It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Evolution - defies accepted science

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 08:25 AM
link   
reply to post by newcovenant

What does this have to do with science?

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 08:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Deaf Alien

What does this have to do with science?

Everything and nothing.

The only reason evolution is getting questioned (by a few) is due to a religious conflict.
If people had never heard of creationism the science would be whole heartedly accepted.
Evolution has a few of the puzzle pieces missing but religion is the lie.
edit on 12-10-2012 by newcovenant because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 08:33 AM
link   

It's the struggle right?

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 08:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by pacifier2012
A fish trying to walk on land will die. Every fish that tries, (why would they try?) would die.

Walking catfish
Just sayin'...

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 08:34 AM
link   
i agree with everything that milkyway12 wrote in his original post. i'm not religious but i find it funny whenever evolutionists explain things away without any evidence. my personal favourite is the 'leap' that evolutionists say is the explaination to a new creature suddenly appearing in earth's history. the 'missing link' is also funny (no-one has ever found a half-human/half-whatever or even a half dolphin/half-monkey. you would think with all the fossil evidence and the fact that evolution is supposed to takes place over millions of years someone would have found something by know. all they have found is a bit of a stooped human who could have been a relation of john merrick the elephant man for all we know.

the thing i hate most about evolutionists is how they always think they are superior to anyone asking difficult questions for things they don't (as yet...) have any answers for.
edit on 12-10-2012 by sweetooth because: i think i may be dyselxic

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 08:36 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 08:38 AM
link   
Look everyone... I am an ID person

Suggestions?

STUDY!

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 08:39 AM
link   
reply to post by sweetooth

There is no missing link. This is an out of date concept only brought up by creationists. We have a complete fossil record from modern Homo homo sapiens all the way back to Australopithecus africanus. That's a fossil record that connects modern humans to species that aren't even in the same genus. I'd say that's pretty definitive.

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 08:42 AM
link   
This is in OP with mumbo jumbo

I will try to keep my post to the point. In my opinion, Evolution has no place in schools; however, science has no other way to explain how mankind is in its existence. So at the least, Evolution and Creation should be taught in schools. Hopefully my grammar and spelling isnt to bad.

Weird thing is that i GET his point.

BUT!

He needs to study and understand evolution and physics and whatever there is.

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 08:44 AM
link   
WOW!

Ok..... Lesson here.....

GOD IS NOT RELIGION OR RELIGIOUS. Can we repeat this over and over until it settles and people stop thinking "religion" when God is used in a sentence.

I love me some God, but am NOT RELIGIOUS nor do I belong to a religion butet over let me use his name in a sentence and people run with it yelling religion.

Glad I got that out. Geeez.... some people just don't get it. God is not religion! Get it? Got it!!!!

Like the Native Americans say... lol.... "You may come from a monkey.... but I don't."

For all the ones who want to believe their ancestors are monkeys.... go for it and have fun with it.

My ancestors are from spirit. They are human... not monkeys. I have no idea why I cannot see a monkey who looks like a man nor do I see any other "animal" becoming man. I don't see fish evolving out of the water. Nothing like that. lol No tigers evolving... ya know??? Any other mammals evolving today? lol They walking out of the water? I want to see an evolved monkey turning into a man. Oh.... wait.... thats already happened and not all evolved? Did they get "left behind"?

Teaching MY kids about how God made us is MY way and I thank God I didn't come from a monkey.

The story of evolution is so ridiculous it makes my head spin to think of how many "intelligent" people buy it. But hey... to each his own.

What does God have to do with science you ask?

He invented it, created it, and created everything YOU are able to perceive. So.... with that said, He is the master scientist.

To think outside of the box is to question every single thing the government taught you.

Remember.... God is not religion nor is he religious!!!!

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 08:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Deaf Alien

Maybe you missed my question on the previous page ?

Science being the study of observable phenomena has yet to produce a common ancestor where evolution is concerned.

Why ? And why does evolution seem to get a pass in that regard ?

MamaJ

Thank you !
edit on 12-10-2012 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 08:47 AM
link   
reply to post by MamaJ

THANK YOU!!!!

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 08:48 AM
link   

that clears it all up then.

just one point. why are there still monkeys? could they not be bothered evolving? too much trouble for them? preferred their hairy skin did they? didn't want a condo by the beach, rather have a tree? that's ok then.

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 08:50 AM
link   
reply to post by sweetooth

Why are you still repeating it?

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 08:50 AM
link   
Some of you people in this thread are as horrible as the average extremist muslim. I'm sorry, but it has to be said.

Instead of going berserk over a picture of Muhammad, you all immediately have to bring up concepts such as unicorns, the easter bunny, santa clause,... when someone questions your beliefs. You're on ATS, home of metaphysics, conspiracy theories and denying ignorance, it's not the atheist forum, nor is it the ball pit at McDonalds, so behave ffs.

Is it really, really, that hard to debate on something without sounding like a freaking 5 year old that got hold of the keyboard and is typing his favorite words? I don't agree that there was at one point in time a big man that resembles us, who pointed his magic stick at this planet and suddenly life happened, but that doesn't mean I can discard anything that has not been proven by science yet, as complete garbage, and put it on par with unicorns, santa clause,...

Seriously, get a grip, I know for most of you there is nothing wrong with this, but when one extremist muslim starts a riot, the rest of the bunch don't see anything wrong with it either. You people hold a certain belief and will support each other in it, which I understand completely, but when 5 or more people in a single thread find it an educated move to try and derail the thread continuously by bringing up ridiculous concepts that have nothing to do with the topic, AT ALL, I would think you people would start using some common sense, at least towards the idiots (I'm sorry) that keep resorting to this kind of childish-technique.

OT: Evolution is a THEORY and there are MANY of them, mainstream science and society has accepted one, for now, and in 5, 10, 20 years, we'll all be laughing at this one, and many will have moved on to the upgraded version. That's science for you.

BTW; When you trust science, but don't understand how it all works, you're pretty much in a religion just as well
The priests told you "this is how it all happened" and you nod your head in agreement, because without the "priest" explaining it to you, you wouldn't know jack sh*t, and you still don't know how plausible it all is, how it will, without a single doubt, all change in the future, etc. So please tell me, how does this differentiate you from the who simply believe another concept than you do, and one that happens to NOT change?

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 08:51 AM
link   
reply to post by MamaJ

BTW if i could star you i'd star you 1000 times. That was a good response.
edit on 10/12/2012 by Deaf Alien because: (no reason given)

link   

Originally posted by MamaJ
WOW!

Ok..... Lesson here.....

GOD IS NOT RELIGION OR RELIGIOUS. Can we repeat this over and over until it settles and people stop thinking "religion" when God is used in a sentence.

I love me some God, but am NOT RELIGIOUS nor do I belong to a religion butet over let me use his name in a sentence and people run with it yelling religion.

Glad I got that out. Geeez.... some people just don't get it. God is not religion! Get it? Got it!!!!

Like the Native Americans say... lol.... "You may come from a monkey.... but I don't."

For all the ones who want to believe their ancestors are monkeys.... go for it and have fun with it.

My ancestors are from spirit. They are human... not monkeys. I have no idea why I cannot see a monkey who looks like a man nor do I see any other "animal" becoming man. I don't see fish evolving out of the water. Nothing like that. lol No tigers evolving... ya know??? Any other mammals evolving today? lol They walking out of the water? I want to see an evolved monkey turning into a man. Oh.... wait.... thats already happened and not all evolved? Did they get "left behind"?

Teaching MY kids about how God made us is MY way and I thank God I didn't come from a monkey.

The story of evolution is so ridiculous it makes my head spin to think of how many "intelligent" people buy it. But hey... to each his own.

What does God have to do with science you ask?

He invented it, created it, and created everything YOU are able to perceive. So.... with that said, He is the master scientist.

To think outside of the box is to question every single thing the government taught you.

Remember.... God is not religion nor is he religious!!!!

Your ancestors are apes whether you choose to accept it or not. You share about 98% of your DNA with a chimp, fact. People say they didn't evolve from apes like it's shameful, we're animals too, and we have so much in common with them. Your ancestors did not come from "spirit", you are delusional.

Your whole post is full of typical creationist ignorance, you do not understand the concept of evolution at all.

By the way, a monkey is different from an ape, we are closest to chimps and bonobos.
edit on 12-10-2012 by SpearMint because: (no reason given)

link   

What about what the Hindus think? Why are you showing a picture with all these sciences yet the religion is one. Christians. hahahahahaha

Seriously?

Think you are from a monkey.... all you want..... for the rest of your days.

I was watching a show last night with the rest of my family and few friends. We LOAO when they began teaching that the reason why we jolt when we are asleep is because we get that falling feeling from being a monkey. Yep... we feel like we are falling out of a tree like we used to when we were monkeys.

"How the Earth was Made" I believe was the name of the show on the Discovery channel. We laughed our arses off when they were explaining it.

Seriously? We are falling because of the old days when we were hanging from the trees.

Like I said... think all ya want ......you came from a monkey.

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 08:52 AM
link   
reply to post by SpearMint

Wrong answer! lol

YOU came from a monkey... dont group me in with your twisted way of thinking.

Think for yourself.... and I will too.

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 08:55 AM
link   
reply to post by MamaJ

Look....

Science is observable

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join