It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What would we do?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 09:37 PM
link   
One day and i would think inevitably the human race will make contact with an Alien race. The Alien race may even look indistinguishable from us in our human characteristics to a point where we may be able to cross breed with them with no issues.

Imagine humans making contact with such a race and finding out they are about several hundred years ahead of us in technology. Something however becomes apparant and concerning to us that they are ethically Hedonistic.

Through some limited and controlled discussions and interactions with our Alien Cousins we learn that many of our social instituitons are considered antiquated and backwards to them. They explain to us we used to live the same way in our dark ages.

We find out they live in like some kind of Utopian "Logans run" type fanatasy world. Every one of there race has a deliberately genetical encoded expiry date. This based on the role they were born to fulfil in the society. The concept of family is gone people are born in artifical wombs like the brave new world scenario. The society is completely hedonistic in all its social interactions and pursuits.

We are faced with a delimea as a race, do we embrace contact with our Alien cousins knowing the implications of it may destroy our social belief systems and institutions, or do we say please go away where not ready for you yet

The alien race understanding our delimea are empathatic with us. The show genuine concern for our situation and look for our politicans. The earth politicians dont want to make a decision so they put the moral question back to the populus. It soons comes to a vote in the UN that the decision will be put to a direct vote conducted online. Every person in every demoncratic country will be allowed free access to the online vote.

The vote will simply ask should the Planet Earths human race embrace the Alien race or say no where not ready for you yet?

What do you think the majority will vote for?

edit on 11-10-2012 by AthlonSavage because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 09:55 PM
link   
The universe is about 14 billion years old therefore its more than likely an alien race could be several BILLION years more advanced than us. So, I doubt they would be anything like us in anyway whatsoever.

Also what you describe (pre determined life span) sounds like agenda 21 on steroids

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 10:29 PM
link   
If I were a hyper advanced alien visiting Earth I'd capture a good sampling of locals, use them make a virus to wipe out those crazy freaking humans before anything else.

I think we'd seem that dangerous to anyone with the capability to travel the stars. Humans are insane, illogical, unpredictable, brilliant creatures. We may not pose an immediate threat to any starfarers, but if I were them I'd conquer us before we learn how to conquer them

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 11:02 PM
link   
I agree with a previous poster, stating how much more advance alien civilization could be. There is no way in the world that, we haven't had alien contact. It would not make any sense not to. How do you know we are not living an alien civilization now?

You need to throw social, media, sci-fi, or any concept away. Only then could you understand alien civilization.

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 09:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by SparkOfSparks6
There is no way in the world that, we haven't had alien contact. It would not make any sense not to.

I agee 100%. An Alien civilisation could have evolved several BILLION years before the Earth even existed. That would mean they could be at least 4 Billion years more advanced than us, and just look at how much we've achieved in just the last 100 years.
Given that an alien race may have several billion years head start on us I find it very hard to imagine earth hasn't been visited.

Originally posted by SparkOfSparks6
You need to throw social, media, sci-fi, or any concept away. Only then could you understand alien civilization.

Yep, If aliens were to visit and try to talk to us, then I think for them,it might be like us trying to have an intelligent conversation with a retarded chimp, they may even find it impossible.
As somone else said, Imagine going up to an ants nest and saying "Take me to your leader"

edit on 13-10-2012 by VoidHawk because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 09:39 PM
link   
Hey folks I think the point of the thread is the ethical dilemma and which way you'd vote not the less critical details of how the dilemma is staged.

You can get over critical,you know.lol

Me I'd vote for to stay with our good old fashioned human imperfections rather than adopt artificial wombs and weird un-emotional non-family arrangements !!!

Was never much of a fan of Logan's Run anyway !!!

new topics

top topics

join