It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

EU wins 2012 Nobel Peace Prize, despite debt crisis

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 08:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jay-morris
This award is joke in my eyes. I mean, they gave it to obama
and the deli lama. That says it all really

what? did you think dick cheney should get it? or sean hannity? or george bush? or rush limbaugh? or the tea party?....show me a republican with the power to do so, that has worked constantly on peaceful and fair solutions to a problem?
edit on 12-10-2012 by jimmyx because: addtion

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 08:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by jimmyx

what? did you think dick cheney should get it? or sean hannity? or george bush? or rush limbaugh? or the tea party?....show me a republican with the power to do so, that has worked constantly on peaceful and fair solutions to a problem?

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 09:33 AM
link   
reply to post by adrenochrome

That's perfectly fine. As far as I know, a thread can exist both in Breaking Alternative News as well as in another sub-forum. Thanks for providing a link to the existing thread though!

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 01:06 PM
link   
Why can't they give me the peace prize? Unlike most peace prize winners, I've never killed anyone.

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 03:35 PM
link   
reply to post by ScientificUAPer

You really want to belong to the big empire?

If the option is belonging or being out it should be a no-brainer that being in is preferred. The world is not a pleasant place and there is greater strength in a group. Even if I do not agree that Europe has anymore any imperialistic aspirations not even cultural like the US, (Europeans have always protected cultural diversity inside and outside their boarders).

I was never really asked. Were you?

You were indirectly in most cases. The issue is that all political systems seem to have become corrupted and predate in the indifference of the citizens. That is precisely why in a time that people are becoming aware of this fact a system redesign can only be beneficial, it destroys the previous one and due to context has an increased chance of improvements. You also have to take in consideration that it will generate a better understanding about the EU and require a broader agreement from all parties...

French farmers

I'm not mad at anyone but the politicians and some policies. Subsidized agriculture is bad for nationals and the world itself. It does not benefit the small farmer only big agro.

the local democracy you're giving up

What local democracy, the problem with politics is generalized, what we need is not a proliferation of politicians but chocks to the system. The more instability and pressure you put on politicians the better they work (ie. the benefit behind short terms) a federalization will make most national parties aggregate into full European parties (something that to a point already exists for the big ones, even worker unions).
edit on 12-10-2012 by Panic2k11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 03:52 PM
link   
I always held the Nobel Prize in high esteem but when Gore received the prize for an item which reminded me more on a commercial than a serious worthwhile presentation, I knew we lost this institution to the NWO agenda too. Obama's reward was the confirmation of my doubts...and now this...

My fellow earth-dwellers....we are going down hard and fast.

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by jimmyx

republican, democrate, labour, conservitive, whatever, they are
all the same to me. And that same is dirt!

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 09:45 AM
link   
reply to post by adrenochrome

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join