It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Curiosity Sol 51: The "bagpipe" and other anomalies.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 06:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Arken

Until we can get a real high definition close up of these "bagpipe/bone/perfect joints" you have presented - which may or may not substantiate your claims - they are rocks.

There’s no point suggesting they are anything else, and this is why; without some really compelling substantiation, all of these offerings are possibly bordering on disingenuous, to yourself and others who share the concept of a previously inhabited Mars (including me).

It is also absolutely not helping the widely shared hypothesis that there could be residual evidence of past life on Mars awaiting discovery because all you are doing is projecting your own desire to find something evidential onto photos of rocks, and that – in my opinion - vicariously makes us all look kooky and desperate.

I’m not saying that you – or anyone – should stop looking at the NASA photos, but let’s apply some restraint.

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 07:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Arken
Bones?

No, it looks exactly like an arrow. I think someone may have added that arrow to this image. It isn't in the original. Someone has definitely manipulated this image to make it look like there is an arrow on Mars. This is scientifically unacceptable. How dare someone manipulate an image this way. Scientific data is sacrosanct and cannot be manipulated in any way by any means!

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 08:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by alienreality

Originally posted by wmd_2008

Originally posted by alienreality
Thats definitely strange looking, notice the right angle shape of the lower front area, looks like some material cut at exactly 90 degrees like a square edge... That just doesn't happen naturally...

You obviously haven't looked hard enough!!

Never assume what nature CAN and CAN'T do!
edit on 12-10-2012 by wmd_2008 because: (no reason given)

Nope not even a comparison at all.. That image you posted definitely looks normal because it is all random angles and obviously natural rock formations, nothing like the right angle object..

Your attempt isn't even humorous, that's how flawed it is..

It wasn't meant to be humorous here do you like this better

or this

Nice corner to rock at the bottom of the image.

So I will say again DON'T assume what nature can or can't do

edit on 12-10-2012 by wmd_2008 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 08:36 AM
link   
I think you should invest in some better software if you want to go zooming in on things. Just saying.

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 09:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Arken

Bagpipes? Bone? Joint?

Arken! You're slipping! You pointed to those rocks and said they look like those things, yet in the original image, all the way to the left hand side, about mid way, is something that I would have expected you to POUNCE on!

Maybe you need to get your eyes checked?

Anyways, you're not the only one. Can't believe no one else has spotted this, heheheh. Here is a cropped part of the image, and I've circled it:

Source Raw Image, Left Mast Cam, 8000

And here it is again in the image taken next to it, towards the right of the image and mid way. Again, I've cropped the image and circled it:

Source Raw Image Left Mast Cam, 7000

To me it distinctly looks like one of these:

A very large Cowry Shell.

After all, this crater was at the bottom of an ancient ocean, right?

Again, can't believe you missed it. Maybe you were tired?

As for what it really is: no idea. Might be a rock.....or it might actually be a very large martian version of a Cowry Shell!

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 09:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Arken

This one's interesting. It certainly does look out of place. I've seen similar rocks though. But I wouldn't discount anything. Archeologists found a 1.5 million year old foot print in Kenya in 2009.

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 05:54 PM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

One of this has captured my attention, when I stumbled on this unusual "rock" that looks like a "bagpipe".

Sometimes I wonder if you have ever see a rock in your life.

This anomaly have an Oval shape, a hole in the middle, three long protuberances and colors.
absolutely not homogenous with the surrounding terrain and rocks.

I see mostly JPEG artefacts, it's hard to see anything else on that image. extra DIV

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 07:06 PM
link   
In the first pics in the thread, didnt anyone notice the thing behind it? It looks like a lizard with a scuba tank on its shoulders. Wheeee!
The old photographer secret trick is to turn the image sideways (usually left, something to do with visual processing, maybe cuz majority are right handed, idk), and relax your eyes a little. Our brains will target the shapes that are inconsistent with the overall flow of the image (i.e. living creatures in a landscape, etc.) due to our eyes being trained to target the most frequently recognized images (like how quickly we see "face" patterns).
Its pretty trippy to do. I'll look at a pic and think maaaybe theres something there. I'll give it a turn and refocus, and I'll instantly see where the anomaly is, and it's easier to debunk in the same way. Our eyes/brains will focus in on the pattern and recognize it better.
I've even read about NASA staff discussing this when they edit images for viewing. (take that statement for all its worth
) even saying sometimes all they have to do is flip an image vertically or horizontally, and the "curious or questionable" anomaly or object is practically invisible and usually goes unnoticed.
Very interesting

(oh, please god, let that be a lizard with a oxygen tank!)

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 01:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by ArMaP
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

One of this has captured my attention, when I stumbled on this unusual "rock" that looks like a "bagpipe".

Sometimes I wonder if you have ever see a rock in your life.

This anomaly have an Oval shape, a hole in the middle, three long protuberances and colors.
absolutely not homogenous with the surrounding terrain and rocks.

I see mostly JPEG artefacts, it's hard to see anything else on that image.

And sometimes I wonder if you are really a subject matter expert.
extra DIV

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 07:28 AM
link   

Well, I do have the badge.

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by ArMaP

Well, I do have the badge.

You're nothing but a lot of talk and a badge.

From the movie "The Untouchables".

Sorry I can't resist.

edit on 13-10-2012 by Arken because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 11:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Arken

Maybe, but "We don't need no badges! I don't have to show you any stinkin' badges!", from "The Treasure of the Sierra Madre".

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 12:05 PM
link   

i know someone interested in all these space rocks

edit on 13-10-2012 by christoph because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

active topics

<< 1   >>

join