It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Vice Presidential Debate Discussion Thread

page: 50
<< 47  48  49    51  52  53 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 04:27 PM
link   
reply to post by sad_eyed_lady

At least we know when the deck is stacked.

Yes, but some people refuse to admit it.

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 04:28 PM
link   
reply to post by MidnightTide

MidnightTide, you're not the only one.

There's people I know going back to the countries they immigrated from.

The reason, Obamanomics.

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 04:29 PM
link   
reply to post by campanionator

In answer to your what did he say on either side of 7 second comment.

Let this be your answer:

The Obama campaign is already having to clean up the misstatement, saying Biden meant to say that, under law, Planned Parenthood can’t use the federal funding it gets to pay for abortions.

www.lifenews.com...

If all you've got on Ryan is a hot poster saying he lies - you are going to lose. I like facts.
edit on 10/13/2012 by sad_eyed_lady because: clean up

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThirdEyeofHorus

Isn't it sad that some people lost their reasoning ability or their conscience. Could it be stubborn pride? I don't expect them to admit it to me, hope they admit it to themselves.
edit on 10/13/2012 by sad_eyed_lady because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Campanionator, it's sad that your President has to rely on his VP to even things up. It shows he has no backbone.

BTW, Biden did win... IN RUDENESS!

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by sad_eyed_lady

In answer to your what did he say on either side of 7 second comment.

Let this be your answer:

The Obama campaign is already having to clean up the misstatement, saying Biden meant to say that, under law, Planned Parenthood can’t use the federal funding it gets to pay for abortions.

www.lifenews.com...

If all you've got on Ryan is a hot poster saying he lies - you are going to lose. I like facts.
edit on 10/13/2012 by sad_eyed_lady because: clean up

You like distortions that you can sell as truth -

Something like..."some people might call you a moron, but I wouldn't do that"

I probably will lose and then Mitt Romney can go ahead and transfer America right back into the banks hands
and look the other way like Bush did

Then you can pretend that you can't understand why we all get poorer when you tailor all your policies to
the rich.

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by alternateuniverse

Campanionator, it's sad that your President has to rely on his VP to even things up. It shows he has no backbone.

BTW, Biden did win... IN RUDENESS!

And Ryan won in distortions and lies -

It is too bad that Obama is not willing to tailor his answer based upon which audience he is standing in front
of.

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThirdEyeofHorus

I'm glad you can admit that to yourself -

We all have been trying to tell you that Right Wing America is delusional -

Your policies created the crash in the first place and you are using your failure as a stepping stone.

It is brilliant, but not good for America

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 10:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

Originally posted by thetiler
Can Ryan and Romney get along for four years if they get into the white house?
Because the pioneer leaders of the LDS church had terrible animosity for catholics.

The 'pioneer leaders' of the LDS are dead and gone.
And the LDS have changed their beliefs over the years.
There is no problem between LDS members and Catholics.
The only problem is with the Vatican saying that LDS aren't really Christians.
But even that is insignificant and obviously Ryan and Romney get along just fine.

Like with Biden, he seems much more mature in his belief in the catholic church ...

He's a cafeteria catholic who has dismissed a teaching of his church.
Technically he has excommunicated himself and is a 'lapsed catholic'.

I have to disagree with you bigtime ! You say the leaders are dead and gone but the book of mormon lives on and Romney is using it to preach to people that are not mormons. When "dead" leaders have their writing still going on into this century, it is important that a person running for president KNOW exactly what he is reading and were it came from. Because the LDS people as a whole are not understanding of DNA and no artifacts to back up the book of mormon. No, the leaders are not dead and gone, for their scriptures live on and those scriptures are not based on truth. Joseph Smith did not receive those plates from Angel Moroni, there is enough evidence in a court of law to convict Joseph Smith of fraud.

"Like with Biden, he seems much more mature in his belief in the catholic church ...
He's a cafeteria catholic who has dismissed a teaching of his church.
Technically he has excommunicated himself and is a 'lapsed catholic'.
"

I guess it would be just as bad as a cafeteria Taliban. They would consider them hell bound.

The ones that think the are right in line for heaven, usually have a bit of humble pie to eat before they die.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

"There is no problem between LDS members and Catholics"

Catholic answers about mormons:
www.ewtn.com...
edit on 13-10-2012 by thetiler because: added thought

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 06:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by campanionator
Ryan tried to derail REALITY and the moderator did not stand for it.

Biden did it even worse .. but she managed to 'stand for it' when he did it.

Originally posted by P12SOLD
Many Americans seemly can't tell the difference between a guy talking bullcrap and a guy talking sense. Of course Biden was laughing only a fool wouldn't listening to Ryan talk.

Since you seem to think Biden did a good job and told the truth .. that makes you one of those who can't tell the difference between a guy talking bullcrap and a guy talking sense.

"If a wise man has an argument with a fool the fool only rages and laughs and there is no quiet." --Proverbs 29:9

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 06:30 AM
link   

You say the leaders are dead and gone but the book of mormon lives on and Romney is using it to preach to people that are not mormons.

Can you give a link showing where Romney is preaching to people to become Mormons?

www.ewtn.com...

You didn't read what I posted. I said that Catholics have no problem with Mormons .. it's the VATICAN that has problems with Mormons. THAT is what I said. Catholics in general and Mormons in general get along just fine. And just because the Vatican states that Mormons aren't Christian, that has no effect on the beliefs or social practices of Catholics at all. If you take a random sample of Catholics on the street and ask if Mormons are Christian, the vast majority will most likely say 'yes'. If you take a random sample of Catholics on the street and ask if they shun Mormons because of their religion, the vast majority will say 'no'.

Obviously Romney and Ryan get along just fine. It's a non issue.

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 07:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

You say the leaders are dead and gone but the book of mormon lives on and Romney is using it to preach to people that are not mormons.

Can you give a link showing where Romney is preaching to people to become Mormons?

www.ewtn.com...

You didn't read what I posted. I said that Catholics have no problem with Mormons .. it's the VATICAN that has problems with Mormons. THAT is what I said. Catholics in general and Mormons in general get along just fine. And just because the Vatican states that Mormons aren't Christian, that has no effect on the beliefs or social practices of Catholics at all. If you take a random sample of Catholics on the street and ask if Mormons are Christian, the vast majority will most likely say 'yes'. If you take a random sample of Catholics on the street and ask if they shun Mormons because of their religion, the vast majority will say 'no'.

Obviously Romney and Ryan get along just fine. It's a non issue.

"Haglund noted that “mourn for those who mourn,” which is found in the Book of Mormon in Mosiah 18:9, “is in the top 10 passages for Mormons.”"

Link below:
www.patheos.com...

edit on 14-10-2012 by thetiler because: added thought

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 08:05 AM
link   
reply to post by thetiler

In the Book of Mormon that Romney uses,it refers to black people that they are cursed by god.
exmormon.org...

That would not only offend Obama but it could also offend black catholics.

Mormon Question Sparks Tense Moment During Mitt Romney Town
www.youtube.com...

"This will always be so". Brigham Young

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 08:47 AM
link   

It's amazing that right wingers really think Mitt Romney is really going to serve them.

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 08:49 AM
link   
I just find it sad that the Politics like always want to start another war, but to help the poor in your own country is too much to ask, to make Healthcare available to your ever citizen like most of the civilized World has it's also too much and costly, but money for wars and aid to foreign countries is always available. Priority one should always be your own country and your citizens.

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 09:48 AM
link   
Matt Taibbi sums the entire debate up nicely: LINK

Biden was right to laugh and roll his eyes...we should have all done that watching Ryan's performance!

I've never thought much of Joe Biden. But man, did he get it right in last night's debate, and not just because he walloped sniveling little Paul Ryan on the facts. What he got absolutely right, despite what you might read this morning (many outlets are criticizing Biden's dramatic excesses), was his tone. Biden did absolutely roll his eyes, snort, laugh derisively and throw his hands up in the air whenever Ryan trotted out his little beady-eyed BS-isms.

But he should have! He was absolutely right to be doing it. We all should be doing it. That includes all of us in the media, and not just paid obnoxious-opinion-merchants like me, but so-called "objective" news reporters as well. We should all be rolling our eyes, and scoffing and saying, "Come back when you're serious."

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 10:01 AM
link   
reply to post by MrXYZ

So essentially when any politician speaks we all should just laugh then.

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 10:04 AM
link   

He quoted from his holy book. So what? Obama has quoted from the bible and the Qu'ran. Neither one is preaching at people to become their particular religion. That's a whole different thing.

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 10:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by MidnightTide
reply to post by MrXYZ

So essentially when any politician speaks we all should just laugh then.

If he doesn't back up any of his statements like Ryan...sure

"How do you intend to pay for those 20% tax rate?"
"I dunno."

Good example of Ryan's "plan". His other plan includes giving everyone above 18 a 1965 Mustang...for free! Don't ask how he'll pay for it, he'll figure it out afterwards

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 10:09 AM
link   

You do realize that the Mormon church got rid of those racist beliefs and practices DECADES ago, right? 1978. And the Church has publically condemned racism .. both inside and outside the church. read here . I don't buy what the Mormon church is selling and I think it's beliefs are easily debunked, but let's not try to claim that the church has racism in it's belief system anymore. It doesn't.

Obama's black liberation theology 'church' .. on the other hand .. still practices racism today. In fact, racism is at the core of it's belief system. Why not talk about real racism that still exists and is still part of the practice for Obama's 'church'??

new topics

top topics

<< 47  48  49    51  52  53 >>

join