It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chinese nationals brought in to fill B.C. coal miner shortage

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 11:07 PM
link   
Sadly, I read that the Canadian government is allowing Chinese nationals to come work in Canada in positions that cannot be filled by Canadians. The article states that "The first of a group of 200 temporary Chinese workers approved by the federal government will start arriving in B.C. in coming weeks to work in the burgeoning northeast coal industry"

I found it hard to comprehend that unemployed Canadians can't be trained to do this work and I also ask what's the rush that these workers need to be sent from China to work in Canada?

The article continues further with the mention of BC Premier's Nov. 9, 2011 announcement of $1.4 billion in Chinese funding for two of the four coal projects.What wasn't mentioned was the necessity of foreign workers. Nor the fact that the resources were to be sent to China.

I have not heard of any protests as of yet.

They'll just print some more money to buy what they want...

Read more: www.vancouversun.com...

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 11:34 PM
link   
More developing on this type of news.
This won't be the last I am afraid but another block of Canada being demolished.
thetyee.ca...
This is an article on a "Secret treaty is a massive giveaway of Canadian resources and rights with no vote in Parliament".

Sneaky...

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 11:38 PM
link   
China vs u.s ww3 2013

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 11:47 PM
link   
reply to post by CaLyps0

Quite true, especially now that China has vested interest in their new companies in Canada.
They will now have to protect them from outside influences and aggressors.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 11:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by gardCanada
Quite true, especially now that China has vested interest in their new companies in Canada.
They will now have to protect them from outside influences and aggressors.

China IS an outside influence in Canada....

These threads get so obvious sometimes...

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 11:58 PM
link   

Quite true, especially now that China has vested interest in their new companies in Canada. They will now have to protect them from outside influences and aggressors.

Who?

Everybody loves Canada!!!

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 12:02 AM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Absolutely Slayer69, however due to the signing of the Canada-China Foreign Investment Promotion and Protection Act (FIPPA), the deal "allows Chinese companies to sue Canada outside of Canadian courts. So...Canada defaults and gets owned by China.' The deals gives Chinese state owned companies "the right to full protection and security from public opposition." and "gives Sinopec, one of the big Chinese backers of the Northern Gateway pipeline, the right to sue the government of British Columbia if it blocks the project. Sinopec could also demand that only Chinese labour and materials be used on the pipeline".

Just stating it could happen. But as you infer- probably not.

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 12:03 AM
link   
Ya the people of B.C. have been purposefully misled , it's not a job-creation program for Canadian's. It's a project by, and for, Communist Chinese corporations, who intend to bring temporary workers, dig up the coal and ship it to China.As far as expertise,More than 50,000 have died from mine disasters in China over the last ten years ,so expect them to bring there human rights donuts for the workers too.
edit on 12-10-2012 by all2human because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 12:08 AM
link   
Those chinese commies are bad news. Put a tarriff on all that crap.

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 12:11 AM
link   
It's not that Canadians can't be trained for this sort of work.

Most of us Canadians really don't wanna work in the northern climates where these mines are located.

I think these Chinese workers are in for a surprise, moving to Northern BC in October.

As soon as it hits 40C below, they'll be leaving in droves, maybe before.

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 12:27 AM
link   
ITs about the money that the Canadian government can get out of it. Looking at other scenarios that can come out of it, there's not much good in it for Canadians or for that matter North America. All the resources will feed the Chinese machine and if it does come back, it will be a end-user product where we'd pay top dollar for it. Our government unfortunately is not serving in the people best long term interest.

About the other scenario of Chinese troops here, I guess that wouldn't happen. A question then that comes up is if the United States military is there to serve in the interest of the US citizens AND Canada is looked at as another energy resource and now China is potentially taking this resource away from the future use by the US, would there be probably grounds for action?

Just wondering what others think...

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 12:37 AM
link   
reply to post by gardCanada

Great..thanks for letting the cat out of the bag,now there's going to be droning's in BC

edit on 12-10-2012 by all2human because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 12:40 AM
link   
reply to post by all2human

well we did have a few in Afghanistan that won't be in use...
oh wait, those might have been sold for the lowest dollar like some of the stuff that was in use there...

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 01:35 AM
link   
I am shock't and angry.
they are selling out the people of Canada.
just the Rich getting more money.

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 04:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by gardCanada
Sadly, I read that the Canadian government is allowing Chinese nationals to come work in Canada in positions that cannot be filled by Canadians. The article states that "The first of a group of 200 temporary Chinese workers approved by the federal government will start arriving in B.C. in coming weeks to work in the burgeoning northeast coal industry"

I found it hard to comprehend that unemployed Canadians can't be trained to do this work and I also ask what's the rush that these workers need to be sent from China to work in Canada?

The article continues further with the mention of BC Premier's Nov. 9, 2011 announcement of $1.4 billion in Chinese funding for two of the four coal projects.What wasn't mentioned was the necessity of foreign workers. Nor the fact that the resources were to be sent to China.

I have not heard of any protests as of yet.

They'll just print some more money to buy what they want...

Read more: www.vancouversun.com...

This is just another one of "those-things-that-seem-to-just-happen' that appear to be just isolated incidents that don't at first appear to be planned but I understand, perhaps incorrectly, that they are also flying Chinese workers direct from China in the Australian outback to work iron ore mines.'

Are we all doomed to be whilte coolies in our own land? Is what TPTB have planned for us??

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 08:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by babybunnies
It's not that Canadians can't be trained for this sort of work.

Most of us Canadians really don't wanna work in the northern climates where these mines are located.

I think these Chinese workers are in for a surprise, moving to Northern BC in October.

As soon as it hits 40C below, they'll be leaving in droves, maybe before.

I hope you're right. But my gut tells me they'll freeze to death before they simply walk away from a state-sponsored job like that.

join