It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Evolution and Creationism is easy as math.

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 09:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by boymonkey74
reply to post by borntowatch

You need to go back a few posts, he HAS answered your questions...you have just chosen to ignore them.

Let me quote the first two answers
"We don't know"

Thats good enough for you, then enjoy your religious like faith.
It sure as hell aint science though, dont try to pass it off as science either. Might be enough for an evolutard but not for me
"We don't know" Indeed?

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 09:16 AM
link   

Wow you are so wrong you know. If thousands of scientists around the world believe in evolution and many many studies have shown it is true and still you think it is like a religion?.
Ah sod it no point trying to change someones mind who will not even try to understand scientific method...well I have had enough, you keep on believing in your stupid beliefs and I will believe in facts and things we observe.
Good day, enjoy your close minded life.

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by borntowatch

Originally posted by boymonkey74

You need to go back a few posts, he HAS answered your questions...you have just chosen to ignore them.

Let me quote the first two answers
"We don't know"

Thats good enough for you, then enjoy your religious like faith.
It sure as hell aint science though, dont try to pass it off as science either. Might be enough for an evolutard but not for mee
"We don't know" Indeed?

You might not like it, but but it's a FACT that there are things we don't know

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Abiogenesis is evolution, it is the start of it. Life evolving from nothing.

Dust and water then life evolves

Work it out

It really isn't. Read up on the theory you don't understand instead of making clownish uneducated statements

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 03:46 PM
link   
This thread reminds me of this:

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 05:48 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 05:57 PM
link   

You mean these two questions?

How did life originate?

How did the DNA code originate?

Nothing to do with evolution and yes we do not know.
We are not talking origins we are talking about evolution of species. Stop repeating yourself with the same drivel IE: evolution is not RELIGIOUS.....stop saying it is.

Oh and using name calling with "tard" in it is not on.
edit on 4-11-2012 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 11:32 PM
link   
reply to post by ihavenoaccount

Are you saying evolution draws the line at the first organism? So you're willing to believe we came from a single organism, but evolution only starts there? Before that, it's pure speculation?

I actually watched a show on evolution on the science channel, or maybe the discovery channel, where they were describing evolution. The beginning of the show started with them explaining how chemicals would have eventually became emergent. That emergent group of chemicals were the so called first organism or organisms. Emergence, however, was poorly explained. They compared it to a flock of birds in the sky. When the birds all get together and are flying, from our vantage point they seem to fly as one. That's how life first evolved. Now if that isn't changes over time, then I think I missed something. Can you explain why these scientists on the discovery and science channels are explaining this and calling it evolution if that's not what it is?

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 12:10 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 02:04 AM
link   

You're asking for answers to questions nobody can answer yet...and when people point that out, you make fun of them for not using your silly god of the gaps argument

Nobody knows how life started, but it's not relevant for the theory of evolution. If god(s) did it, evolution would still take over once first life popped up. If abiogenesis did it, the same applies. If a giant purple space turtle did it, it would work the same way. Either way, we don't know how first life started. We only know how today's biodiversity came to be.

Genius idea

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 03:36 AM
link   
Lets not pretend it was JUST ONE question, it was a series and they all need to be answered to prove evolution as a science

Now back to the questions, remember they are as easy as math.
Can this bonehead creatard have an answer or are you now changing tac and running from your fundamentalist evo position of demanding I submit to your faith.

Do I need to refresh you with the questions, elaborate some more.
Let me know your reason for sidestepping the issue

Answer the question PLEASE, release me from my ignorance, prove you are not.

Answer the question PLEASE

Just another hot air spouter is all I see.
edit on 5-11-2012 by borntowatch because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 03:52 AM
link   

He answered all the other questions, but I have had enough of you using "tard" as description (Yes it is yourself) but just stop it.
Good day and goodbye.

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 03:56 AM
link   
How could mutations—accidental copying mistakes (DNA ‘letters’ exchanged, deleted or added, genes duplicated, chromosome inversions, etc.)—create the huge volumes of information in the DNA of living things?

We have a pretty good understanding of how that works since we observed it so many times.

Google "mutations"

Why is natural selection, a principle recognized by creationists, taught as ‘evolution’,

Because it's a KEY ELEMENT of evolution

Read about the theory, at least the Wiki article...that way you wouldn't have questions like this one

How did new biochemical pathways, which involve multiple enzymes working together in sequence, originate?

The theory of evolution explains that and we see it happen in front of our days every single day.

Living things look like they were designed, so how do evolutionists know that they were not designed?

Because we know how today's biodiversity came to be...and what you call "design" is nothing but the product of physical forces and biological processes. Again, the theory of evolution describes this perfectly...and also makes it abundantly clear that no magic (aka a god or gods) were necessary for it.

At least read up on the theory, because so far you are asking questions that the theory answers...

How did multi-cellular life originate? How did cells adapted to individual survival ‘learn’ to cooperate and specialize (including undergoing programmed cell death) to create complex plants and animals?

A simple Google search would have answered that question for you: LINK

We KNOW it worked that way because it's STILL happening...

How did sex originate?

Google is your friend

Why are the (expected) countless millions of transitional fossils missing?

Fossils only form under very specific conditions...which doesn't mean you can't draw conclusions. We have millions of transitional fossils.

To give you an example:

We could find remains of one of your ancestors from 500 years ago and test his DNA. We could then test your DNA without ever looking at your ancestors between that guy and you...and guess what, we could still figure out you're related.

The "missing link" argument is complete and utter nonsense.

How do ‘living fossils’ remain unchanged over supposed hundreds of millions of years, if evolution has changed worms into humans in the same time frame?

They aren't unchanged, the changes are just small. Take the crocodile for example. While it looks very similar to its ancestors, and the genetic changes are small, today's crocodile couldn't mate with its ancestor. The reason they didn't change all that much is because they didn't have to, the environmental changes didn't force them to adapt as drastically as other species.

How did blind chemistry create mind/ intelligence, meaning, altruism and morality

Morality comes from society, not some genetic trait...that's why we have different morals in different parts of the world. As for intelligence, that's connected to brain size and the theory of evolution explains how that happened perfectly fine. As for meaning, what meaning? Everyone has a different meaning...it's totally subjective and not genetic.

Why is evolutionary ‘just-so’ story-telling tolerated? Evolutionists often use flexible story-telling to ‘explain’ observations contrary to evolutionary theory

Example?

Bit ironic that you talk about "story telling" when your entire belief is based on a FICTIONAL BOOK that is DEMONSTRABLY wrong in HUNDREDS of cases

Where are the scientific breakthroughs due to evolution?

You mean aside from penicillin, gene technology, and a TOOOON of meds that wouldn't be possible if the theory were wrong?

Science involves experimenting to figure out how things work; how they operate. Why is evolution, a theory about history, taught as if it is the same as this operational science?

Because it's been observed, tested, and hell...we even APPLY the theory in modern medicine.

Why is a fundamentally religious idea, a dogmatic belief system that fails to explain the evidence, taught in science classes?

The theory of evolution isn't a religion, it's based on tested and applied FACTS and evidence.

here are his answers (AGAIN) because you must have missed them, as you have noticed he did not side step any question but you have chosen to ignore his answers.

edit on 5-11-2012 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 04:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by addygrace
reply to post by ihavenoaccount

Are you saying evolution draws the line at the first organism? So you're willing to believe we came from a single organism, but evolution only starts there? Before that, it's pure speculation?

I actually watched a show on evolution on the science channel, or maybe the discovery channel, where they were describing evolution. The beginning of the show started with them explaining how chemicals would have eventually became emergent. That emergent group of chemicals were the so called first organism or organisms. Emergence, however, was poorly explained. They compared it to a flock of birds in the sky. When the birds all get together and are flying, from our vantage point they seem to fly as one. That's how life first evolved. Now if that isn't changes over time, then I think I missed something. Can you explain why these scientists on the discovery and science channels are explaining this and calling it evolution if that's not what it is?

Abiogenesis, the Big Bang etc. all belong to a set of theories (not hypotheses) dubbed origins. As per the name, origins explain the beginning of things. Abiogenesis is about the beginning of life, and evolution is about the gradual descent and variation of characteristics over certain periods of time. They are two different things. I think you did miss something; they'd never call abiogenesis evolution. The appearance of an organism leads to evolution (if it's lucky, or not lol) but it's not the same thing at all. This is why a lot of religious people have no problem with evolution in and of itself.

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 04:36 AM
link   

Lets not pretend it was JUST ONE question, it was a series and they all need to be answered to prove evolution as a science

Now back to the questions, remember they are as easy as math.
Can this bonehead creatard have an answer or are you now changing tac and running from your fundamentalist evo position of demanding I submit to your faith.

Do I need to refresh you with the questions, elaborate some more.
Let me know your reason for sidestepping the issue

Answer the question PLEASE, release me from my ignorance, prove you are not.

Answer the question PLEASE

Just another hot air spouter is all I see.
edit on 5-11-2012 by borntowatch because: (no reason given)

I answered all your questions and mentioned which ones can't be answered because we don't have objective evidence. Not all your questions even concern evolution, a FACT you keep on ignoring...just like you keep on pretending that your GOD OF THE GAPS argument is somehow valid

It's hilarious how you delude yourself by pretending your questions haven't been answered...kinda like these guys:

Go to Wikipedia, do a search for "evolution" and read the 2 basic articles...you obviously don't have a clue, so if you want to be taken seriously, at least bother learning about the theory

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 07:30 AM
link   
"Google is your friend" is not an answer.
Google makes mockery of your faith in monkeys and darwins evolution. They are not systematic logical answers.
If you want to shut me down answer the questions with a valid ressponse

Again I ask for solid evidence not childish suggestions with no support.

Where are your valid answers.

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 07:32 AM
link   
"We have a pretty good understanding of how that works since we observed it so many times. Google "mutations""

Show me one good mutation and back up it being beneficial; with evidence.
I am asking you to show me a good mutation and then support your belief. Its simple
One question at a time.

You think you can prove it then go ahead.

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 07:33 AM
link   

Lol Iam not going to repeat myself...again.
You lost the argument and you still can not accept the truth.
Wow I have never met such a close minded person.
Well they do say "you can't see the wood thru the trees" that sum's you up pal.

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 07:53 AM
link   

"We have a pretty good understanding of how that works since we observed it so many times. Google "mutations""

Show me one good mutation and back up it being beneficial; with evidence.
I am asking you to show me a good mutation and then support your belief. Its simple
One question at a time.

You think you can prove it then go ahead.

www.gate.net...

There we go...more than one there.
So google is my friend, try searching sometimes.

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 09:45 AM
link   

"Google is your friend" is not an answer.
Google makes mockery of your faith in monkeys and darwins evolution. They are not systematic logical answers.
If you want to shut me down answer the questions with a valid ressponse

Again I ask for solid evidence not childish suggestions with no support.

Where are your valid answers.

Google mutations...because there are HUNDREDS of scientific articles. You don't really expect me to summarize mutations in a single post?

It's pretty clear though that you prefer IGNORANCE over actually educating yourself...so what's the point. You're just going to ignore it like all the other answers I gave because your religious brainwashing only allows you to see fairytales instead of reality

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join