It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My First UFO Sighting...

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 12:21 AM
link   
This was over 15 years ago, but I still remember it so vividly. I will try to put into words, the night that changed my life.

I can't remember exactly how old I was, I believe I was 9 or 10 years old. I shared a room with my sister and slept on the top bunk.

I was suddenly awoken one night, for no apparent reason. I don't remember being "woken" up, I just remember waking up and staring towards the window. You know how mini-blinds, or window coverings, have the string that pull them up, and the strings that run through them, are weaved through the tiny holes down the length of the blinds? I was staring at one of the holes there.

I remember from the time I opened my eyes, there was a bright light, only visible through the tiny hole. I lied there for what felt like forever, waiting on it to move. I have no idea how long I lay there staring. I first remember assuming it was a plane, but it never moved. I wondered if I was dreaming, because I was felt almost compelled to continue to stare.

I knew this was the brightest star I had ever seen, since it still had not moved from it's original spot. This finally prompted me to get out of the bed to get a better look.

I opened the blinds and my eyes went straight to the bright object. Still stationary, a bright "star like" object floated there.

I stared in amazed bewilderment. I remember being almost transfixed while just "watching" whatever it was I was seeing.

I watched it, for what must have been 15 more minutes, before it finally shot straight up and off to the right. Puzzled, I closed the window and got back in the bed.

The next morning at breakfast, I told my mom and stepfather about the "Backwards, shooting star" I had seen late last night. I told them of how I got out of bed, and how it disappeared by shooting up and over, but I knew it wasn't a plane or a star.

At first I don't think they were even paying much attention to what I was saying. They were brushing it off, as probably a plane, or a blimp. I couldn't get the image out of my head. I was not a star watcher, or a wanna-be astronomer, but something felt different and I wanted to know what could move as such or be that beautiful in the sky?

It is important to remember, by this age, I had not heard of UFO's, or Aliens, or anything of the such and had no idea what I had seen the night before.

I went to my room to draw a picture so that I could show to stepfather.

I sat drawing a number of images, but couldn't depict the shape. To this day, I cannot name the shape. I can only describe it, and I certainly can't figure out how to draw it. I know with utmost certainty, that it was BRIGHT white, with one red light in the center-top. No light blinked, or flashed. It just shined, in place, before moving upwards and outwards.

It was not discus shaped, nor was it the shape of a triangle. I don't know if it changed shapes, or was a combined shape. I have also wondered if the brightness of the light blurred the shape.

When I brought the picture to my stepfather, he asked me was this what I had seen the night before? Asked me to re tell me how it moved?

When he left for work that day, he took my pictures to show a friend of his from work. When he returned home, his friend accompanied him.

They sat me down and asked me a million questions... I felt so bombarded, interrogated and a little intimidated. The questions were questions like "What did you see? What did you hear? What did watch on TV that night? That week? Any new movies? Read any stories?" They went on and on.

Finally the question, "Do you know what an Alien is?" was asked. I had no clue what aliens were. I was showed a picture of an alien, a picture of a UFO and asked had I seen these before? I hadn't. The UFO looked nothing like what I saw.

After the conversation was finished, they were certain I had seen a UFO. They then mentioned Art Bell. Told me to keep watching, and to always listen.

I became obsessed with watching the skies.

My stepfather killed himself a year or so later. My mother was not someone I could talk to UFO's about. So, I relied on listening to Art Bell as much as I could. It was my only connection to a world I knew nothing about.

15 years or more later, I still to this day have not seen another object like the one I saw that night. I watch, I listen, I observe, but nothing. I found a strange obsession in things abnormal, weird, or conspiracy related.

Several thoughts have passed through my mind when I start thinking back to that night:
1) Why did I not grab a camera?
I believe at 9 or 10, we did have a disposable camera laying around, I am pretty sure we were not allowed to go grabbing it late at night, I wasn't even supposed to be out of bed. But more than that, I don't think I could have taken my eyes off of it, even if I wanted to. I wasn't in shock, I was just... amazed.

2) How close/high/far was it?
I am not sure at all, maybe right above tree line, or power lines, maybe a little higher, but significantly lower than a plane would be.

3) Could it have been a plane? Blimp? Weather balloon?
No. It stayed stationary, long enough for me to realize something was off, for me to get up and watch it for a bit. It then went straight up into the air and zipped off to the right, disappearing. Stars fall down, planes fly straight, blimps are larger, moving objects.

4) Why/what/how was I suddenly "awoken"?
Again, I have no idea. I don't remember if I woke up, my eyes drifted off to the blinds and then I noticed it, or if when my eyes opened I was already looking at the light through the blind hole.

Anyway, so that's my story. Told to select few who know me in real life. I think I have been scared to tell friends, for fear of mockery. UFO's are not as openly accepted as one would think.

I find comfort in the fact I can share this with ATS members to not be mocked, (albeit, I am sure I may get trolled....)

If you have any input, I would love to hear from you!

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 12:37 AM
link   
reply to post by NaeBabii

Wow - very cool and somewhat detailed story for 15 years ago there friend. Did you by chance retain those first pics you drew? - if not can you redraw them now to the best of your ability then scan/post here. Even though the shape was not discernable - throw a few shapes overlaid

The little interview by your old man and his mate adds spice to the story as well.

I have no doubt that what you saw was real and unique.

S&F - love these x-file type stories and childrens testimony is often better than adults.

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 12:43 AM
link   
Thanks for sharing your story!
What I find most interesting about accounts like these are the repeated element of the observer being "compelled" to look up at the sky without any reason. It never seems to be some supernatural, inescapable force or anything, but it's so often that people see these things because they just felt like looking up.

Very intriguing.

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 12:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Sublimecraft

Even if it was 15 years ago, it feels as if it could have happened months ago.

That night is so fresh in my mind, as I am sure because of the impact it had on me. It ultimately changed the way I viewed the sky, as well as introducing me to another world I never knew existed. Not only did I learn of Aliens and UFO's, but through Art Bell, I learned to love Time Travel, Space and even helped me to pay attention to classes I previously hated.

My stepdad's friend was really into UFO's and Aliens, and while I remember feeling very uncomfortable, there was something very different about him.

My stepdad took the drawings to work that day, and I think his friend must have kept them. I had tons of different drawings through out the year, moving lots of times, losing them each time. Even as I have recently tried, I get so frustrated with drawing the shape. I am no artist, and my object turns out looking like a circle with a lighted triangle overlapping and that is not exactly what it looked like.

I will definitely try again tomorrow. I have plenty of quite time at work, where I may be able to get a VERY ROUGH draft for you.

reply to post by Damsel
Yeah, it wasn't forcing me to continue to look.. I can only describe it as being "astonished". I just couldn't stop staring at it.
edit on 12-10-2012 by NaeBabii because: added 2nd reply to keep from double posting.

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 03:20 AM
link   

Interesting memories there

So, you were compelled to look at the object as many others have reported being compelled to watch their encounters. It's probably the being(s) in the craft that wanted to make sure you had this experience. Add to that the fact you had yet to be exposed to the idea of aliens or their craft before then made you unlikely to simply imagine an alien like UFO. So basically, you saw what you saw and the being(s) did this in a way that it could not be denied as being reality in your perspective. The occupancy (being(s)) of the craft are probably involved with you in some shape or form. So, basically you have a star family/friendship. Perhaps this isn't the only memory of this kind your mind contains and they will allow you to remember more when the time comes.

Don't worry you certainly aren't the only one with such memories and some are even more vivid and involved than your memories, like mine. I remember two separate memories that seemed rather out of place. The first was of what can be described as a while/pale skinned "grey" being with big beautiful blue eyes looking back to me as I was in someone's arms and guess what I remember thinking during that exact moment.... "Mommy.... don't go!" The reason I was thinking "don't go" was that she was about to get in an opened sphere shaped pod/craft with obvious control devices and a breathing apparatus. Like yours this memory was well before I was exposed to the idea of aliens and UFO's. The second was of a memory of me in one of those larger inflatable pools and I was eye-locked with what seemed to be a VERY attractive female in a formal-like dress with an insignia of a serpent in a triangle. The funny thing is that I don't know why my mind thinks she is the most attractive women I have ever seen. Whenever I see a woman with her distinct features on this planet it tends to have a deep psychological effect on me which attracts me to such women. The more of the her features the woman has the more I am effected. So basically, whoever or whatever that woman is defined what I find attractive in terms of the physical features of a woman. I sometimes think she was a wife or something in my last life and that she wanted me to remember her and be attracted to her so that they next time I saw her I would be like "putty in her hands".

Oh, almost forgot... sorry about your dad. Hopefully the whole UFO wasn't a significant factor in that situation.

Anyways, have a good day/night ^_^
edit on 12-10-2012 by Elzon1 because: (no reason given)

edit on 12-10-2012 by Elzon1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 06:01 PM
link   

Great post!

I have never told anyone of my first UFO sighting. I think I am saving it for Bill Barnes.

I will say that, while watching a special edition of “Chiller”, I discovered flying saucers were supposed to be real. I was 9 years old.

At 10 I had my first sighting. For a year or more I slept completely covered, with only a small opening in the covers to allow me to breathe. My family always wondered why.

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 09:17 PM
link   
Thanks for sharing your experience with us. There have been many, many reports made over the years of observations just like this. People used to (sometimes) report what they saw to the Air Force, or to the police, or to a civilian organization who made it their business to collect reports of this kind. It's likely that most of these incidents, however, have gone unreported. As you point out, claims like this are often not taken seriously, and most people do not want to risk being perceived as foolish or odd by those around them. Sometimes people will tell a close friend or family member, but not always. I wonder how often something like this happens and the experience is never spoken of at all.

Regarding the specifics of your sighting, there are countless reports on the books in which a hovering object is said to depart extremely suddenly and rapidly, often at a steep angle. For close to three-quarters of a century, regular people all over the world have reported seeing this exact maneuver performed by unidentified objects or lights in the sky. I find that fact very interesting.

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 11:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Elzon1
Thanks. I don't think it was, but I have m own theories about that as well. That's goes too deep for me to even begin to explain in a single post, and a theory I hold very sacred.

reply to post by spiritualarchitect
I had no idea what it was, I just knew I wanted to know WHAT it was so I could see more of whatever it was.

So, maybe being between 9-10 (Could be a wider range, as well) is an age that they feel comfortable presenting themselves to. OR it is a more watchful, curious age?

reply to post by Orkojoker
I am sure it happens too often. Like I mentioned, I hardly have spoken of it to anyone.

The way in which it departed was definitely something I had NEVER seen, and STILL haven't seen again.

But there are also so many different types reported. Do you think there are more than one shape? Or some people try to depict the shape, and it is taken for "truth" when shown to everyone else? I don't know, but this is the main part that always bothers me.

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 11:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by NaeBabii

But there are also so many different types reported. Do you think there are more than one shape? Or some people try to depict the shape, and it is taken for "truth" when shown to everyone else? I don't know, but this is the main part that always bothers me.

The reported appearances of these things do cover quite a range of shapes and sizes, from spheres and flattened disks and footballs to cylinders and triangles and boomerangs. All of these varieties have been reported many times, sometimes at very close range. Whatever the shape, the objects tend to be symmetrical, and all of these varieties have been reported to accelerate like nobody's business. They often are described as either bearing lights or being themselves luminescent, but not always. Frequently, they are said to appear metallic.

All of these characteristics have been reported over and over, and over...and over. When you look at enough of these reports, patterns begin to become evident, even in the language used to describe the objects. You don't have a lot of people saying they saw, for instance, a flying saucer, but you have people time and time again describing what they saw as looking "like two saucers put together with the top one inverted on the bottom one", or "like two bowls with one upside-down on the other", or "like two plates glued together at the lip".

One of the things you find most frequently stated - invariably at the end of the report - is something like, "...and then it took off at an unbelievable (or incredible, or tremendous, or fantastic) speed and was gone in two or three seconds".

It's always interesting to hear new first-hand accounts that are rather incredible and yet so similar to so many others.

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 12:28 AM
link   

Oh, wow! Thank you for that video!

You are correct, no matter how many times they are reported, they have A LOT of similarities. This is very intriguing.

I have heard a few accounts from others, but after I came to terms with what I saw and what it was assumed to be, I just presumed them real and started listening, reading and watching about encounters.

I have been pondering on something lately. After hearing a talk show centered around encounters, many of them reported similar appearances of the beings. While listening to another show focused on the Moon Landing, I started wondering... if we wore suits to the moon, then would it possible the beings would be wearing some type of suit when interacting with Earth? Do you have any thoughts on this?

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 11:35 AM
link   

I do not think they were presenting themselves to me. Being about half a mile away, they probably did not even see me. But when you are 10 that is about all you can think of in the moment. If I saw them they must have seen me. If they see me they are going to come get me.

Or so I thought. For years I had dreams about flying saucers but I do not think they ever came after me. I blocked it out for years and still have never told anyone. Even a few years ago, while talking about UFO’s, I had the chance to ask my Dad about it and could not do it. And he was there.

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Cool well wrote detailed description of your event/sighting(wish i could put my sightings into words like you)
cant wait to read your other sightings as it sounds like you have had a few,some i cant find the words to describe
And i get the urge to just keep looking at what ever it is im looking at.So im with you on that one.

ps
your signature is one of my fav sayings keep your eyes on the skies love it

WOW

s+f
pps someone will be along and say the words i hate the most ,pics or it didnt happen ,just ignore them

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 12:00 PM
link   

The reports from the Roswell crash eye witnesses said that the pilots were wearing outfits that seemed to have them attached to their seats, like they were webbed in place. These outfits led to the creation of Kevlar. Zamora, the Hills, and many others also claim they wear flight suits.

And there is “Skinny Bob”.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 12:06 PM
link   
reply to post by maryhinge

The saying: "pics or it didnt happen" would mean that most everything in history never happened.

Of course by saying that they are saying flying saucers are real.
Because we have pics of them.

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 12:06 PM
link   

There you go im not sure about this one thou
but you never know

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 12:10 PM
link   

This is one of mine
we all saw what we thought to be a white tube shaped object with a row of windows along the side which stayed in our windscreen view at a fixed position (no matter how fast or slow we travelled it just stayed the same size)
to my right side higher up than said object were two jets that were always flying by one bigger than the other.
so somebody must have seen this object as i had my arm out the window franticly pointing at it to make others aware of this craft, there were not any visible lighs fashing it just looked fixed to us.
my family consists of wife 35ys eldest lad of 10ys and twins of 7ys boy/girl non identical,
anyway at 2pm ish while on the beach my lads shouted to me that it was over our heads i could see it to so i looked for the two jets and yes they were also in the sky to the far right again and when i looked back to the object it had gone and then at 3.50pm on our way home the wife and kids could see it again but this time i could not very strange and scared my kids totally freaked us out . we have no proof as we did not take any photos which i find strange but i do have a friend who can get us some radar info so fingers crossed
and maybe someone did get some photos or video evidence

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 12:21 PM
link   
Interesting tale. I have a couple of friends who have told me in their earlier years they saw a light outside their window, usually whilst minding their own business and saw it shoot off, only to ask their parents and be ignored etc, so you were lucky to get some kind of an answer, or a lead - that's pretty intuitive.

No-one should feel obliged to or guilty about not taking photos. That's some dumb ATS criteria and nothing else. In fact, I've come to liken that to jealousy nowadays. People won't listen to other people, they'll only listen if there's a picture to look at - its infantile.

But I think your written account speaks strongly for itself. It also shows the "hidden human factor" behind UFOs - meaning, it would seem most people have an opinion but will never talk about it unless asked. So it's good of you to come forward. S&F!

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Thanks!

This sighting was the most prominent and helped form me into the person I am today. So, I saw it fitting to open with it. I have never had another experience like that one, but it is one of the most vivid memories I have.

I was asked once by an internet friend of mine, "Surely cameras were available then? Why did you not grab a picture?" I had no idea what I was looking at and as I was not an active "picture taker", it never crossed my mind to go get a camera.

I have the memory and that is all that matters to me.

reply to post by spiritualarchitect

I doubt they saw me from the window, but it is all possible they did. Maybe that is when they decided to leave, after they watched me watch them.

Do you think dreams correlate with visitations?

The thought crossed my mind when listening to a Moon Hoax show, I thought, "Hmm... Maybe they wore Space Suits to Earth..." It would make sense if they were intelligent enough to design a space craft, then they would be intelligent enough to assume to be weary of Earths atmosphere.

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 12:34 PM
link   
Oh, wow, how long ago was this?!

I hope you get the info you need!! And it would be awesome if someone else got a picture.

I am wondering if you aren't so wonder struck and in awe that nearly every thought of taking a picture leaves your mind?

reply to post by markymint
So True, many won't talk about them. I tried to talk about them after I learned what they were because I thought they were "normal", but when a few people called me "Crazy" and said "Aliens and UFOs aren't real". I quit telling people about them, I knew what I saw was real, and it wasn't like anything I had ever seen before.

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 12:55 PM
link   

april 28th 2011 at 12.15 to 12.50 pm renee

phil ware
edit on 15/10/2012 by maryhinge because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join