It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Evolution and Creationism is easy as math.

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 07:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by jiggerj

Originally posted by HappyBunny

Hi jiggerj,

If I might make a suggestion...read Dawkins' The Greatest Show on Earth or Coyne's Why Evolution is True. Sudden mutations are possible--what you're not understanding is that the mutation doesn't produce sudden, noticeable changes. That takes generations. And don't confuse generations with years; evolution doesn't work that way. Here's an example. Let's say person A had a mutation on a particular gene. That mutation gets passed on to his or her offspring one generation later. A hundred years after that, his or her descendent, who has inherited the gene, shows some physical alteration, no matter how small.

A hundred years, four generations.

Get it?

Hi HB,

Two things,

First this from Mathematical Impossibility of Evolution

the probability of 200 successive mutations being successful is then (½)200, or one chance out of 1060. The number 1060, if written out, would be "one" followed by sixty "zeros." In other words, the chance that a 200-component organism could be formed by mutation and natural selection is less than one chance out of a trillion, trillion, trillion, trillion, trillion! Lest anyone think that a 200-part system is unreasonably complex, it should be noted that even a one-celled plant or animal may have millions of molecular "parts.

Two: As impossible as it is to have successful mutations repeated over and over, it seems nature hasn't been informed. The trees mutated successfully, along with every plant, weed, bug, animal, fish...

Take any living thing and have a scientist look at it and say, "Hmmm, this creature had a bad mutation because it obviously doesn't need this part."

Even our appendix was once useful. And I bet every part of the platypus is useful to the creature. Show me an elephant with an extra (failed) trunk sticking out of it's side, seeds that won't grow and aren't edible.

The odds of unsuccessful mutations occurring are way more likely that successful mutations, yet all we see are the good ones.
edit on 10/25/2012 by jiggerj because: (no reason given)

Okay, I was trying to help you out and guide you to two very good books that could help you understand the modern synthesis, but since you want to be insulting by posting a blatantly creationist website without being intellectually honest enough to even check them out....

Firstly, the "bad" ones are weeded out through natural selection. A large mutation doesn't allow the organism to function, and it dies before it can reproduce. And scientists don't say, "Hmmm, this creature had a bad mutation because it obviously doesn't need this part." How nonsensical.

Secondly...the Institute for Creation Research, seriously?

Thirdly, there's no such thing as the mathematical impossibility of evolution. That's just patently absurd. You're misapplying Borel's "Law" (which isn't a law) like all creationists do because you don't understand the mathematical concept behind it, nor do you understand the biochemistry behind any of it. All you're doing is regurgitating what a website said. You don't even know enough to explain it in your own words.

Many of us here, however, DO understand the mathematics and the biochemistry. And we all know that you're about as wrong as you can get.

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 08:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Dynamike

Evolution theory is already dead .

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 08:59 AM
link   
If we evolved from Monkeys... then how come there are still monkeys? how come there aren't any half human half monkey folks roaming around? Or did you find bigfoot and get that $10,000,000 reward from Spike TV?

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 09:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by resoe26
If we evolved from Monkeys... then how come there are still monkeys? how come there aren't any half human half monkey folks roaming around? Or did you find bigfoot and get that $10,000,000 reward from Spike TV?

Ya . Evolution is deception . They have been lying to whole human generation for 100s of years . We humans are either aliens or created by God

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 09:41 AM
link   

This is the stupidest creationist argument ever and shows your ignorance of evolutionary theory.

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 09:46 AM
link   

This is the stupidest creationist argument ever and shows your ignorance of evolutionary theory.

My ignorance of evolutionary theory? Has it not came into perspective that it is just a THEORY? Therefore it has really never been worth my time nor have I been intrested in researching something so preposterous.

Can you answer my questions then in my first post on this thread? Where is the branch off of species that is half monkey half human.... Surely there must be some other Human like creatures roaming the earth then if "evolutionary THEORY" is correct...

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 01:46 PM
link   
reply to post by resoe26

That's NOT how evolution works. Read a book! I can't believe the amount of ignorance people just pull off creationist website and assume it's true. Yes, it's ignorance. How can you blindly attack something without even learning the basics of how it works first? Humans didn't evolve from modern day monkeys. Deny Ignorance!

A few examples of the complete ignorance being posted:

We need transitional fossils, you know part dog part seal. Come on

If we evolved from Monkeys... then how come there are still monkeys?

Evolution is deception . They have been lying to whole human generation for 100s of years

Has it not came into perspective that it is just a THEORY?

These things have been debunked hundreds of times. All you have to do is read the basic wiki on evolution to realize those things are absurd. You may want to google "scientific theory" since you don't seem to even know what that means.

Where is the branch off of species that is half monkey half human....

For good measure, I'm posting this link, although the term "missing link" is really a misnomer. There are hundreds of links that have been found and plenty that have not (for many species, not just man and ape)

www.dailymail.co.uk...

^That's just one of a bout a dozen that have been found linking modern humans with ancient ape.

Scientific ignorance and illiteracy do not prove evolution wrong. Learn it and then address specifics if you disagree with it, but the truth of the matter is it goes way over most creationists heads, so when actual scientific data is provided they just ignore it because they can't understand it. Sad, but true. People like borntowatch are here just to preach their religion. Whenever science and links are provided to prove him wrong, he just pretends they weren't posted and repeats the same argument. A little be of honesty would be nice, from any of you guys, but it's always lies and deceptions. It's a problem, but luckily it only affects a small percentage of the population who are religious fundamentalists and living in their own fantasy world.
edit on 26-10-2012 by Barcs because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Okay, I was trying to help you out and guide you to two very good books that could help you understand the modern synthesis, but since you want to be insulting by posting a blatantly creationist website without being intellectually honest enough to even check them out....

Firstly, the "bad" ones are weeded out through natural selection. A large mutation doesn't allow the organism to function, and it dies before it can reproduce. And scientists don't say, "Hmmm, this creature had a bad mutation because it obviously doesn't need this part." How nonsensical.

Thirdly, there's no such thing as the mathematical impossibility of evolution. That's just patently absurd. You're misapplying Borel's "Law" (which isn't a law) like all creationists do because you don't understand the mathematical concept behind it, nor do you understand the biochemistry behind any of it. All you're doing is regurgitating what a website said. You don't even know enough to explain it in your own words.

Many of us here, however, DO understand the mathematics and the biochemistry. And we all know that you're about as wrong as you can get.

UnHappy Bunny, I thought we were just shooting the breeze here. I didn't say I understood evolution. Didn't say I want to understand. Think hard on this, if I WANTED to know all there is to know about evolution, don't you think I'd go to school for it??? More importantly, why would anyone come here for specific information?

And, if you want to 'help people out' then get a degree in teaching and DON'T come here! We're not here to be helped out by anyone, much less an arrogant know-it-all such as yourself.

I don't believe in sudden mutation and no one's going to change my mind. I know what I've heard via some evolutionists, and they believe it. Good day. Jeez.
edit on 10/26/2012 by jiggerj because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 12:17 PM
link   

I don't believe in sudden mutation and no one's going to change my mind. I know what I've heard via some evolutionists, and they believe it.

So you believe genetic mutations do not exist and no amount of science will convince you otherwise? Interesting attitude. They are scientifically proven, but if you'd rather not believe in them, that's fine with me.

The purpose of this site is to deny ignorance and that's why people are posting about misunderstandings of the theory and get a little annoyed when people are in denial over scientific facts. Many ATS members HAVE gone to school for this and other applicable fields of science. They are choosing to share this knowledge with you. What you do with it is up to you and only you. I just don't see a real reason to argue with repeatable tests and experiments.
edit on 29-10-2012 by Barcs because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by jiggerj

UnHappy Bunny, I thought we were just shooting the breeze here. I didn't say I understood evolution. Didn't say I want to understand. Think hard on this, if I WANTED to know all there is to know about evolution, don't you think I'd go to school for it??? More importantly, why would anyone come here for specific information?

Maybe because some of us know what we're talking about? If you want to engage with people who are going to agree with you all the time, you're in the wrong place. Go to Dinox.org or somewhere where someone will make you feel all warm and fuzzy for not choosing to educate yourself.

And, if you want to 'help people out' then get a degree in teaching and DON'T come here! We're not here to be helped out by anyone, much less an arrogant know-it-all such as yourself.

LOL I'd rather be an elitist, arrogant know it all than an ignorant redneck who's still living in the Middle Ages.

I don't believe in sudden mutation and no one's going to change my mind. I know what I've heard via some evolutionists, and they believe it. Good day. Jeez.
edit on 10/26/2012 by jiggerj because: (no reason given)

I really don't care what you believe. Evolution is not about belief--it's about accumulated empirical and experimental evidence with predictive value that hasn't been disproven in more than 150 years.

If you can't handle that simple truth, too bad.

If you choose to wallow in ignorance, that's your business. That does not, however, give you the right to try to shove your beliefs down our throats and expect us to swallow it.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 02:26 PM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

In other words, you'd like to change ATS's mantra to "EMBRACE IGNORANCE"

Great plan

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrXYZ
reply to post by jiggerj

In other words, you'd like to change ATS's mantra to "EMBRACE IGNORANCE"

Great plan

Not at all. If someone comes here all full of him/herself, claiming to KNOW something that is wrong, by all means, bash away. But this is a CHAT FORUM, and I'm just chatting. I do not claim to know a whole lot of stuff, and I appreciate picking up little bits of info during these conversations (emphasis on LITTLE BITS), but when someone tries to shove a whole encyclopedia down your throat, that's when I get p'd off. This is not a school. There is no forced homework, and the mantra SHOULD be changed to:

Deny Ignorance
Smack Down Arrogance

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 04:54 PM
link   
reply to post by HappyBunny

If you wouldn't do this at home

My last response to you.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 05:03 PM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

So you are complaining about too many facts for your brain to handle? Want to IGNORE them? Or demand people don't post them so you won't have to IGNORE them? That's the very definition of ignorance

It's a discussion forum, not a chat forum by the way...and a public one too. In short, while you might not like (too many) facts, complaining about it on a public discussion forum is kind of silly. And that has nothing to do with arrogance

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 05:06 PM
link   

OMG that is the best stupid ass post I have ever read on ATS

Surely this is a joke post no one can be that stupid.

Oh and before you say it, I was an experiment mixing monkey DNA with human DNA.

edit on 29-10-2012 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by boymonkey74

OMG that is the best stupid ass post I have ever read on ATS

Surely this is a joke post no one can be that stupid.

Oh and before you say it, I was an experiment mixing monkey DNA with human DNA.

edit on 29-10-2012 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

Damn...and here I was hoping you're that "missing link"

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 05:13 PM
link   
reply to post by MrXYZ

Heck that post is just as good as my fave stupid evolution quote "If we come from monkeys how come we can't talk monkey".

Do some people never go to school or read anymore?

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrXYZ
complaining about it on a public discussion forum is kind of silly.

Have to admit that you're right. I should have just ignored her/him. I will from now on.

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 02:38 AM
link   
Its a mortal atheist sin to question evolution, to deny you understand it is to deny faith in science Darwin and Dawkins.
Burn atheist heretic, burn.

Well you know its a joke I hope.

As easy as maths, 0+0= everything and then life.
If they could explain the answer so that I could understand it, I would accept evolution, as I would expect every Christian to do. To deny we dont understand evolution to the atheist is to invite ridicule and hate. One would think it was an opportunity to invite a logical methodical explanation, but that doesnt exist so ridicule and hate will have to do.

If I was an atheist it would be easier to lie and agree

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 08:06 AM
link   
Actually math supports creation for example Fibonacci numbers and Golden Rectangle.
If you didn't know about this, please watch this interesting video,

The Fingerprint of God

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join