It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Misdirections

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2003 @ 10:26 PM
link   
What if..... some millitary installations are misdirections from the government to cover up the real deal nobody knows about? Just a thought, the Government is tricky. Making people look one way, and maybe creating more than one misdirection would be a good way of hiding the truth.

posted on Apr, 29 2003 @ 11:16 PM
link   
That is a very good theory, and one that should be further explored than it has been.

There is a lot of thought that Area 51 is just a giant diversionary tactic to cover up another hidden base somewhere up in Utah. (However, I understand that Area 51 is still 100% functional with X Craft as of 1997).

posted on Apr, 29 2003 @ 11:21 PM
link   
"Everything in this world that has been seen in the internet as a conspiracy is misinformation." - Last words of someone who knew something that was true.

Possiblity, most likely, I agree with you 100%

Conspirators are pushing us where they want us to be.

[Edited on 4/30/2003 by FoxStriker]

posted on Apr, 29 2003 @ 11:24 PM
link   
Yes, think about it. The government apparently can cover up a lot of things. Now... if you were planning to set up a scam, I assume that you would create a few "fake" leads and so on. These kinds of diversion tactics can be adopted anywhere. The government KNOWS EXACTLY what interests the people, and maybe it (the government) satisfies them by "showing them the truth", and "the truth" being created by them - being in actuality a lie. In other words, feeding them what they wish to be feeded with.

[Edited on 30-4-2003 by another_one]

posted on Apr, 30 2003 @ 11:31 AM
link   
I think a lot of us want to see more covert activities so the world won't seem so dull. Just think if we knew that there were no UFOs, No secret societies and everything was really as cut and dried as we are told. All crop circles were fake and so were the prospects of monsters, ghosts and secret gov experiments. Boring isn't it?

posted on Apr, 30 2003 @ 01:29 PM
link   
I think the ultimate coverup is still actually using the Area 51 area.... Janet flights still continue to the base, and I personally think that site 4 is chugging along just as it always has....especially since it's more remote than the base proper...

posted on Apr, 30 2003 @ 01:32 PM
link   
There is no better truth than a lie

posted on Apr, 30 2003 @ 11:47 PM
link   
Thats so true

posted on Apr, 30 2003 @ 11:49 PM
link   
"The truth is so valuable it must be accompanied by a bodyguard of lies" Winston Churchill

posted on May, 1 2003 @ 07:26 AM
link   
Ahh, but what if they know that people would think that (for example) area 51 was a cover, and so used it anyway to cover up the cover up as people looked elsewhere.

Gets into the realms of
they know that we know that they know that we know that they know...

posted on May, 1 2003 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Don't start with that you know we know what you know bit....

top topics

join