It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Non USers who would you vote for and why?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 04:11 AM
link   
Iam not an American and can not vote on your upcoming election but I wondered who I would vote for if I was and after reading alot on this site and watching the debates I have decided I would have to vote Obama why? for only one reason Mitt is a Mormon and a Christian.
Now I expect a few people being miffed with me so I will explain...
Church and Government supposed to be seperate but it appears to me Mitt will not be able to separate his religious beliefs from the job of running his nation.
To me anyone who really believes in Mormonism is bat S**t crazy, have you read the stuff they think is true?
Also any President who is such a religious Christian will try and bring in the end of times just to prove the Bible is correct.
Heck maybe a little out there but come on this is ATS lol.

I feel sorry for the election system in the US you have 2 guys who will do nothing for the country but cause misery for its people.
It is the same here in the UK, I couldn't vote for either of our muppets who run each of our parties.
You guys shoulda voted for Ron Paul at least he seemed a little honest and caring lol.

So what do you other non US people think eh?

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 04:16 AM
link   
Ron Paul!!

It was quite clear that Romney Cheated his way into the GOP nomination in the first place

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 04:19 AM
link   
It doesn't really matter as they're just some well paid pawn for others so just stick some faces on a dice and whoever comes up gets the job

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 04:31 AM
link   
Just because the monkey is off your back doesn't mean the circus has left town- George Carlin

The world should be able to vote on who gets into power in America as whatever America does seems to effect the whole world.

In saying this, I really don't care who get's in. I dislike Romney for his religious stance and I really don't find Obama all that flattering with him turning the other cheek on Guantanamo.

I love the American elections, actions speak louder than words yet they have spent over 700 million dollars on campaign advertising.

It's nice to see someone cling to something they feel so strong about, but it will never do them justice.

So much for a democracy.

So much for a right to vote.

So much for your rights to bear arms.

As your rights will be stripped from you in elections to come.

Come what may,
-SoS-

edit on 12-10-2012 by Sounds_of_Silence because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 04:36 AM
link   
Lol Ron Paul is just a Republican disguised as a Libertarian.

He would still strip the rights of gays to form civil unions, and would leave almost everything to the states.

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 04:59 AM
link   
reply to post by boymonkey74

I would practice what I preach and not vote for anyone.

The whole thing's a show and it doesn't entertain me.

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 05:01 AM
link   
G'day Boymonkey
Thanks for the opportunity to "pseudo vote" in the US elections

I would have to agree with you re Romney for the same reasons along with what I see as the GOP candidates seem to be more hawkish than the Dems. I also feel that Obama, even though he comes across as polite and respectful, hasn't gone far enough with his promises (ha, that's a good one - politicians keeping promises.

But that said. I have always been impressed with Ron Paul's speeches both inside and outside of their parliament.

Thinking of how people here on ATS seem to want "something to happen" all of the time, I guess the best candidate would really be Romney as his election would probably guarantee "something to happen" in the mid east.

One thing that does concern me was the gaffe that Obama made when his mic was still on at some UN meeting when he was talking with the russian representative I think and he said something about "wait until I get in for my second term". That sounded ominous imo.

To finish, I think Isreal will bring things to the boil soon in the mid east no matter what happens in the US elections.

Cheers

Steve

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 05:12 AM
link   
Ich komme aus Hamburg.

America ist schlecht im Poli!

Alle ist niecht gut!

Angele Merkel ist eine super Frau.

Ich will mit Mitt getrinken!

Mit Mitt! Mit Mitt! Mit Mitt!

Always love the chance to practice my German. By the way, if the world were polled on the US election, Obama would win in a landslide.

(Not actually German, clearly)

ETA; mit Mitt means with Mitt in German. I'm freakin clever.

edit on 10/12/2012 by PatrickGarrow17 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 05:24 AM
link   
ron paul and only ron paul

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 05:29 AM
link   

Obama would get my vote for sure! Romneys eyes and his weird fake smile freak me!

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 05:40 AM
link   
reply to post by SilentE

Matthew 7:15,16 Beware of false prophets, who come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravenous wolves. You will know them by their fruits....
I dont Vote its a waste of time

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 05:50 AM
link   

I concur with many of the replies here. I would rather stick a fork in my eye than vote for any of these bozos. They are corrupt and evil to the core. Actually the only good thing about democracy in the US is that it's not compulsory to vote. Been getting warning letters and fines for years in Oz for not honouring my democratic duty !!

I get the feeling there won't be an election anyway. That's why O'Bummer was so awful in the debate. He couldn't give a crap because he's pres forever now ! Beware - could all be going down this week-end. Crap always goes down on the week-ends while the markets are closed.

Peace Out

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 05:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by madenusa
reply to post by SilentE

Matthew 7:15,16 Beware of false prophets, who come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravenous wolves. You will know them by their fruits....
I dont Vote its a waste of time

And that's why I hope the USA ends up with Obama. Romney would be sprouting scripture just like any other religious nutter over there and probably take the USA back a hundred years. Hell, take a look at the science committee. There's a religious nutter on there that reckons science comes straight from the pit of hell.
And re not voting. People died just to get the right to vote for there futures and over in the US people spit on their deaths by throwing away that right

top topics

join