It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Vice Presidential Debate Discussion Thread

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 08:48 PM
link   
Biden is sneaking in some BeeEss....

steady as she goes.....

LIVE Fact Check: The Joe Biden Lie Detector

here's a few .....

9:07 p.m. EDT
Biden turns a question on Libya into an answer on Iraq and Afghanistan. He attacks Romney for saying that we should have left 30,000 troops in Iraq. That was roughly Obama's position in the 2008 campaign. His abrupt decision to pull all troops out--after the collapse of talks with the Iraqi government, in which Biden himself failed in his diplomacy--was against the advice of America's military leaders and was purely political.

9:12 p.m. EDT
Biden says that President Obama has "gone out and repaired out alliances so that the rest of the world follows that again." Tell that to Poland, Libya, the Czech Republic... he follows up that lie with a stark accusation that Mitt Romney and Paul Ryan "bet against America all the time."

Challenged by the moderator to explain the Libya debacle, Biden claims that the administration did not know that the attack on the consulate was a terror attack, repeating the administration's false line on Libya. And doing so with conviction.

Ryan calls Biden on his lie about how there were no requests for extra security--though he does not address Biden directly.

9:15 p.m. EDT
Biden lies about Romney and Ryan's position on Iran, saying that sanctions are as strong as they can possibly be (of course they are, if you ignore the waivers for Russia and China, and the fact--alluded to by Ryan--that the administration dragged its feet on sanctions). He states that Romney and Ryan would not do more than the Obama administration--and suggests that they would drag the U.S. into a war.

Responding on Israel, Biden tries to defend Obama's failure to meet Netanyahu, calling Ryan's charge of neglect "a bunch of stuff"--though it is, of course, true.

9:27 p.m. EDT
Biden claims the Obama administration rescued the auto industry, and that Romney said the auto companies should be allowed to go bankrupt. He neglects the fact that the Obama administration, too, took the industry through bankruptcy--after making sure its union friends were well looked after.

Biden also claims the administration passed a "middle class tax cut"--there was no such cut, at least in terms of tax rates, which is how the term "tax cut" is typically understood.

Biden goes after Ryan's "30%" argument--as Breitbart News predicted he would--and leaves out what Ryan actually said. It's an attack by proxy on Romney's "47 percent" remark--and falls rather flat.

9:29 p.m. EDT
The GOP rapid response team replies to Biden's claim that Ryan would have cut funding for embassy security by citing State Department testimony that budgetary constraints had nothing to do with the security deployments in Benghazi. As Ryan said, it was the specific denial of requests for more security personnel that were the problem. Both could also have added that Obama's sequester proposal calls for embassy security cuts.

9:35 p.m. EDT
Biden claims that Ryan and his Republican colleagues helped create the deficit problem by voting for two wars on the "credit card." Biden, of course, voted for both of those wars.

Biden also tries to blunt Ryan's criticism of the stimulus by citing two letters that he wrote in support of grant seekers from his congressional district. He claims that Ryan praised the stimulus program and cited its potential for growth in those letters. There is no evidence that Ryan said any such thing.

9:37 p.m. EDT
Biden claims that Sarah Palin spoke about "death panels" in their Vice Presidential debate in 2008. A quick look at the transcript reveals she did no such thing.

9:41 p.m. EDT
Biden can's handle the truth--he says "there's not one Democrat" that supports Ryan's Medicare reform plan. He denies that Ryan worked with Sen. Ron Wyden (D-OR) or former Clinton budget director Alice Rivlin. He mutters throughout Ryan's response that they have disavowed Ryan's plan. There is no evidence of that at all.

link   
Didn't medicare, and social security used to be protected "hands off" funds?

If so.. who put their hands on it?

Congress?

If so.. who created the doom scenario for both?

I am most likely wrong but that's the thought that came to mind.. can anyone set me straight on that?

link   
OK... between episodes of Game of Kings - before I throw in the next DVD... Who's winning?

link   
I think Biden is acting like a child.

Snickering, smirking, interrupting.

This is serious business and he should act accordingly.

It's embarrassing.

link   

Originally posted by neo96
Make 1 million bucks are your super wealthy!!!!!!

Right.

That is small business owners.

What?

You're crazy, you make 1 million income a year, yes you are wealthy.

And now, that isn't most small businesses.

link   
reply to post by PurpleChiten

I don't support Obama at all. I like this because it seems we are actually having a debate in which rhetoric and propaganda is not allowed to stand.

I want to see these guys talk about it like we all do and put some passion into it! Other wise it's just a 1 1/2 hour party ad.

link   
reply to post by Hefficide

Health Care.. looks like VP is taking this one..

link   
Ryan is wiping his ass with biden...

Hey biden,,,,, why not give us a choice
on social security>???

We should of had that choice from the beginning
can't not just do something or keep pushing it off
for the next folks....

Sorry you and your family are multi millionaires
the other 99% of us arn't

link   
Ryan's eyes look bloodshot too.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 08:49 PM
link   
Uh Oh.... Joe's got smoke coming out the ears... here was cram material.. lol

Fuzzy...too. He's REAL creative on reading those income/tax tables on what is actually collected or paid by each area of income bracket. It's all boring numbers...but those numbers ain't the way he's portraying it to be.

Jan 1 is what he's talking about on the agreements too.. Taxmageddon. Obama is the President. it's his job to whip Congress when they're not getting thigns done...and they both failed to make a deal. Jan is something they have almost no chance to fix now...both sides...failed this.

link   
reply to post by Hefficide

Biden.... surprisingly!

link   

Originally posted by HostileApostle

Originally posted by lynn112
I see it still as fairly equal, Biden loosing some points with me over his annoying laughs, smirks & such. That said, both are doing much better than our sitting President. That is kind of sad IMO.

So you don't care about substance, just how pretty they look.

That is what is wrong with our country.

Please don't infer I don't care about content, as I do very much. I also, however, don't enjoy rude behavior or arrogance which is what I see from Biden. You can get a message across without being rude and Biden is being rude IMO. It doesn't reflect well on him in my eyes. It's my opinion and one I'm entitled to.

link   

Originally posted by daryllyn

It's embarrassing.

I love this is the only criticism people have of Biden.

He is kicking Ryan's tail and enjoying it, and that is why the only thing people have bad to say is that Biden is having too much fun doing this.

link   

Originally posted by joyride0187

Originally posted by PurpleChiten

Originally posted by MDDoxs
The more this goes on, the more Ryan looks like a naïve child.

Bidens Experience is Really making a difference

He's definitely running circles around Ryan. The kid is way out of his league.

I don't think we're watching the same debate. Biden is getting his ass handed to him!

I'm watching the VP debate, don't know what you're watching...

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 08:50 PM
link   
Gotta say I am getting more of a kick outta the desperate scrambles on here than on the debate. Some of you folks make be belly laugh. Cannot stand it that Ryan looks like a deer in the headlights and the Obama fans can't stand that Biden has the attention span of a dog at a squirrel park.

They have both stepped in it. At this point, I could care less but from a neutral and disconnected observer, Biden seems stronger than Ryan

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 08:50 PM
link   
"Do you have the specifics, or are you still working on them and that's why you cant tell the American people?"

Well....uhhh....so there's this one story blah blah blah...

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 08:51 PM
link   
The moderator has asked for specifics about 4 times, and Ryan just ignores her.

link   

Originally posted by JacKatMtn
Didn't medicare, and social security used to be protected "hands off" funds?

If so.. who put their hands on it?

Congress?

If so.. who created the doom scenario for both?

I am most likely wrong but that's the thought that came to mind.. can anyone set me straight on that?

Right and left have hand their hands on SS since pretty much the beginning.

link   

Originally posted by HostileApostle

Originally posted by daryllyn

It's embarrassing.

I love this is the only criticism people have of Biden.

He is kicking Ryan's tail and enjoying it, and that is why the only thing people have bad to say is that Biden is having too much fun doing this.

Actually, it appears fairly even still to me, no clear winner, both having their storng points and weak points.

link   

Originally posted by Hefficide

OK... between episodes of Game of Kings - before I throw in the next DVD... Who's winning?

Biden is whipping up on Ryan and the anti-Obama folks are really really upset because he's smiling while he does it

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join