It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Evolution - defies accepted science

page: 18
<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 11:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by kudegras
Why are people so stubborn. Does it have to be Black or White? Creation or evolution.?

Agreed! IMO the main reason that this is such a contentious topic is because many participants from both arguments deal solely in absolutes, whether they acknowledge this or not. I don't mean reconciling creation and evolution, mind. The fact of the matter is, "disproving" one doesn't prove the other, but it's attempted constantly.

Although I really wish for it, consequential factors such as health, education and environmental policy show that it would be naive to agree to disagree. If only it could be discussed without all the condescending aura that's liberally tacked on either viewpoint.

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 11:16 PM
link   
Evolution now has evolved into lying about evolution.People have evolved into lying about evolution being factualy 100% correct,when evolution clearly is about theories being thought up after they study science.

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 11:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Deaf Alien
reply to post by milkyway12

That's why we have comparative religion classes and that's why we have different churches and sunday schools.

You are correct. We ALL have a choice to "believe" one thing or other thing.

It is not fair for "Evolution" to be taught as fact, when it is isn't fact, but a theory.

I don't think you quite understand. It IS a theory.

The mechanisms that make things happen is a FACT.

Evolution is a theory that EXPLAIN those FACTS.

And no it isn't "forced" on the students.
edit on 10/12/2012 by Deaf Alien because: (no reason given)

edit on 10/12/2012 by Deaf Alien because: (no reason given)
A theory is never factual ever. Stop spining it your way.Evolution is a theory trying to explain sceince.Doe snot mean it is the least bit factual whatsoever.

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 11:22 PM
link   
reply to post by milkyway12

Which version of creation? I'm kinda partial to the Norse mythos where a cow licked salty ice blocks and freed the first man.....
edit on 12-10-2012 by Rastus3663 because: grammer

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 11:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by JobeycoolA theory is never factual ever. Stop spining it your way.Evolution is a theory trying to explain sceince.Doe snot mean it is the least bit factual whatsoever.

Dude, theories can totally be factual.

Merriam-Webster definition:

Definition of THEORY
: the analysis of a set of facts in their relation to one another
: abstract thought : speculation
: the general or abstract principles of a body of fact, a science, or an art

www.merriam-webster.com...

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 12:03 AM
link   
reply to post by ihavenoaccount

Thats the first problem, more than half of these creationist, dont have an idea of what they are arguing about.

You have bunch mixing up theories. Talk about evolution as origin. Think man came from monkeys(common ancestor). Some don;t even know what a scientific theory is... they go so much beyond to disprove Evolution, that they jump into without knowing what they want to disprove.

If you read this thread you can clearly see how everyone who supported evolution actually spend most of the time trying to tell the other faction that they are not even on the right subject. Can't have a discussion if one side don;t have a clue on what they discussing.

All they know is, evolution is evil and Satan is behind it! thus goes against god and thus we must disprove it.

edit on 10/13/2012 by luciddream because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 12:18 AM
link   
For creationism to be true you have to first of all accept that there is a creator,a god as without that simple acceptance it cannot work.

Also creationists not only argue from the god is simply a fact standpoint but they seem to have assumed that it's the christian god that's a simple fact,,not any other but the christian one.

Oh and that the bible is also the truth !!!

So seeing that creationism assumes this before the first argument is even made invalidates it as any potential theory to rival evolution which at least has so much supporting evidence on top of supporting evidence that it does at least warrant the title THEORY !!!

Creationists - PROOVE,,I mean actually proove the existense of your god first before building a theory of how life has reached it's current place based on a wholly unproven basis !!!

And saying that the bible says so doesn't amount to proof of anything accept that a man wrote the words he 'believed' came from a creator that spoke to either him or someone around his time,give or take a feww hundred years.

If you weigh up the fact that is was written 2000 years ago therefore has truth against the fact that people 2000 years ago had amazing minds to imagine but not a great deal of understanding how the natural world around them actually worked it could be said that their beliefs weren't exactly based on sound principles but open to a great deal of misunderstanding what they saw !!

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 12:25 AM
link   
Bravo!!

I agree, as you have made very strong, valid arguments.

Its later here, so I will have a longer response in the morning....I agree; evolution is illogical. Human creation is by design, bu not 'magical' design, as religious interpretation tries to assert.

Design from a higher ("more advanced") civilization- aka the Ancient Alien Theory

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 12:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by luciddream
reply to post by ihavenoaccount

All they know is, evolution is evil and Satan is behind it! thus goes against god and thus we must disprove it.

edit on 10/13/2012 by luciddream because: (no reason given)

I'm glad you ended with this.

The vast majority of those who agree with evolution do not tell creationists that they're worshippers of the Eldritch Abomination, rightfully condemning themselves to eternal torment. There's a significant number of atheists who believe in evolution that may mock creationists for their so-called fantastical beliefs of course.

But when it comes down to it, is it worse to cast someone as the idiot or the reprobate? Those who reject evolution in favour of creation (which is pointless anyway) usually have another agenda attached to their argument, being, 'You just don't want to deal with the consequences of a just Creator."

Be water, my friend. Pour yourself into a fish bowl so that you may curl up in a ball and die, free from the petty arguments that plague this thrice-damned rock we call a home.

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 12:43 AM
link   
Guess ill have to REASK my question:

Originally posted by Miccey
Soo...wow

What if we did(do) find, microbial lifeforms elsewere.
In our solarsystem or maybe outside...

Hypothetically thinking.
Did OUR god create them aswell or do they have their own?

OR:

Did they sprout from a form of EVOLUTION

HYPOTHETICALLY THINKING

Anyone......

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 12:45 AM
link   

Soo...wow

Hypothetically thinking.

OR:

HYPOTHETICALLY THINKING

Anyone......

evolution ≠ abiogenesis
Common misconception put forward by those who are uneducated on the subject and spend time gaining a superficial knowledge for argumentative purposes.

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 01:34 AM
link   
i can see why religous folk cant accept evolution as far as humanity goes.
but they cant possibly be against the theory in and of itself.

even modern humanity has observed subtle evolution of plants and animals over the last few centuries.
just because humanity is up for debate, dosnt mean evolution itself is all bunk. its important and should be taught.

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 03:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Superhans

Soo...wow

Hypothetically thinking.

OR:

HYPOTHETICALLY THINKING

Anyone......

evolution ≠ abiogenesis
Common misconception put forward by those who are uneducated on the subject and spend time gaining a superficial knowledge for argumentative purposes.

Was that an answer or am i forced to try to understand what you mean...

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 04:01 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 04:07 AM
link   

Soo...wow

Hypothetically thinking.

OR:

HYPOTHETICALLY THINKING

Anyone......

evolution ≠ abiogenesis

You have illustrated my point perfectly. Thank you

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 04:40 AM
link   

Soo...wow

Hypothetically thinking.

OR:

HYPOTHETICALLY THINKING

Anyone......

evolution ≠ abiogenesis

You have illustrated my point perfectly. Thank you

Sooo, any one else whanna have a go...
Cause this guy failed...

He opens his mouth but makes no sence...

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 04:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Miccey

He pointed out exactly why your question was invalided and how you mistakenly conflates abiogenesis with evolution yet you repeat the question. And you say he failed?
You have illustrated his point perfectly, those who attack evolution consistently show a complete and utter misunderstanding of the theory and scientific method in general. For a meanginful debate to happen, both sides must be informed, yet we see time and tme again that the creationist side are far from informed about evolution. Is it too much to ask for people to at least try and understand the scientific concepts they are so quick to attack?

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 05:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Superhans

I´ll swing one at you...

Abiogenesis: Life ARISES from inorganic matter...TRUE/FALSE?
What do you get in form of ORGANIC/LIVING matter?
How do YOU explain, MICROBIAL lifeforms journey from Organic matter...

I would say EVOLUTION....

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 05:08 AM
link   

reply to post by Superhans

I´ll swing one at you...

Abiogenesis: Life ARISES from inorganic matter...TRUE/FALSE?
What do you get in form of ORGANIC/LIVING matter?
How do YOU explain, MICROBIAL lifeforms journey from Organic matter...

I would say EVOLUTION....

You are confused my friend

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 05:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by ihavenoaccount
The fact of the matter is, "disproving" one doesn't prove the other, but it's attempted constantly.

well – if TOE is correct then there was no Adam & Eve and therefore no Fall and therefore no need for Jesus and therefore the whole of christianity fails

and I think this might be why TOE scares the bejesus out of Christians

new topics

top topics

<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join