It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

No Write-In Voting in Oklahoma!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 04:23 AM
link   
Hello ATSers, I live in Oklahoma, the state which I was born in, and love. This election, however, I seem to have nobody to vote for! I really wish to be able to write in Dr Ron Paul, the only Candidate worth my vote. How can we change this? Oklahoma seems to have the least Democratic voting laws of all the states! Does anyone else have this problem, or live in a state that doesn't allow write-in votes? Does anyone know if there is something we can do about it?

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 07:03 AM
link   
reply to post by dave_welch

it seems this may be a reaction to my running for POTUS/Congress/Senate 2012 . On mobile atm so see my profile for information .

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 07:11 AM
link   
That just means you can't write in Ron Paul. See the conspiracy goes deeper.

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 11:31 AM
link   
Hi, another Okie here and I'm with you on this. I've been pondering this same question for a couple of months now. The conclusion I had come to was that since I can't vote for Dr. Paul, I will do the next best thing and vote for Gary Johnson.

This "No Write-In" thing sucks.

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 11:35 AM
link   
Nevada doesnt allow write in votes either.

So I just wont vote this cycle, none of them are (as you say) worth my vote.

We just have to watch from the sidelines while the two parties make fools of themselves.

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by dave_welch
Hello ATSers, I live in Oklahoma, the state which I was born in, and love. This election, however, I seem to have nobody to vote for! I really wish to be able to write in Dr Ron Paul, the only Candidate worth my vote. How can we change this? Oklahoma seems to have the least Democratic voting laws of all the states! Does anyone else have this problem, or live in a state that doesn't allow write-in votes? Does anyone know if there is something we can do about it?

I really would not worry about it.
1. Ron Paul dropped out of the race and even if he did not drop out of the race he would still not win
2. Unless you live in a swing state your vote does not matter, i vote for my dad every 4 years.

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 05:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Dnepropetrovsk

He didn't drop out, he wasn't nominated as candidate. And whether or not my vote matters, I think I should be able to use it for who I think is right.

new topics

top topics

join