It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Vice Presidential Debate Discussion Thread

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 08:21 PM
link   
Wait a sec....Ryan said the sanctions weren't enough and then says thank god for them?

Incredible!

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 08:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
Biden is coming off as arrogant and condescending.

Doesn't play well for some.

But it is showing a deep contrast and confidence.

Biden needs to coach Obama.

link   
Anybody watching CNN notice that every time Paul Ryan speaks the undecided woman voters graph climbs into the favourable?

link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX

Originally posted by neo96
Biden is coming off as arrogant and condescending.

Doesn't play well for some.

But it is showing a deep contrast and confidence.

Biden needs to coach Obama.

Rather then both be fired.

link   

Originally posted by sheepslayer247
Wait a sec....Ryan said the sanctions weren't enough and then says thank god for them?

Incredible!

The Moderator needs to press Ryan to admit they want to go to war with Iran.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 08:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by littled16
My basket of plastic Easter eggs is dwindling fast! Just a few more stutters, Joe.

do you need some little blue pills for hubby....

Des

link   

Originally posted by Drunkenparrot
Anybody watching CNN notice that every time Paul Ryan speaks the undecided woman voters graph climbs into the favourable?

Fox has the coverage without any side meters or graphics or clutter.... Just the two on a clean split screen display when talking. ...

*or single... lol.. Clean though.. None of that garbage.
edit on 11-10-2012 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

link   
Does the VP think that smirking and smiling helps him?

I thought this was a serious debate.. and he's laughing?

Just an observation.. I may be too old, but I don't consider that a welcome component from a debate participant..

link   

Originally posted by Destinyone
reply to post by SamLuv

Found it. It will be hosted by Centre City College in Kentucky...here's some info and link.

DANVILLE, Ky. — Company’s coming, and residents of this central Kentucky hamlet can hardly wait.

On Thursday evening, Danville's cultural epicenter, private Centre College, enrollment 1,340, will be the setting for the country's only chance to see vice presidential candidates Paul Ryan and Joe Biden debate during the fall election season. People in this city of 16,000 are preparing for a phalanx of media, political operatives and spectators.

A small town with a small college...I like the fact it's being held in a small town setting, instead of Las Vegas or some place like that.

“We’re trying to clean everything up and make it look real pretty for our visitors,” said Corman.

Thursday's spotlight on Danville is sure to be especially intense as the undercard debate of presidential running mates attracts heightened interest.

That should come after Republican Mitt Romney's surprisingly assertive performance against a subdued President Barack Obama during last week's presidential candidate debate in Denver. National polls show Romney and Obama in a close race.

I

A lot of press for a small town...

Danville's visitors will include Secret Service agents who've rented an entire section of a local hotel, and the broadcast networks, expected in town Sunday and Monday.

Centre College expects 3,200 credentialed media, including 600 from 39 foreign countries.

Two national media outlets are negotiating to rent the Bluegrass Pizza and Pub downtown - one for a debate forum, the other to entertain VIP guests - though owner Colin Masters was reluctant to give specifics until details are final.

The Debate site...

Come Thursday evening nearly all of these visitors will converge on tiny but prestigious Centre College, a highly rated liberal arts college whose alumni include two Supreme Court justices (John Marshall Harlan and Fred M. Vinson); two vice presidents (John C. Breckenridge and Adlai Stevenson); and a passel of congressmen, senators and governors.

The college, just three blocks from downtown, hosted the 2000 vice presidential debate between Dick Cheney and Joe Lieberman. The Commission on Presidential Debates was so impressed, it chose Center, and Danville, again this year.

"It's a bigger show this time," said Dr. Clarence Wyatt, professor of history, who co-chaired the 2000 debate and has the same role this year. "It's more complex in every way. It's post 9/11, and there's an incumbent this time."

Des

I'm sorry, but where is the promised link here? Thanks.

link   
I have to weigh in.
The old man is whippen young buck on Iran.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 08:24 PM
link   

Yeah, I noticed that, so very sad.

But what do you expect from undecided voters at this point? Anyone undecided at this point are uninformed morons.

link   

Originally posted by HostileApostle

Originally posted by sheepslayer247

Incredible!

The Moderator needs to press Ryan to admit they want to go to war with Iran.

This nation has already been at war with Iran look up Operation Olympic games.

link   

New *fantasy* man....

Des

edit on 11-10-2012 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 08:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Destinyone

No ma'am! Just need to feed him 2 beers and it's on!

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 08:25 PM
link   
Yay Bidens class warfare lies on taxation,

Romney paid 2 million in taxes so who paid more?

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 08:26 PM
link   
JOES GONNA BURST!@!!!

Damn, he took some lion testosterone before the debate. Go Joe...just..dont drop the f bomb...dont drop the f bomb!

link   
reply to post by JacKatMtn

I have been in a few live debates and sometimes it's more appealing to the judges or audience if you smile and laugh, then to smirk and be overly negative.

link   
reply to post by Drunkenparrot

To be honest, he is easier on the eyes.

On topic, Biden is holding his own much better than Obama and this debate seems to be more of an equal playing field.

link   
Ouch!

Biden is burying Romney/Ryan on the 47%/30%.

Biden is fired up, I like it.

link   
Now his B.S. is into the realm where you need to know the budget to see it... I could say a lot of what Biden just said is exceptionally creative interpretation if not outright misrepresentation....but it's take the damn budget open to prove it.

I hate it when they do that.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join