It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Evolution - defies accepted science

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 09:18 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 09:19 AM
link   
reply to post by SpearMint

I'm sorry I'm not seeing the resemblance to chimps and gorillas.

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 09:20 AM
link   
reply to post by MamaJ

Actually Hindu religion accepts evolution, so many people think Abrahamic faith is the only faith. Eastern religions are more with the universe. Vishnu(preserver) went thru multiple avatar, starting with Fish > Tortoise > Boar > Man hybrid > Dwarf man > human.

The Hindu religion is the only one of the world's great faiths dedicated to the idea that the Cosmos itself undergoes an immense, indeed an infinite, number of deaths and rebirths. It is the only religion in which time scales correspond to those of modern scientific cosmology. Its cycles run from our ordinary day and night to a day and night of Brahma, 8.64 billion years long, longer than the age of the Earth or the Sun and about half the time since the Big Bang. - Carl sagan

Theory of Evolution states that we shared common ancestor, and monkeys would be our cousin, due to their environmental factors, they did not turn out to be humans and continue the path what let to their current figure(monkeys). Americans and Canadians came from England(majority), Americans are not Canadians and vice versa, their culture is different due to different environmental factors..

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 09:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by john_bmth

Originally posted by MamaJ

You don't want to get into a tongue lashing contest with me. I will win!

Ignorant people win arguments only because they're too ignorant to realise that they've lost. You have nothing. Nada. Zilch. Your ilk lost the "debate" over 150 years ago. People like you are anomalies, religious extremists who (thankfully) hold little sway and influence over the running of things. You are a dying breed, you bathe in your ignorance and mock concepts you have no understanding of because, well, that's what ignorant people do. You Christian extremists aren't so different from other religious extremists like the Taliban. Sure, the Taliban want to deny women the right to education but your extremist faction wants to deny everyone the right to education.

Thankfully, the way things are going, religious extremists such as yourself will be a historical curiosity of the modern world in generations to come. You lost the battle long ago, we're merely watching your extremist sects in it's death throws.

"People like you".... stop crying.

Ignorant people do not win arguments. Intelligent people who know how to use their words coupled with their knowledge.... can... and do.

Im not religious.... get over it already! Get ya facts right before you go talking to me. Fact is... I didn't come from a monkey.... you did.

Christian? Geeeeezzzz..... here we go AGAIN.

People who hate on Christians love to fly with something named God and run yelling christian or religious... or religion. Is your fear of religion holding you back from your true spirit and calling it a monkey? Ha! I think so.... get your facts straight before you reply.... it will make you seem less ignorant.

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 09:21 AM
link   
reply to post by sweetooth & post by MamaJ

First, humans didn't come from monkeys. We came from apes. Second, we're still apes. The genus Homo falls under the Great Ape family. Third, if you understood how evolution works you would know why there are still apes. A species environment is a large factor in how a species evolves. Not all species are subject to the same environment thus they will evolve differently. There's also the fact that when a new species emerges the old species doesn't suddenly end. While a few individuals may be birthing individuals of a new species others may be birthing individuals of the same species.

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 09:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by BlindBastards
The animals, humans, the earth and even the universe are a mere 6,000 years old... Yeah, because that’s logical and that makes sense... I suppose the Easter Bunny and Santa Claus are real too.

The Earth is countless years old according to scripture (millions if not billions).

It was re-created 6000 years ago by God in 6 days to be suitable for mankind to be placed upon it according to scripture.

If you want to debate genesis, starting with a more accurate translation will help lead to true understanding. However from your tone I do not think spiritual truth is your aim in this thread.

Great job OP!

God Bless,

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 09:22 AM
link   
reply to post by MamaJ

You have demonstrated your utter ignorance of science and evolution enough already in this thread, now you're trying to posit yourself as an informed and intelligent member of society? Please. If this is your idea of a "tongue lashing" then I'm embarrassed for you.

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 09:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by SpearMint

Originally posted by Deaf Alien
reply to post by MamaJ

Look....

Science is observable

Oh yeah..... with the eyes right? Are you not using a God given sense? There are other senses... ya know... just in case you lose that one you can fall back on others.

Science tells ME there is an Intelligence behind this creation we can sense. It doesnt make the case in MY reasoning for the human to have evolved from the jungle.

So.... for you.... science does not explain an intelligence behind the Universe we sense around us (yet)???

Ok.

You aint me. Im not you. So what. We have a difference in opinion.

And yours is based on a book about an invisible being that sees and knows everything and can create a man out of dust. The other side of the argument is based on observation and fact. The mind can make you hear, think, and "sense" anything you want. Science is the study of the world around us, not an opinion.

Observation and fact? Have you observed a monkey turning into a man? NO!

For #s sake. THIS is exactly what I'm talking about. You can't even begin to understand the ignorance of that statement.

Quit it... lol

You don't have to get all upset and say the f bomb. lol Get over it... please.

I do not have any relation to the ape, but if you show me a pic of ya.... you may. I just can't say for sure about you... all I know is who I am related to. My common cousins are human... all human.

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 09:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by randyvs

I can. The limbs, the breasts, the fingers and toes, the digestive system, the mating procedure, the lack of a tail but still the remains of a tail bone, the mouth and teeth, the genitals, the social behaviour, the muscle structures, the skull (and other bones), the brain, 98% of the DNA, facial expressions (particularly smiling).
edit on 12-10-2012 by SpearMint because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 09:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Deaf Alien
reply to post by MamaJ

Look....

Science is observable

Oh yeah..... with the eyes right? Are you not using a God given sense? There are other senses... ya know... just in case you lose that one you can fall back on others.

Science tells ME there is an Intelligence behind this creation we can sense. It doesnt make the case in MY reasoning for the human to have evolved from the jungle.

So.... for you.... science does not explain an intelligence behind the Universe we sense around us (yet)???

Ok.

You aint me. Im not you. So what. We have a difference in opinion.

And yours is based on a book about an invisible being that sees and knows everything and can create a man out of dust. The other side of the argument is based on observation and fact. The mind can make you hear, think, and "sense" anything you want. Science is the study of the world around us, not an opinion.

Observation and fact? Have you observed a monkey turning into a man? NO!

For #s sake. THIS is exactly what I'm talking about. You can't even begin to understand the ignorance of that statement.

Quit it... lol

You don't have to get all upset and say the f bomb. lol Get over it... please.

I do not have any relation to the ape, but if you show me a pic of ya.... you may. I just can't say for sure about you... all I know is who I am related to. My common cousins are human... all human.

And before that, ancestors of the chimpanzee and bonobo, whether you are educated or not the facts don't change.

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 09:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by john_bmth
reply to post by MamaJ

You have demonstrated your utter ignorance of science and evolution enough already in this thread, now you're trying to posit yourself as an informed and intelligent member of society? Please. If this is your idea of a "tongue lashing" then I'm embarrassed for you.

And.... you have to. Ignorance at its finest.

Keep believing every thing you read and you will be the perfect robot.

Dont be embarrassed for me.... it may show you have a heart and you definitely want to show your animal side... I know.

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 09:26 AM
link   

link   
reply to post by MamaJ

So your "tongue lashing" is a cruder version of the playground retort "I know you are but what am I?". What did I expect from a creationist?

link   

Originally posted by luciddream
reply to post by MamaJ

Actually Hindu religion accepts evolution, so many people think Abrahamic faith is the only faith. Eastern religions are more with the universe. Vishnu(preserver) went thru multiple avatar, starting with Fish > Tortoise > Boar > Man hybrid > Dwarf man > human.

The Hindu religion is the only one of the world's great faiths dedicated to the idea that the Cosmos itself undergoes an immense, indeed an infinite, number of deaths and rebirths. It is the only religion in which time scales correspond to those of modern scientific cosmology. Its cycles run from our ordinary day and night to a day and night of Brahma, 8.64 billion years long, longer than the age of the Earth or the Sun and about half the time since the Big Bang. - Carl sagan

Theory of Evolution states that we shared common ancestor, and monkeys would be our cousin, due to their environmental factors, they did not turn out to be humans and continue the path what let to their current figure(monkeys). Americans and Canadians came from England(majority), Americans are not Canadians and vice versa, their culture is different due to different environmental factors..

Some actually think we came out of the ocean..

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 09:27 AM
link   

why do you constantly keep bringing up the 98% of DNA rubbish? to be HUMAN you need 100% of HUMAN DNA. can you not grasp that? we also share a lot over 90% of bird DNA but i'm not capable of flying without the aid of a plane. asking an evolutionist to bring FACTS to the table is like asking australian to build an igloo. or anything for that matter...

(gotta get in the odd aussie joke here and there!)

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 09:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by boymonkey74
If we were designed by something intelligent why were we so badly designed?
2nd....

You can PM me if you are genuinely interested in this answer, the purpose of the physical age and the creation of mankind as mortal is a beautiful and awesome purpose, to those with the spirit of humility willing to learn/admit they are wrong, and honestly seek the truth of God.

It would appear however you were stating this as a "trick question" or an attempt to raise a question you seem to think paints mankind as a flawed creation (which we are for a great purpose), in reference to a perfect Creator.

God Bless,

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 09:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by luciddream
reply to post by MamaJ

Some actually think we came out of the ocean..

We did, long, long before we were primates. But there's no point even thinking about that until you start to understand what evolution actually is, and you clearly do not.

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 09:29 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 09:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by sweetooth

why do you constantly keep bringing up the 98% of DNA rubbish? to be HUMAN you need 100% of HUMAN DNA. can you not grasp that? we also share a lot over 90% of bird DNA but i'm not capable of flying without the aid of a plane. asking an evolutionist to bring FACTS to the table is like asking australian to build an igloo. or anything for that matter...

(gotta get in the odd aussie joke here and there!)

What? Yeah to be human you need 100% human DNA. My point is we're very closely related, not sure what yours is.

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 09:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by randyvs

I can. The limbs, the breasts, the fingers and toes, the digestive system, the mating procedure, the lack of a tail but still the remains of a tail bone, the mouth and teeth, the genitals, the social behaviour, the muscle structures, the skull (and other bones), the brain, 98% of the DNA, facial expressions (particularly smiling).
edit on 12-10-2012 by SpearMint because: (no reason given)

Yea, i can see that too...
BUT, i dont see any resemblance to a African Woman...
Wonder why....

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join