It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

4 Questions about ATS

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 01:22 AM
link   
1. What is the flag button for? What does it do exactly?
2. On the side, where it has a members statistics EX: P, F, S. What is the K and W for? I'm assuming the W is the post ratio.
3. Is there any type of reply feature? Like, when someone replies to my post, will I be notified in any way? Or will I have to constantly look back at that thread to see?
4. What is the subscribe button for? I mean, I understand it adds it to my subscribed threads, but what is that exactly? Just a quick way to get to the threads? Like a favorites area?

Sorry for the nooby questions, i've had this account for a year, but only used it for a little when I made the account, I am rather active now and am curious about those things. Might have more questions if I think of more, I'm sure I had more, just can't remember at this moment.

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 02:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by TehSlenderMan

1. What is the flag button for? What does it do exactly?

The Flag button is for you as a reader to mark a thread you feel is important or delivers information that you feel should be seen. Generally speaking, the higher the flag number the better the thread. This is the way it is supposed to work but sometimes the jokes and trollish threads get more than the important ones and unfortunately good information fades off into the archives of ATS.

2. On the side, where it has a members statistics EX: P, F, S. What is the K and W for? I'm assuming the W is the post ratio.

P= How many posts you have made.
    F= How many flags you have received for threads you author.
    S= How many stars members have given you
    K= Karma ((stars * 15) + (flags + applause) * 10)) / posts
    W= WATS (number of posts ÷ 600) + (number of flags ÷ 80) + (number of stars ÷ 170)

3. Is there any type of reply feature? Like, when someone replies to my post, will I be notified in any way? Or will I have to constantly look back at that thread to see?

Along the bottom is the ribbon that disappears after 10 seconds when you open the page. On that ribbon is a "messages" tab. This will take you to your inbox by default. Along the top of the left side of the box you will see "inbox" "replies" "outbox" and "saved" If you click the "replies" tab it will take you to every reply someone has made to you accept if you authored a thread and they replied to the thread and not you personally.

4. What is the subscribe button for? I mean, I understand it adds it to my subscribed threads, but what is that exactly? Just a quick way to get to the threads? Like a favorites area?

On your "myATS" the right column is your subscribed threads. If you post in a thread it auto subscribes you and adds it to this column You can manually subscribe to a thread without posting using this button. Your favorites area is the left column. Just play around with it to set it the way you want. If you choose to add a forum to your favorites go to its main page by way of the "Forums" page. In the left top corner you will see "add to favorites" this will add that entire forum to the left column on your "myATS" page.

Sorry for the nooby questions, i've had this account for a year, but only used it for a little when I made the account, I am rather active now and am curious about those things. Might have more questions if I think of more, I'm sure I had more, just can't remember at this moment.

No Problem, just remember at the top of each page with a nav bar on it the second one in on the right side is the "search" feature that allows you to find information.

A belated Welcome to the Family hope to see you around.

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 02:28 AM
link   
Thank you very much! Much thanks for the detailed explanations as well!

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 02:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Agarta

On your "myATS" the right column is your subscribed threads. If you post in a thread it auto subscribes you and adds it to this column You can manually subscribe to a thread without posting using this button. Your favorites area is the left column. Just play around with it to set it the way you want. If you choose to add a forum to your favorites go to its main page by way of the "Forums" page. In the left top corner you will see "add to favorites" this will add that entire forum to the left column on your "myATS" page.

Thank You

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 02:42 AM
link   
reply to post by TehSlenderMan

reply to post by MidnightSunshine

You are very welcome. It takes some time to learn all the ins and outs of the site.

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 07:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Agarta

Nicely done

Take a bow..

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 03:30 AM
link   
as long as we're asking noob questions, how do you flag a thread, or can you only do that after you hit the 20 posts?

I tried marking favorite and re loaded the thread i was viewing, but the number didnt go up

posted on Oct, 22 2013 @ 06:44 PM
link   
reply to post by RebelSoldier

I have the same comment too. For some reason I can't seem to flag either. Is it because I haven't reached the 20?

new topics

top topics

join