It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stacey Dash Comments outrage black community

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Viking9019
What doesn't cause outrage in the 'black community' these days?

Theyve taken a cue from "Muslim Outrage"

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by subject x
reply to post by poloblack

To be fair, I do know some black folks who believe their race is superior.
The idea seems to be mostly based on athletic ability, or so I gather from our discussions.

Of course, I know white folks, asian folks, and American Indian folks who believe theirs is the superior race.

I guess it just shows that ignorance comes in all colors.

I get what you're saying, I really do. But most black people do not equate superiority with athletic ability, and the ones that sound as ridiculous as any other race claiming superiority because of a certain trait. I'm a black guy, but the thing is, a vast amount of black people aren't even totally black. As a matter of fact, my complexion is reddish brown, and so is my hair, but I'm black. That being said, there was a lot of mixing among the races after the Mayflower landed on Plymouth Rock. Most of that mixing was of an involuntary nature, if you catch my drift.

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 02:24 PM
link   
reply to post by rtyfx

I am literally laughing out loud.

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 02:43 PM
link   
This is my first post ever on this site.

First - to the level headed folks, I appreciate your logic at viewing the everyday internet crap comments for exactly what they are...the everyday spam comments that people just rattle off with the attempts of being funny and not honestly giving their post any thought.

To the OP,

Dude you clearly have a biased view of "black" people. Working in the public and coming BRIEFLY in contact with "vast amounts of people" means nothing because I'm sure these aren't social gatherings or anything conducive to getting to know a person and drawing a proper conclusion about who they are.

Also, as polo has stated more than once in the span of this thread there is a HUGE difference about being racist and being prejudice. Racism is a system of advantage based on race. And you have to ask yourself, who is advantaged by this system, and who is disadvantaged? for MANY years it was quite clear as to who the system in America favored vs who it didn't. It's not white guilt it is just common sense...after slavery systemic racism was still very alive in America.

To be prejudice, as most folks are, is what you - THE OP - are. You don't like blacks based on what your mind has determined to be valid perspectives, but you as a everyday avg citizen poise no threat systematically to me or any other "black" American. Now say if you and your prejudice views are say...A Cop... who harasses blacks and uses your power as an officer to exercise your prejudice agenda...then that's racist.

Also, honestly this is just a race baiting type thread. I mean come on one look at the title "Stacy Dash's Comments Outrage The Black Community". One black "celeb" - I use the term celeb loosely cause she isn't relevant - says they are voting for Romney a couple black twitter followers give her flack for it...and you connect the dots all the way to the idea that black community is more prejudice than whites?! It's just funny how the minds of people who claim they are sane, level headed, and use common sense.. turn out to be otherwise.
edit on 12-10-2012 by Jacktrades because: (no reason given)

edit on 12-10-2012 by Jacktrades because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by rtyfx
reply to post by Viking9019

Free phones.

I wanna free phone.

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 04:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Jacktrades

But you never see whites criticizing other white celebrities for supporting Obama.
How about I start tweeting " shame on you Jessica Alba for supporting a black person ",
" Whites should only vote for their race " ?.

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 06:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Juggernog

Originally posted by Viking9019
What doesn't cause outrage in the 'black community' these days?

Theyve taken a cue from "Muslim Outrage"

Funny. Apparently the same response could be made to the white ats community. Bunch of lilly livers with their panties in a bunch over some perceived slight. Oh the humanity your lives must be so tough - pushed into a corner by commies and negroes. How difficult it must be to get by.

CJ
edit on 12-10-2012 by ColoradoJens because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 09:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by poloblack
I get what you're saying, I really do. But most black people do not equate superiority with athletic ability, and the ones that sound as ridiculous as any other race claiming superiority because of a certain trait.

Absolutely. Most black folks I know think it's ridiculous, and they laugh at those who believe such nonsense. I'm certainly not trying to paint the whole with one brush, just pointing out that there are some.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join