It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alternate View on Christianity

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 09:05 PM
link   
reply to post by adjensen

Ah, I see.

Interesting how in the NT Leviticus begins where Exodus ends at the foot of Mt. Sinai. I'm trying to wrap my head around the concept of how religion and it's institutions are based. So basically what is it is saying is that Jesus is now the Kohan and the priests and ministers that of the Levites, which were the enforcers of the Law? Makes sense that the term Leviticus would be used in the Septuagint.

Thanks for the explanation.

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 10:25 PM
link   
reply to post by itsallmaya

That's so interesting to learn, thank you.

I have often wound up finding answers on "Ask a Rabbi," but I've never actually asked a Rabbi anything!

Kudos!

edit on 15-10-2012 by windword because: grammer

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 10:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by windword

That's so interesting to learn, thank you.

I have often wound up finding answers on "Ask a Rabbi," but I've never actually asked a Rabbi anything!

Kudos!

You know, if you're in a city that has a synagogue with a full time Rabbi, you can usually just go over there and sit down and talk to one. They're pretty friendly, in my experience

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 08:32 AM
link   

You know, if you're in a city that has a synagogue with a full time Rabbi, you can usually just go over there and sit down and talk to one. They're pretty friendly, in my experience
reply to post by adjensen

Actually I did just that! Lol

In my single years, I lived in an apartment building literally right next door to an Orthodox Shul. The rabbi ran a class at night once a week on the interpretation on the first five books of the jewish bible (Chumash). There was a group of about 15 at it's inception (wound down to around 8 of us) who sat with the rabbi for around an hour, sometimes running way later when things got particularily interesting.

Most times we only covered a mere three to five pages in that whole time. I have to admit though it was extremely interesting for the most part, a lot was just spent going over precise translations and at times conversation would take a very in depth look of a statement or theme that he would elaborate on by quoting other sources or speak of findings from the musings of various sages from back in the day.

One tidbit that always stuck in my mind was his stating that in the very beginning, in Adam and Eve's time, children were born as twins (always one boy and one girl). He talked about how the precise translation for what we refer to the apple was in fact a fig (possibly a date?). Anyway, for some reason I remember the little token tidbits like this rather than the grander schemes of things for some reason. Regardless, it was a truly fascinating experience and previledge to be able to participate as you can well imagine.

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 09:41 AM
link   

Wow, that sounds like an awesome experience, very cool that you were able to participate in something like that!

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join