It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do Obama/Biden keep calling Russia and China our allies?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 12:09 AM
link   
This might sound like a rhetorical question. But why do they keep stating that Russia and China are our allies?

Ive never heard them call Israel our allies, but Ive heard them call Russia and China are our allies.

Maybe Russia and China are their allies, but are they Americas allies?

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 12:10 AM
link   
So what if they are our allies?

Don't bite the hands that feed you? Ever hear that expression?

Who owns our debt? Who was our sparring partner in the Cold War?

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 12:11 AM
link   
Why do Obama/Biden keep calling Russia and China our allies?

Cause birds of a feather flock together.

Our largest creditor, the largest supplier to "terrorists" are our "allies" !!!!

Don't really have a clue that duo.

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 12:14 AM
link   
We owe them money. We call them "Allies" because they are the other predominant force on the UN Security Council, along with the US. They call us allies because it's beneficial to them. They give us money. We clear the oil fields from Iraq straight through to the Hindu Kush and Chinas border.

It bears noting that Sun Tzu was Chinese and we really should heed his writings today. We are "allies" only as long as they need us to be. And the same can be said in reverse.

What happens when they get their oil flowing freely or we figure out a way to pay off that debt? I think most likely... WWIII.

~Heff

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 12:16 AM
link   
Ok, as an added part of the discussion. Wasn't it said that after the Revolution in Egypt, that Egypt are no longer our allies?

Yet we keep giving money to them and have propped up a leader from the muslim brotherhood.

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 12:17 AM
link   
reply to post by thehoneycomb

This might sound like a rhetorical question.

Actually it is quite simple...It is a rhetorical BS response...
I think it provides a piece of mind for the average not so smart American. They will say anything to calm down the masses. In reality it is a "you don't mess with me, I don't mess with you attitude, but hell we'll sugar coat it." It does seem like we have to rely on the communist mindset, since the Pres, and VP are calling them allies...What a joke.

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 12:18 AM
link   
reply to post by KonquestAbySS

Yes I concur.

There are alot of Russian folks who don't pretend to be our allies. No, they seem pretty intent on killing Americans.

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 12:19 AM
link   
Allies equal friends. What's wrong with making new friends?? Times are changing, get with the program or go party at a nursing home.

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 12:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hefficide

We owe them money. We call them "Allies" because they are the other predominant force on the UN Security Council, along with the US. They call us allies because it's beneficial to them. They give us money. We clear the oil fields from Iraq straight through to the Hindu Kush and Chinas border.

It bears noting that Sun Tzu was Chinese and we really should heed his writings today. We are "allies" only as long as they need us to be. And the same can be said in reverse.

What happens when they get their oil flowing freely or we figure out a way to pay off that debt? I think most likely... WWIII.

~Heff

Seems my superior military comment was not as myopic as others make it out to be todays ally is tomorrows foe.
edit on 12-10-2012 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 12:21 AM
link   

~Heff

Well, think about it. If WW3 were to happen...and I think that it has been going on since the start of the Cold War, just on a proxy level.

But if the big boys were to throw down upon one another...who would care about debt then?

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 12:22 AM
link   
reply to post by thehoneycomb

Russians are hardcore as well as the Chinese....They don't fear what the American Govt. has to offer. Maybe the Pres. and VP are just blowing smoke up the wrong stack. You don't want to mess with those 2. Combined forces we have no chance. We would start drafting 13-18 yr old kids just to match the manpower China has...

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 12:24 AM
link   

Seems my superior military comment was not as mypoic as others make it out to be todays allie is tomorrows foe.
reply to post by neo96

And yesterday's "foe" is our friend today.

I respect old men, but not when they act like the younger guys don't have an opinion.

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 12:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Allegorical

Seems my superior military comment was not as mypoic as others make it out to be todays allie is tomorrows foe.
reply to post by neo96

And yesterday's "foe" is our friend today.

I respect old men, but not when they act like the younger guys don't have an opinion.

Sorry this country as no true "ally" anyone who thinks we do is fooling themselves.

When it comes to any countries self interest that is the only dominate interest that counts.

History has proven this.

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 12:27 AM
link   
"Eurasia has always been our ally!"

I'll change that quote as it becomes necessary

edit on 12-10-2012 by Mkoll because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 12:28 AM
link   

~Heff

How will you know when it starts? What is the definition of the start of a world war?

Historians say that World War 2 started when Germany attacked Poland. So perhaps World War 3 started when the United States attacked Afghanistan and started the eternal war that nobody can ever win, the war on a ism... the war on terrorism.

I think we are in it already, because a war that has no end IS A WORLD WAR, with changing enemies every couple of years. People just arent used to thinking in those terms about wars so they dont recognize it.

According to my definition, World War 3 started on 7:th October 2001 when the US troops went into Afghanistan or on the 11:th of September 2001 when the World Trade Center got attacked.

Just showing a different perspective.

edit on 12-10-2012 by Bodhi911 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 12:29 AM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Sorry this country as no true "ally" anyone who thinks we do is fooling themselves.

Smoke and Mirrors. I totally agree. If anything we have semi-allies, but that's because money is involved. And we owe. We are in debt with a lot of these so-called allies.

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 12:30 AM
link   
reply to post by neo96

We have "intrest" in China and Russia being our "friends". When you're dead the "kids" you chastise will make the rules.

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 12:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Allegorical
reply to post by neo96

We have "intrest" in China and Russia being our "friends". When you're dead the "kids" you chastise will make the rules.

What is the deal with the age remarks?

Doesn't do jack for any points being "made" just shows how immature the younger generation is.

Friendship is a meaningless "construct" because of what was already said:

Self interest will always override that false sense "security" those who seek safety in numbers are the weakest, and are the most vulnerable.

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 12:35 AM
link   
"We are not at war with Eurasia, we have always been at war with Eastasia."

Now shut up and prepare for the two-minute hate.

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 12:49 AM
link   
Has any other president ever called Russia or China an ally?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join