It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

EVGENIA LAGUNA... singing the DIVA song from the Fifth Element

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 06:33 AM
link   
Those here who enjoy the movie the Fifth Element Im sure you were also fascinated with the "diva" alien. Thats actually a woman singing. She is a coloratura soprano I believe. Here she is
The incredible stuff starts at about 3:20.

Enjoy

edit on 12-10-2012 by Advantage because: (no reason given)

edit on 12-10-2012 by Advantage because: Apparently its too early for me to type!

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 06:38 AM
link   
Wow, I didn't know she could sing soprano. I normally don't listen to her songs (or any song from anyone) but this is beautiful. My respect for her and music has increase tremendously. I think this is what real music is about.

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 06:38 AM
link   
And here she is showing that incredible range ... again.

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 06:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Em2013
Wow, I didn't know she could sing soprano. I normally don't listen to her songs (or any song from anyone) but this is beautiful. My respect for her and music has increase tremendously. I think this is what real music is about.

She's an incredible talent!
This song is wicked difficult yet there is a teen girl who can sing this and for the life of me I cant recall her name!

Im happy you enjoyed it!

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 06:47 AM
link   
And another treat.. Im a big fan of Mozart. My mother bought mne this record when I was a kid and I fell in love with ALL coloratura sopranos.
Listen to it.. well before the Diva... but you will hear some similarity
Her name is Rita Streich and its a piece from the opera Die Zauberflöte by W.A. Mozart called Queen of the Night.

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 07:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Advantage

Great Thread Adv'

One of my all time favourite films, and scenes.

She is simply amazing. That performance makes GaGa look like an amateuristic no talent.

S & F

* Ned

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 07:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by nimbinned
reply to post by Advantage

Great Thread Adv'

One of my all time favourite films, and scenes.

She is simply amazing. That performance makes GaGa look like an amateuristic no talent.

S & F

* Ned

Gaga .. who?
Well, there are all sorts of talent... and tastes. I just have very eclectic tastes.. that hit me at 6:30 AM..
Im so pleased you enjoyed it! I wasnt sure how it would be received here.

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 07:19 AM
link   
She is so talented, this song was propably most striking part of the fifth element. This song reminds me about Mecano-Hijo De Luna which is beautiful too.

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 07:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by dollukka
She is so talented, this song was propably most striking part of the fifth element. This song reminds me about Mecano-Hijo De Luna which is beautiful too.

Certainly not a coloratura soprano, but she has a beautiful clear voice.. and beautiful words.

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 08:21 AM
link   
she is awesomely gorgeous. when i watched the film i wanted to take part in some 'sexy fun time' with her. but that's for an entirely different thread...

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 08:31 AM
link   
she is fantastic, evgenia laguna, and what a beautiful name she has

her name reminds me for some reason of anastasia volochkova ~ i really don't know why ~ but she is great too

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 08:57 AM
link   
Advantage - I never thought I'd meet anyone else who could enjoy La Traviata and then relax at a late show with Clutch. You have such wide tastes in music and that's wonderful to see.
That scene is one of my favorites and 5th element is one of my favorite movies and I don't even like Bruce Willis (ok, I like him in the first M Night Shamalyan movie too - forget the name) Parts of the vocal in the movie really sound more like they were sampled and played back on a keyboard. I don;t think the video you posted is exactly the same music but I could be wrong.
Anyways, great stuff and thanks for sharing.
What are you going to post next - some Residents?

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 09:11 AM
link   
What a GOLDEN voice

i think im in Love

Thanks for sharing !

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 12:54 AM
link   
Oh snap! I've always thought that would be near impossible if not entirely impossible for a human to achieve those vocal tunes/levels/frequency and then to be able to change them so quickly.

Wow, looks like I just learned something new today! Awesome!
edit on 13-10-2012 by Lostmymarbles because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 05:08 AM
link   
Hey, that chick is an imposter. This is the woman who was the voice of Diva Plavalaguna:

en.wikipedia.org...

top topics

join