It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chinook helicopter continually flying over my house (VIDEO)

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 01:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Swing80s

I have an idea. Why dont you download the police scanner from the apple store and listen into a few different channels and see if you pick anything up?

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 01:54 AM
link   
Oh I didn't even think of that! Even Androids ( from Google Playstore) have a ton of scanners. If it left, may b too late, but if it comes back at least you will have the APP.

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 02:09 AM
link   
police scanner app? Okay I got the pics but I wish you guys could see the video. Just gunna take me a few more minutes but in my last pic you can clearly see it's a Chinook but you dunno if it's military or civilian?

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 02:13 AM
link   
Yeah, go to your Playstore or Apple Store and search for the app. There are tons of free ones, too. You can choose your location and get your local frequency.

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 02:25 AM
link   

Ive never heard of a civilian chinook. So it's definitely military.

en.wikipedia.org...

Its primary roles include troop movement, artillery emplacement and battlefield resupply.

For the record, I grew up near 3 military bases. But a few months ago I saw one flying over Houston. It was the first time in my life I ever remember seeing a chinook (outside of the movies)

So I posted a thread and got made fun of, like oh we see those flying all the time.

How is it that I grew up near a one army base and two air force bases and never saw one?

Then somehow seeing one fly over the city is a common occurence?

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 02:26 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 02:28 AM
link   
okay well I have links to my pics I guess I can just post them since they won't post here...

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 02:29 AM
link   

Here you go.

Look at the code, use the pic tags.
edit on 12-10-2012 by thehoneycomb because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 02:30 AM
link   
In the last one you can clearly make out a chinook.

I was told to edit out the links to my ats pics until I moved them to external sorry guys it'll be a few more minutes sorry I took em back down
edit on 12-10-2012 by Swing80s because: for privacy somebody told me to move em

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 02:35 AM
link   
Hey were you able to get rid of my internal links? I was told I shouldn't have done what I did.

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 02:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by NaeBabii
Yeah, go to your Playstore or Apple Store and search for the app. There are tons of free ones, too. You can choose your location and get your local frequency.
Totally true that.In fact many and free.Can even scan while surfing web,lol.

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 02:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Swing80s
In the last one you can clearly make out a chinook.

No, you cannot make anything out in any of those pictures.

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 02:40 AM
link   

You can look at my post by pressing the quote button to see what I did.

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 02:40 AM
link   
The phones just don't have the zoom capabilities for these long range sightings.Just blurry lights...

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 02:41 AM
link   
Look at the lights. If you know what the body of a chinook looks like it's easy to make out. In the video the lights illuminate the double blades. Sorry I messaged small pics I could message bigger pics and go through my video again and again and again it's literally a chinook going in circles for 5 minutes on video. Just an hour ago it was doing it for 30-40 minutes.

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 02:43 AM
link   
I can't make anything out, really, but it does appear to a Chinook.

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 02:45 AM
link   

You'll have to upload your video to a video hosting server like YouTube, ATS has one too, but Ive never used it.

Take your time.

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 02:45 AM
link   
Honeycomb I could try and take a bigger and better pic and send you the link after I upload if you wanna post it. I'm getting exhausted lol. It's nothing hard to believe it was a chinook. I know that for a fact. There are no other dual prop helis I know of that I've seen before. Sorry the pics are small. I've been trying to get this damn video or pics of it posted since it was annoying me and freakin out my cat in the middle of the washington debates.

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 02:47 AM
link   

No worries.

Come to think of it, theres an app called dropbox you can get free and upload your videos there.

Thats probably the easiest way and you wont have to edit it shorter.

Take your time.

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 02:47 AM
link   
Now back to the question. I only heard some sirens for a little bit and those could have been unrelated. What do you guys think they were looking for? And this is just a guess but I doubt it was civilian because the lights would have illuminated a non-cammied vehicle.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join