to properly DESIGN, BUILD AND DEVELOP TRAINING to run a Global Carrier Force. This is why when China bought an Old Soviet Era Carrier...and people were all up in arms...I Laughed!

Since there will never be a point at which the U.S. EVER will have a desire to INVADE CHINA....Millions of Chinese Soldiers with out any ability to be FORCE PROJECTED...is not a concern of the U.S. Military. As long as the U.S. Navy exists to control the large Oceans of the World...the U.S. has nothing to worry about.
Split Infinity

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 01:11 AM
link   
Trouble in paradise?

"US shale gas to strike devastating blow on Russia's Gazprom"

english.pravda.ru...

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 01:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by SplitInfinity

The U.S. Private Sector at one time was Famous for LONG TERM PLANNING. Now it is but a JOKE! Everyone wants to make a quick buck and it is screwing up our economy.

The U.S. Military on the other hand is INFAMOUS for LONG TERM PLANNING and is still the BEST THERE IS as far as this is concerned. Things that we do today are all part of an OVERALL EXTREME LONG TERM PLAN. This was how we won the COLD WAR...this is also how we have become a SUPER POWER without any one to challenge us over the next 100 years.

We don't disagree here.
Oil is a strategic commodity. The dollar is a strategic commodity. This is a long term military plan.
I don't trust the political government to plan past this Christmas. It's a strategic issue, not political. .
The US doesn't need to fight China for the oil in the mideast. They just need to keep mideast oil stable until they get western sources developed. I think they expect China to be the major player in the mideast once the US reduces it's influence there.

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 02:10 AM
link   

THANK YOU! Thank You for being one of a very few that understand this! I get irritated when I read a POST...which is a persons right in the U.S....Free Speech...when they are sitting all nice and warm at home posting about how the U.S. Military is the DEVIL when the U.S. Military is made up of people from Families all across our country. I am NOT MILITARY...I am "CIVILIAN"....and I work on occasion with the Best of our Military.

Young 20 Somethings that count on me when we do a JOB to make the right calls that will get them home alive. I am RETIRING and have ONE MORE JOB...but even though I am in Top Physical Form...Huffing It over Hard Terrain with a bunch of KIDS leaves me EXHAUSTED and after a JOB it takes me a week just to recupe!

This is age and I KNOW I am 2 years past when I should have retired. I didn't because my replacement was not of the proper Mind Set for the JOB. This Job requires patience and an ability to not over react. I have been doing it for Decades. This also allows me to understand the Middle East and the people much better than most people. The current situation in Iran is not a case of the U.S. attempting an Invasion. The Vast Majority...94% of all Iranians desire GOOD RELATIONS with the UNITED STATES. Over 70% of all Iranians are UNDER THE AGE OF 30 YEARS OLD! They are PRISONERS OF THEIR OWN GOVERNMENT!

My Job is to Find the RIGHT PEOPLE to deal with and CASH is involved. The RIGHT PEOPLE are the ones that are of the vein of the ENEMY OF MY ENEMY IS MY FRIEND. I have looked into the eyes many times of a PERSON WHO WANTS ME DEAD...but also KNOWS that as BAD ASS as they believe they are...WE ARE THE ONES TO BE AFRAID OF...not because we wish them harm...but because any Violent Action on their part would be their LAST! We are much better than they are and BETTER TRAINED. This concept in conveyed in small actions...body language and our REP.

So while some on this board disparage these Brave Men who are Volunteers and help protect these very peoples freedoms...these Young Men who Volunteered to do these JOBS that place their lives in Danger...act in a manner that I am Proud of and others should be proud of...because they do what others only would do in Video Games and watch in Movies...except a GOOD JOB is one where all sides go home ALIVE!
Split Infinity

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 02:17 AM
link   
Should Russia Send Nukes to Iran?,

Depends on how the russians sent them....through the air or over land.

sec.line

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 08:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by mbkennel
The Islamic Fundamentalists have been very effective in eliminating all pre-Islamic parts of Iranian culture.
In practice, the government and associated fanatics believes their culture is some form of 'Pure Islam', but in reality it is a construct from 1979.
At least the Bolsheviks knew they were doing something historically unprecedented and radical.

if one goes deep in Iran's history it will understand well that Iran is not separable from Islam and vice versa ! Islam is not something foreign to Iran. it has a great share in Islamic thoughts. so Iran like any other society has a developing history and what happened in 1979 was the result of a long process.
religion was always a main part in Iran and unlike western countries it never diverted to secularism. they only have changed Zoroastrianism (ancient Iran's monotheistic religion) with more developed ideology so they believe that they can improve under it ! they are struggling, who knows may be someday they succeed !
nothing has changed ! Iran is still against Babylonian regimes ! Israel is itself a Babylonian regime but this time with the mask of Judaism !
edit on 14-10-2012 by maes2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 03:01 PM
link   
The title of the thread, "Should Russia send nukes to Iran?", could be re-written as, "Should Russia attempt to stop America from gaining control over the Middle East and Caspian Basin?"

I think Russia is ambivalent about this question. By supplying Syria with military supplies they indicate a wish to sustain the status quo in the region, but not to the extent of reviving the animosities of the Cold War period. Otherwise they would be airlifting paratroopers into the Syrian trouble spots at Assad's "request".

This whole situation is a conundrum for them . . . for some of them, at any rate. I'm sure there are hardliners who are urging the leadership to roll back into Eastern Europe at an opportune moment.

I think wisdom dictates that the Americans be allowed to achieve their objectives, given our current state of civilization and the dominance of the psychopath in the corridors of power virtually everywhere. Better the devil you know.

It is unfortunate that American desires are so restricted in the region.

They want subservient secularists in power, only, and they want the significant resource, oil.

They don't want Islamists in power. They don't want independant secularists in power.

I think what we will see, barring the development of the unforseen, over the next couple of decades is widespread political turmoil in the region as various political groups are balanced against one another in the various countries. Kurdistan will emerge as the only political entity in the region that actually wants to have anything at all to do with the United States and all the military personnel and American bases withdrawn from other zones in the region will wind up in Kurdistan, welcomed wholeheartedly by the Christian population as guarantors of their independance.

While this is happening, China and Russia will be improving military capabilities in preparation for Earth's next big social cataclysm.

edit on 14-10-2012 by ipsedixit because: (no reason given)
edit on 14-10-2012 by ipsedixit because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 08:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by maes2

The Islamic Fundamentalists have been very effective in eliminating all pre-Islamic parts of Iranian culture.
In practice, the government and associated fanatics believes their culture is some form of 'Pure Islam', but in reality it is a construct from 1979.
At least the Bolsheviks knew they were doing something historically unprecedented and radical.

if one goes deep in Iran's history it will understand well that Iran is not separable from Islam and vice versa ! Islam is not something foreign to Iran. it has a great share in Islamic thoughts. so Iran like any other society has a developing history and what happened in 1979 was the result of a long process.
religion was always a main part in Iran and unlike western countries it never diverted to secularism. they only have changed Zoroastrianism (ancient Iran's monotheistic religion) with more developed ideology so they believe that they can improve under it ! they are struggling, who knows may be someday they succeed !
nothing has changed ! Iran is still against Babylonian regimes ! Israel is itself a Babylonian regime but this time with the mask of Judaism !
edit on 14-10-2012 by maes2 because: (no reason given)

Israel is not Babylonian, and the character of Islam, in the intensity of its zeal and as an uncompromising political movement since 1979, had not been seen previously for many, many hundreds of years---and probably never in Iran itself.

It's as if the Inquisition were recreated in Madrid with modern weaponry and a much more extensive jurisdiction. Just because there have been churches in Iberia since the times of Romans doesn't mean that this wouldn't be a huge and profound change.
edit on 14-10-2012 by mbkennel because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 12:46 AM
link   
It makes sense for USA to move decisively into the MidEast if you want to keep the dollar as the oil currency or reserve currency...especially considering that revenue will be coming from China, our #1 lender.

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 06:10 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyingFox

I'm against what the US is doing because I think we on this planet should be working out our problems peacefully and should be committed to each other. I think Ronald Reagan's statement about the "American lifestyle" being non-negotiable, should be adjusted to say that improving the standard of living of everybody on the planet should be non-negotiable. Nobody's improvement should be dependant on someone else's decline. The practicality of this in every case is highly questionable, I admit.

The following is all "gut". I'm no economic expert.

With regard to the situation of the American dollar, I don't think the controllers of the monetary policy in the United States are that concerned about it. The Fed has been steadily devaluing the US dollar for decades. I don't think they care what the value of it is since they can always print more anyway. As long as America controls the commodity which the dollar is based on, America will be fine.

If the world goes eventually to the "Oil Euro" the "Oil Rial" or the "Oil Renminbi" the one constant factor in the line up, oil, will still be controlled and priced as America wants it to be priced.

This is an essential difference between the Americans and the Saudis. The Saudis do not control the price of oil, nor does OPEC. They cannot have $500 dollar a barrel oil, though they might like that and though that might well reflect the true value of the oil. To give a highly exaggerated example, America, on the other hand, because of its military power, could set the price of oil at 1,000,000,000 Renminbis a barrel if the Renminbi were to become the currency in which oil was traded.

War would follow, but the point is that America can manouver around the decline of the status of the dollar.

Currency = Prestidigitation.

Governments can do whatever they want with currency. The stability consideration only requires that one not do too many tricks in a short time period. Sensitivity to the cyles and seasons of commerce are the important factor.

Remember, the American government, at one time confiscated/expropriated all privately held gold in the country. A government like the American one can invent the world it wants to live in. They can have domestic dollars, oil dollars, international trade dollars, all active at different valuations if circumstances demand it. They could disavow all international debt if things got sticky with the Chinese.

America can do whatever it wants and is going about doing whatever it wants. This is a serious navigational hazard for other countries and a catastrophe for the reputation of the United States, which they continually try to paper over with all the blather about exporting freedom, etc.

America is not the only moral basket case in the world but it is the leading one. The world needs America to sober up, wipe the ###-faced grin off, and start acting responsibly again, in every sphere of endeavour.

Edit: I finished this post and went out on our balcony for a smoke and saw an opossum galloping across the street in front of the house. Very cute. That's a first for me. Never seen an opossum before. Is this global warming in action?
edit on 15-10-2012 by ipsedixit because: (no reason given)
edit on 15-10-2012 by ipsedixit because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Israel is not Babylonian, and the character of Islam, in the intensity of its zeal and as an uncompromising political movement since 1979, had not been seen previously for many, many hundreds of years---and probably never in Iran itself.
It's as if the Inquisition were recreated in Madrid with modern weaponry and a much more extensive jurisdiction. Just because there have been churches in Iberia since the times of Romans doesn't mean that this wouldn't be a huge and profound change.

I called Israel Babylonian because it is killing and exiling and imprisoning the real residents or at least the majority of the real residents (muslim arabs). Israel is not simply a country ! it is a project !!
this a big different point of view ! Inquisition or Medieval is related to EU not middle east. so when one speaks about religion an eouropian remembers Mediavel and dictatorship of clerics but a middle eastern remembers glory days of their science, economy and even not any dictatorship !!!
this is why Iran's propaganda machine ! insists on Islamic awakening instead of Arab awakening ! contrary to western and their middle eastern puppets propaganda !

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 09:51 AM
link   
reply to post by ipsedixit

I think it's more likely that Russia and China will end up joining with America. They'll probably call it some joint operation bringing greater trust between our nations or some crap like that. It'll really be all about the oil. China and Russia will want a part of that action just as much as America. China is rapidly industrializing and need the resources, and if Russia wants to catch up and give their economy a boost they'll do likewise.

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 05:48 PM
link   
My honest opinion? All countries with nuclear weapons should immediately, transparently, verifiably, mutually, and on a ratio basis so that it's entirely equal, dismantle their nuclear armaments. That's always been my position and always will be.

Without a global reset, the problem of nuclear proliferation and arms races will never be gone, and I believe it is untenable to contain every nation on the planet forever in perpetuity in the hope that no one willing to use one will ever obtain the capability. It seems inevitable that as long as nuclear weapons exist, someday, someone, somewhere, will use one, potentially wresting control of the equation from the powers that be and thrusting the entire planet into a very dangerous predicament.

Sadly, there's about as much chance of global disarmament happening as Democrats and Republicans spontaneously bursting into a heartfelt hug-fest and never fighting again.

Peace.

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 04:01 AM
link   
Only replying to the OP, have not had time to read the whole thread I would have to say the answer ultimately believes on how much you believe in the concept of MAD. While we're not talking about providing Iran with a massive arsenal to rival the US or Russia it can be seen in a similar light on a smaller scale by arming the region in such a fashion (this is my opinion). I'm against nuclear proliferation overall and I tolerate the arsenals of those in the NPT based on how I interpret the political influences post WWII. Ideally Pandora's box would have never been opened in 1945 but it's too late to go back. Every state with a nuke in it's possession is a liability for the potential of catastrophe, perhaps to the scale of WWIII. As every time a country goes nuclear it adds a whole new chain of command that can fail and result in a detonation; just look at the near misses of the Cold War between the USSR and US, neither of them had a full control from the top down on use so it's incredible that launches were averted.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 06:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Corruption Exposed
Should Russia Send Nukes to Iran?

I say yes.

Call me crazy but I think it would add stability to the region.

The only other way to add stability would be to disarm all the other countries with a nuclear arsenal.

(Israel, Pakistan, India)

Or it could do the total opposite. It could embolden Iran, who aren't exactly liked by their neighbours. Or it could trigger a nuclear arms race with the likes of the Saudis getting nukes.

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 07:01 AM
link   
Iranians don't want a nuclear bomb,we don't want to make them ,buy them or borrow them from any body...As a matter of fact Iranians are one of the loudest advocates of nuclear disarming of all countries...We know what kind of a creepy show the west is trying to pull up and our people DO NOT let that to happen even if they buy all Iranian politicians to carry on that plan....Let's be honest would any nation in their right minds want Americans and their pathetic puppets run their country?...Would you?.....Sorry no offense! to dear corrupted installed puppets all around the world but you are all traitors,a disgrace and a total waste of time and space for your poor people who are struggling to survive...So if Americans or any other nation in the world have munchies for our resources,they have to get it when all 80 000 000 of us are death.And if that is what you want then so it will be.

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 04:02 PM
link   
Giving Iran nuclear weaponry would undermine US/Israel influence in the middle east. Iran would have to crazy and suicidal to take those nukes and turn them on US/Russia or any superpower/nuclear country. It would do what I said and give Iran defense for themselves.

new topics

<< 1  2   >>

join