It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Evolution - defies accepted science

page: 21
<< 18  19  20   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 10:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kluute
reply to post by milkyway12

Good read. Great thread.

Left me thinking...

If you continue thinking and actually bother checking up on the FACTS...well...you'll realise that his post is nonsense and based on a lack of knowledge

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 02:20 PM
link   
The cycle continues. Another creationist demonstrates they are completely scientifically illiterate and gets easily debunked. Shocker!

I am seriously at a loss of words when trying to understand why people attack a scientific theory without even reading the basics or learning where it all comes from first. Is it really that difficult to read a SINGLE wikipedia article on evolution or transitional fossils before blindly attacking something based on nothing but propaganda you read on some creationist website?

What I really wonder is who pays these people to post this nonsense. Nobody's buying it except the extremely gullible who believe anything that sounds emotionally appealing.
edit on 15-10-2012 by Barcs because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Barcs
The cycle continues. Another creationist demonstrates they are completely scientifically illiterate and gets easily debunked. Shocker!

I am seriously at a loss of words when trying to understand why people attack a scientific theory without even reading the basics or learning where it all comes from first. Is it really that difficult to read a SINGLE wikipedia article on evolution or transitional fossils before blindly attacking something based on nothing but propaganda you read on some creationist website?

What I really wonder is who pays these people to post this nonsense. Nobody's buying it except the extremely gullible who believe anything that sounds emotionally appealing.

It's the ignorance brigade

In the other thread we have people claiming morals come from the bible. And when you tell them there's A LOT of morally questionable stuff in there they simply say "lalala, not true...show me where, see, you can't prove it". You then go on to quote directly from the bible showing them where that bad stuff is, and they simply ignore it.

So not only do they attack science due to a lack in knowledge about the subject (or even willingness to learn), they also often don't get what they're believing in. And of course they get to vote...damn democracy

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 03:09 PM
link   

I'm not angry at the theory,or a god but the way this debate endlessly deteriorates into almost a battle of faiths where both sides seem so invested in their belief systems that attempt to find common ground seems like treachory !!!

I expect I seem more 'fed-up' with the Creationists,in general as I feel their argument mostly comes down to proving evolution wrong rather than proving whats right about their theory.I know it's unfair of me to demand evidence of the creator,proof that he even exists without reference to the bible as how can you produce proof of a god when religion is based on faith.You can't anymore than it's possible to prove god doesn't exist.but that's another circular arguement,lol.

If that second paragraph doesn't hit the nail on the head I don't know what does. You know why they have to take that approach, right? Because evolution is scientific theory. Because science can refer to physical data. We can see mutations, we can see life evolve.

When your argument is a "story" with one point of reference (the Bible) where the oldest of old Testament stories can never, ever be scientifically proven, it becomes a matter of politics. And what do politicians with a failed or flawed record do to their opponent? Attack them. Sometimes viciously.

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 04:12 PM
link   
reply to post by MrXYZ

Yep heard that argument quite a few times yet they ignore the information that many social species demonstrate a morale code within their groups and a quick google search will give many examples.

Social animals need a code whether they be human, ant or wolf.

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 08:20 AM
link   

I don't know about you, but I'm really tired of debunking the same poorly thought-out arguments over and over again. It's no fun at all anymore and you can only feel sorry for people who refuse to educate themselves in basic biological and evolutionary principles.

ETA: Let me rephrase that. I could almost feel sorry for them if they weren't so busy trying to shove their nonsense down our children's throats and using our tax dollars to do it.
edit on 10/16/2012 by HappyBunny because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 01:54 PM
link   
if we were desingned by a intellegent being why are we one of the weakest species on the planet and probaly the universe. puny humans

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by CrimsonMoon

If native Americans do not want to hear creation, then don't take it. I think students should have the opportunity to hear both sides. It shouldnt be forced, but simply give them an opportunity, if they want, to take the class.

With that logic shouldn't evolution be taught in church?

Oh...because "that's different'. Didn't you get the memo?

It's like how it's OK to teach that a being not of this earth "intelligently designed" humans as long as it's the judeo christian god...but it's not acceptable if that being who did the creating is a Thetan alien from scientology, Allah, or Satan.

You know...they just don't "want to be told what to believe"...they want just want to tell EVERYONE ELSE "what to believe".

It's totally different.

edit on 17-10-2012 by milominderbinder because: formatting

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by ihavenoaccount

Originally posted by JobeycoolA theory is never factual ever. Stop spining it your way.Evolution is a theory trying to explain sceince.Doe snot mean it is the least bit factual whatsoever.

Dude, theories can totally be factual.

Merriam-Webster definition:

Definition of THEORY
: the analysis of a set of facts in their relation to one another
: abstract thought : speculation
: the general or abstract principles of a body of fact, a science, or an art

www.merriam-webster.com...

Oh...there you go. Quoting the "liberal media" again.

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrXYZ

It's the ignorance brigade

In the other thread we have people claiming morals come from the bible. And when you tell them there's A LOT of morally questionable stuff in there they simply say "lalala, not true...show me where, see, you can't prove it". You then go on to quote directly from the bible showing them where that bad stuff is, and they simply ignore it.

So not only do they attack science due to a lack in knowledge about the subject (or even willingness to learn), they also often don't get what they're believing in. And of course they get to vote...damn democracy

No doubt. I just had a lengthy discussion with a guy who goes by "borntowatch" who simultaneously maintained that it was a mistranslation responsible for the 9 different times that the Hebrews talked about "unicorns" in the Bible...and then proceeded to argue that the Hebrews were really talking about a species of desert-dwelling rhinoceros that nobody has yet ever discovered. Never stopping to take into account that he had just gotten done stating that the Hebrews weren't really talking about "unicorns".

How can you possible reason with someone like that?

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by HappyBunny

I don't know about you, but I'm really tired of debunking the same poorly thought-out arguments over and over again. It's no fun at all anymore and you can only feel sorry for people who refuse to educate themselves in basic biological and evolutionary principles.

ETA: Let me rephrase that. I could almost feel sorry for them if they weren't so busy trying to shove their nonsense down our children's throats and using our tax dollars to do it.

OK...so how about this. Let's teach biblical creationism in public schools just like you want.

In fact, let's create an entire curriculum from K-12 in our children learn about what ALL of the major world religions have to say about things. I personally think this is desperately needed...it's pretty alarming to me that the average American can't cite the difference between a Shi'ite and Sunni beyond that they are "two different types of AAAYYY-RAAAHHBS"...even while we carpet bomb them under false pretenses.

So let's learn all about what the Bible says right in public schools. And we will also have a unit on what the Qu'ran says, and what Satan worshippers think about things too. We won't "preach" or advocate any specific view. We will just present all of the information so that the kids can make up their own minds. They will have a chance to read the Qu'ran and even pray to Allah if they choose to do so...just so they can make up their own minds. We will also describe how to hold a seance and the ceremonies that Wiccans hold. Maybe John Travolta and Tom Cruise will get together to make a fun video explaining why they ALSO believe that they were "intelligently designed"...by a race of space aliens called the Thetans.

That way you're side can be represented along with everyone else's and nobody can be accused of "shoving anything down ANYBODY'S throat".

Whaddya say?? Do we have a deal? We'll even let units 1 & 2 be christianity and judaism for you and we won't start talking about the Hare Krishnas until later in the year.

Sound good?
edit on 17-10-2012 by milominderbinder because: formatting

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by milominderbinder

OK...so how about this. Let's teach biblical creationism in public schools just like you want. In fact, let's create an entire curriculum from K-12 in our children learn about what ALL of the major world religions have to say about things. I personally think this is desperately needed...it's pretty alarming to me that the average American can't cite the difference between a Shi'ite and Sunni beyond that they are "two different types of AAAYYY-RAAAHHBS"...even while we carpet bomb them under false pretenses.

So let's learn all about what the Bible says right in public schools. And we will also have a unit on what the Qu'ran says, and what Satan worshippers think about things too. We won't "preach" or advocate any specific view. We will just present all of the information so that the kids can make up their own minds. They will have a chance to read the Qu'ran and even pray to Allah if they choose to do so...just so they can make up their own minds. We will also describe how to hold a seance and the ceremonies that Wiccans hold. Maybe John Travolta and Tom Cruise will get together to make a fun video explaining why they ALSO believe that they were "intelligently designed"...by a race of space aliens called the Thetans.

That way you're side can be represented along with everyone else's and nobody can be accused of "shoving anything down ANYBODY'S throat".

Whaddya say?? Do we have a deal? We'll even let units 1 & 2 be christianity and judaism for you and we won't start talking about the Hare Krishnas until later in the year.

Deal? Does that sound good to you?

What are you babbling about?

Creationism should not be taught in a high school biology class, period.

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Ooops. My bad. I'm not sure if I misread your post or replied to the wrong one. I didn't get much sleep on the airplane last night and now I'm stuck in an airport...again. Still. Whatever.

I think I went a little googley-eyed for a bit.

I thought you were saying that you WANTED Creationism to be taught in school.

Again...my bad. Wicked combo of sleep deprivation, jet lag, and extreme layover-boredom.

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 09:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by milominderbinder

Ooops. My bad. I'm not sure if I misread your post or replied to the wrong one. I didn't get much sleep on the airplane last night and now I'm stuck in an airport...again. Still. Whatever.

I think I went a little googley-eyed for a bit.

I thought you were saying that you WANTED Creationism to be taught in school.

Again...my bad. Wicked combo of sleep deprivation, jet lag, and extreme layover-boredom.

No problem, and have a cup of coffee on me.

edit on 10/18/2012 by HappyBunny because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 18  19  20   >>

join