It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Curiosity Sol 51: The "bagpipe" and other anomalies.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 02:29 AM
link   
Scottish on Mars? The most lucky rover ever, Curiosity, continues to send interesting images from the more humid and warm crater of Mars. One of this has captured my attention, when I stumbled on this unusual "rock" that looks like a "bagpipe". Of course I don't know what it is but its shape and conformation is absolutely unusual and very strange.This anomaly have an Oval shape, a hole in the middle, three long protuberances and colors.
absolutely not homogenous with the surrounding terrain and rocks.

mardew.com...

mars.jpl.nasa.gov...

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 02:32 AM
link   
The pipes are just other rocks in the background.

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 02:37 AM
link   
Thats definitely strange looking, notice the right angle shape of the lower front area, looks like some material cut at exactly 90 degrees like a square edge... That just doesn't happen naturally... For a place that isn't believed to have any prior or current inhabitants, mars sure seems to have a lot of strange things turning up..

Like that pyramid shaped chunk of igneous rock they found a week or two ago... The base of that object looks like it is artificial.. Not saying it IS, but it sure looks like something unnatural.
edit on 12-10-2012 by alienreality because: fix

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 02:42 AM
link   
looks a bit like a slug

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 02:48 AM
link   
Are you taking the piss???

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 03:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Arken

It looks like an enlongated mummified head to me. The pipe part, looks like a long skinny neck going into the sand. the hole looks like a mouth, with two large dark eye spots above it.....

Des

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 03:25 AM
link   
It is, without doubt, a common one-eyed Piranha.

I clearly can make out the tailfins and the mouth and the one eye.

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 03:36 AM
link   
I'll bite...

It's a squid FTW! Honestly Op, I love your threads. Keep thinking outside the box.

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 03:38 AM
link   
Bones?

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 03:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Arken

nope. a rock

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 03:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Arken

Well another example to show why you shouldn't over zooooooommmmm!

You get a better idea of whats there in this picture below than your butchered effort!

Just rocks

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 04:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by alienreality
Thats definitely strange looking, notice the right angle shape of the lower front area, looks like some material cut at exactly 90 degrees like a square edge... That just doesn't happen naturally...

You obviously haven't looked hard enough!!

Never assume what nature CAN and CAN'T do!
edit on 12-10-2012 by wmd_2008 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 04:35 AM
link   
A Perfect Joint

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 04:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Arken
A Perfect Joint

Thats always going to be a hot discussion point.

Perfect joint

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 05:16 AM
link   
People it a rock, that’s it a ROCK

It never ceases to amaze me how people can see thing which are not there....we now have bagpipes...is anyone else bored of seeing the same rubbish being posted as proof that they have seen something on Mars which turns out to be yet another ROCK

Not trying to funny but that ROCK looks no more like a bagpipe than building brick looks like a horse.

Do you really think either Aliens started playing the bagpipes before the scots and decided to leave one on Mars or maybe the Scots are all bagpipe playing aliens from MARS.

I am so losing faith in the human race.

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 05:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by CrimsonMoon
Are you taking the piss???

Finally a sane person

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 05:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by wmd_2008

Originally posted by alienreality
Thats definitely strange looking, notice the right angle shape of the lower front area, looks like some material cut at exactly 90 degrees like a square edge... That just doesn't happen naturally...

You obviously haven't looked hard enough!!

Never assume what nature CAN and CAN'T do!
edit on 12-10-2012 by wmd_2008 because: (no reason given)

Nope not even a comparison at all.. That image you posted definitely looks normal because it is all random angles and obviously natural rock formations, nothing like the right angle object..

Your attempt isn't even humorous, that's how flawed it is..

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 05:33 AM
link   
reply to post by felixjames20

People are just posting interesting images from mars, no one has said it was aliens or even hinted at any.. It is called bagpipe picture only because of the unusual shape, even nasa does this kind of thing by giving certain landmarks or rocks names like this..

You are the only one I see getting their panties all bunched up over it

Relax, take a deep breath, and enjoy the interesting solar system like the rest of us are

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 06:30 AM
link   
reply to post by felixjames20

I am so losing faith in the human race.

Go on Mars....

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 06:53 AM
link   
My wife is still busy out back trying to pickle a goats knee and she is screaming in about 5 different tongues so.
Just Piss you say?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join