It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chinook helicopter continually flying over my house (VIDEO)

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 02:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Swing80s
From the bottom, you can see the lights, in the front and in the back, which shows you the size and shape of the Copter.

It is easy to guess from that shape, it is most probably a Chinook.

But now, what were they doing? lol

edit on 12-10-2012 by NaeBabii because: wow, it's late, can't type. Good Luck & Goodnight.

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 02:50 AM
link   

Could have been any number of things?

A shooter in the woods.

The Ruskies setting up camp in the woods?

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 02:52 AM
link   
reply to post by NaeBabii

LoL thanks Nae I'm asking myself the same thing. Some years back a couple kids fell behind the houses down the cayon into the river but there were no helicopters. It was hovering over a REALLY BIG park behind my neighborhood near a river that goes by our houses and the park.

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 02:57 AM
link   
There used to be a huge forest behind my house until like 10 years ago when they built another neighborhood. Now there's only a small strip of forest between the new neighborhood and the park. Scary thing is that it's too steep to get up into from the park and there's only one small way to get into what's left of the woods that goes through the side of somebodies house but there's still a small tent town of hobos there. When I was younger we used to go back there to um take in the fresh air LoL with the other neighborhood kids and you would see some hobos in tents and the odd teenager walking around there. Plus there's an old car there. Don't know how it got there considering the path between the trees is way too narrow.

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 02:57 AM
link   
While reading up on Chinooks, I foudn this list. But I just don't think they would be doing any of these SO LATE at night...?

Setting rural electrical transmission poles

Rural cell towers

There were lots others, but they were similar to moving supplies. And you aren't going to circle for thirty minutes moving supplied, or transporting.

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 02:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Swing80s
There used to be a huge forest behind my house until like 10 years ago when they built another neighborhood. Now there's only a small strip of forest between the new neighborhood and the park. Scary thing is that it's too steep to get up into from the park and there's only one small way to get into what's left of the woods that goes through the side of somebodies house but there's still a small tent town of hobos there. When I was younger we used to go back there to um take in the fresh air LoL with the other neighborhood kids and you would see some hobos in tents and the odd teenager walking around there. Plus there's an old car there. Don't know how it got there considering the path between the trees is way too narrow.

This seems like a large craft to be scanning for plants in the woods, but it made me think...

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 02:59 AM
link   
On the other side of the river is a nature park and it looks beautiful you can see nothing but forest and hills and then Mt. Ranier in the background if you look from our side of the river. Kinda scary though seeing how the trees go on and on forever...

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 03:03 AM
link   
reply to post by NaeBabii

Well it's crazy because here in WA in the sea of forests sometimes the only path that cuts through them are cellphone towers and electric lines. Some people say Sasquatch use those as highways. But I think sasquatch is furth south by Mt. St. Helens lol you should check out Ape Canyon and Ape Caves for some interesting reading.

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 06:39 AM
link   
reply to post by thehoneycomb

Yeah, right outside of Olympia.

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 07:03 AM
link   
I made a post on another thread about seeing two chinook helicopters fly over my house. Here is the link to my post.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 07:28 AM
link   
As an emergency professional I had the pleasure of having one chinook on a scene. It was a former Marine that was suicidal & had both a gun and several medals for sharpshooting. He had slipped off into a small canyon and was hiding....no one was going after him at night on the ground.

Then from below the mesa we were standing on, the loudest and biggest helicopter I had ever seen. Made my heart both leap with joy and tremble with fear. It had come from the local air force base and had all the weapon mounts and a Gatling gun on each side.

The subject was found in infrared. He was deceased.

We have an air strip in my town that has the title "international" in it's name. Honestly it's one step up from a dirt runway, but you can throw a rock and hit Mexico from your yard here.

"there is a resident in town that owns the chinook at the airport", they say. No one seems to know who the man is, buuuuut he flies around at any time of the day or night. So he is obviously a rich and risky man.**sarcasm**

Two possiblities for you. I'm sure there are more. But in terms of night flying for pleasure...especially in a circle that can scatter helpful air pressure--???? Who knows?

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 07:33 AM
link   
I'm so glad I read this thread. It makes a change from the UFO threads, nice to see a UFH (unidentified flying helicopter) for a change. I say the video's a hoax, we all know that there are no such thing as chinooks.

Excuse my sarcasm. to give some constructive feedback; don't worry about it. Choppers will fly and noise they will make.

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 10:32 AM
link   

I get that all time, Chinhooks, Merlin helicopters, Apache sometimes two Apaches, they drive me mad, and i live in the UK.
I have written to my local Member of Parliament with my concerns but the answer i got back was a load Flannel. (Hogwash). If one came down there would a lot of people killed they fly so low.
I wish someone would tall me how to post my Avatar up, and to post pictures?
edit on 12-10-2012 by Ferryman because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 10:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Ferryman

Hi Ferryman
This Thread should help you with your avatar.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

As for the pictures you need to click the tools button above.. then click ATS uploads.
Click select image file, find your file.. then when its done click it.... scroll down and choose one of the formats below the picture. then copy and paste it in the thread of your choice.

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 10:56 AM
link   
I used to be 82nd Airborne, Chinooks are way to expensive for civilian or police use only military. We are talking 18-25 million dollars each.

Hell they can even dump the payload if one of the engines fail that means troops, tanks whatever is in the cargo hold. They can still fly with one engine but not with the extra weight of cargo.

Incredable peice of equipment when they land near you it is like a sandstorm or tornado and the ground shakes. All the military bases I ve ever seen were on sand you cant watch them land without protection or you will get sandblasted raw.

Probably just a training mission. When I used to jump the army had to get the air force to fly us up. Allways a fuster cluck. Maybe it was just some clearence issue for the chopper.

Peace

edit on 12-10-2012 by lunchmanstan because: cause I said so

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 11:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Keron

Thank you Keron

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by thehoneycomb

Ive never heard of a civilian chinook. So it's definitely military.

en.wikipedia.org...

Its primary roles include troop movement, artillery emplacement and battlefield resupply.

For the record, I grew up near 3 military bases. But a few months ago I saw one flying over Houston. It was the first time in my life I ever remember seeing a chinook (outside of the movies)

So I posted a thread and got made fun of, like oh we see those flying all the time.

How is it that I grew up near a one army base and two air force bases and never saw one?

Then somehow seeing one fly over the city is a common occurence?

Sorry dude, I've seen loads of chinooks fly over, It's not a common sight but it is not completely unusual either.

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Blackhawks have been making late-night rounds two to three times a week for roughly one month now throughout the area where I live; and I live in out in the open in near-nowhere, Kansas.

There is a Nat'l Guard aviation unit located about an hour from where I live--could be them. Could be aviation assets out of Fort Riley, Kansas as well. I dunno. But I agree that the rumbling can become annoying very fast. I've not gone out yet to observe the flybys, but it's obvious to me that some of those jokers are flying nap-of-the-earth throughout the rural countryside of my county.

Not exactly what I had in mind when I moved to BFE, Kansas.

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 04:13 PM
link   
Well I wish I could post the whole video. If anybody has a youtube account I'll send the video to them to post. It was 40 minutes of a chinook going in circles. It's hard to tell from pics of the video but in the video like I said before you see both props illuminated by the light. I just don't know what they were doing by suburbia/park/river...

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 04:35 PM
link   
Are you sure it wasn't one of these?

Boeing Vertol CH-46 Sea Knight

There is a civilian version of this aircraft.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join