It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Vice Presidential Debate Discussion Thread

page: 49
<< 46  47  48    50  51  52 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 03:53 PM
link   
Martha Raddatz, the "moderator," hit Ryan 9 times vs. Biden once.

Biden:

The one time Raddatz confronted Biden, it was to ask him to elaborate on what he meant by "a bunch of stuff" in attacking Ryan's honesty--setting Biden up to elaborate. That sole question is cited by Huffington Post as evidence of Raddatz's even-handedness.

Ryan:

Attack #1: Holding Ryan and Romney, not Biden or Obama, accountable for Libya statements.

Attack #2: Asking Ryan--and only Ryan--to respond to American misdeeds in war.

Attack #3: Asking what the Romney/Ryan team would do, but not Obama/Biden, about Iran.

Attack #4: Asking Ryan specific questions on unemployment, while letting Biden avoid them.

Attack #6: Attacking Ryan--and only Ryan--for past legislative stances,

Attack #7: Accusing Ryan of not offering "specifics"--and interrupting him:

Attack #8: Falsely accusing Ryan of wanting to add to the defense budget.

Attack #9: Asking Ryan, not Biden, about the implications of his stance on abortion.

Read More:
By the Numbers: Moderator Raddatz Attacked Ryan 9 Times, Biden Once by William Bigelow
www.breitbart.com...

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xtrozero

Originally posted by jheated5
Good on your guys for standing up for what is true and just in this country, oh wait....... Pathetic people breed a pathetic government, you want to blame the countries problems on the POTUS, next time you people need to take a good long look in the mirror!!!

As I said before I kind of hope Obama wins, so that everyone defending him gets their just rewards.

People are going to get their just rewards no matter which one of those losers gets elected and then when everything goes to hell they'll start pointing their fingers again!

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by jheated5
Good on your guys for standing up for what is true and just in this country, oh wait....... Pathetic people breed a pathetic government, you want to blame the countries problems on the POTUS, next time you people need to take a good long look in the mirror!!!

As I said before I kind of hope Obama wins, so that everyone defending him gets their just rewards.

Let them wait to get their rewards in the next life!!!

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThirdEyeofHorus
reply to post by MrXYZ

I don't believe calling people out on "lies" is the role of moderator. She overstepped her boundaries in numerous occasions. Her job was to ask unbiased questions and keep the debate flowing smoothly without interruptions, and she failed quite miserably, because she interpreted her job as defending the Progressive team and there agenda.

Yes it is the role of a moderator to correct distortions, Ryan tried to derail REALITY and the moderator
did not stand for it.

You guys are having a tantrum exactly because Ryan got spanked, you are keeping the attention off the
fact that the man is ill prepared to become POTUS if he need to be

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrXYZ

Ryan's statements weren't "small lies", they were MASSIVE lies.

Can you directly quote one of his "Massive" lies?

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by alternateuniverse

That's a shame because Ryan distorted and lied dozens of times -

I guess Right Winger feel that they are entitled to present their fairy tales into a discussion
about reality.

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrXYZ

Ryan's statements weren't "small lies", they were MASSIVE lies.

Can you directly quote one of his "Massive" lies?

No, because he lied by using subtext and implying things that are massive lies, that is the
professional status of his lying capabilities... Just like a good lawyer

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by alternateuniverse

Biden:

The one time Raddatz confronted Biden, it was to ask him to elaborate on what he meant by "a bunch of stuff" in attacking Ryan's honesty--setting Biden up to elaborate. That sole question is cited by Huffington Post as evidence of Raddatz's even-handedness.

Ryan:

Attack #1: Holding Ryan and Romney, not Biden or Obama, accountable for Libya statements.

Attack #2: Asking Ryan--and only Ryan--to respond to American misdeeds in war.

Attack #3: Asking what the Romney/Ryan team would do, but not Obama/Biden, about Iran.

Attack #4: Asking Ryan specific questions on unemployment, while letting Biden avoid them.

Attack #6: Attacking Ryan--and only Ryan--for past legislative stances,

Attack #7: Accusing Ryan of not offering "specifics"--and interrupting him:

Attack #8: Falsely accusing Ryan of wanting to add to the defense budget.

Attack #9: Asking Ryan, not Biden, about the implications of his stance on abortion.

Read More:
By the Numbers: Moderator Raddatz Attacked Ryan 9 Times, Biden Once by William Bigelow
www.breitbart.com...

Oh f'ing whaaa...your "boy"...literally...was about to cry. Do you think that is top shelf character?...do you think that is someone who might have to be the boss as being capable of being tough?...I don't...I think he showed he is a candy covered whimp. If Obama were to check out, at least Biden knows how to stick his chest out and be a man....Ryan doesn't...he is a wuss. Putin would slap the "boy" around like an eddie munster step child look alike. Ryan failed...he is a wimp...he can never be trusted with power..../tme to move along...it's over...repubs lost...wake up sheep....you buncha idjets....cause in the big picture...no one cares anyway.

Ryan lost....Romney will lose next debate....we will have Obama again for 4 years....time to drop the republicans and embrace the only party capable of defeating the Dems....and that is us....the Libertarians....
edit on 10/13/2012 by Jeremiah65 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 04:02 PM
link   
Hey, Hey Hey

edit on 13-10-2012 by campanionator because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 04:04 PM
link   
reply to post by MrXYZ

Yes...because we all know ex-wives of former classmates loooooove to help out their former husband's friends  

So if I told you the final presidential debate was being done by FOX and Sean Hannity was the moderator you wouldn't have a problem, right?

You know damn well those saying the Martha thing is no big deal would be crying the loudest about how 'unfair' that is, even though Romney never attended Hannity's wedding or hired Hannity's wife to head the FCC. It's so obvious you're carrying their water for them.

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 04:08 PM
link   
reply to post by campanionator

Biden 17 Debate Pinocchios

You are very _______________ to defend the man who just yesterday said Planned Parenthood can not by law provide abortion. Where has he been since the 1970's? They are the largest abortion providers in the U.S.

Joe Biden Says Under Law Planned Parenthood Cannot Perform Abortions

edit on 10/13/2012 by sad_eyed_lady because: (no reason given)

Make that 19 Pinocchio's:
Catholic Bishops: Biden Misrepresented HHS Mandate in Debate
www.lifenews.com...

Biden Claims He Voted Against Afghanistan, Iraq Wars
freebeacon.com...

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by seabag
reply to post by promenion

i can't decide on who to vote on, can someone answer this to me please? 

1-want to pay less taxes if your in the low/poor class making less than 40.000 a year

Romney

2-need health insurance in case of health problems/hospital that doesn't cost me $1000 a month+ (that basically covers a lot) and that health insurance cannot be denied to me nor can it drop me because I'm sick

Neither...

3-create more jobs and decrease cost of food

Romney

increase minimum wage

Obama

who should I vote for? 
thank you

The person who best represents your views. 

Thank you for replying. What matters to me the most is that my parents have health insurance, my dad was denied health insurance from one company because they basically said he goes to the doctor too much (3-4x a year) and had too much surgeries(one small on his foot and couple years ago hernia), he doesn't have insurance now because him and his wife together blue cross wanted about $1000 + you pay a lot for medicine etc.

What I want is for my parents to never be denied any health insurance when they are sick and I want those extreme costs to go down, it is absolutely tragic for them to pay over $1000 a month for something that doesn't even cover 60% of anything.

Is or will Obamacare do something about this, reason I may vote for Obama/Biden is because the healthcare in this country is abysmal when you compare it to other countries. At least Obama wants to change something and Romeny won't do nothing.

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by sad_eyed_lady
reply to post by campanionator

Biden 17 Debate Pinocchios

You are very _______________ to defend the man who just yesterday said Planned Parenthood can not by law provide abortion. Where has he been since the 1970's? They are the largest abortion providers in the U.S.

Joe Biden Says Under Law Planned Parenthood Cannot Perform Abortions

So what did he say on either side of that 7 seconds?

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 04:11 PM
link   

reply to post by jheated5

I don't care who won the debate because I don't support either candidate so I couldn't care less what empty promises their VPs were selling....

Translation - I don't like either guy so I'm just going to let everyone else decide my future for me. 

At some level you have to see the direction our country is headed under Obama. Do you want more of the same?? I'm voting AGAINST Obama more than FOR Romney because any fool can see his complete failure and lack of leadership. It's time to give someone (anyone) else a shot.  

I know a few people who have decided to let their boots do their talking for them, and have left the country...I know others are prepping for the economic collapse, so they are doing the best they can, lesser of two evils have gotten us where we are today.

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 04:13 PM
link   
I'd say vote for Obama/Biden then. He represents you better.

Originally posted by promenion

reply to post by promenion

i can't decide on who to vote on, can someone answer this to me please? 

1-want to pay less taxes if your in the low/poor class making less than 40.000 a year

Romney

2-need health insurance in case of health problems/hospital that doesn't cost me $1000 a month+ (that basically covers a lot) and that health insurance cannot be denied to me nor can it drop me because I'm sick

Neither...

3-create more jobs and decrease cost of food

Romney

increase minimum wage

Obama

who should I vote for? 
thank you

The person who best represents your views. 

Thank you for replying. What matters to me the most is that my parents have health insurance, my dad was denied health insurance from one company because they basically said he goes to the doctor too much (3-4x a year) and had too much surgeries(one small on his foot and couple years ago hernia), he doesn't have insurance now because him and his wife together blue cross wanted about $1000 + you pay a lot for medicine etc.

What I want is for my parents to never be denied any health insurance when they are sick and I want those extreme costs to go down, it is absolutely tragic for them to pay over $1000 a month for something that doesn't even cover 60% of anything.

Is or will Obamacare do something about this, reason I may vote for Obama/Biden is because the healthcare in this country is abysmal when you compare it to other countries. At least Obama wants to change something and Romeny won't do nothing.

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 04:14 PM
link   

reply to post by cconn487

Scary that foxnews had the most viewers. I feel bad so many are fed such lackluster "news".

FOX has been in the lead for years! They're number one because they're the only ones serving a different flavor of Kool Aid. Besides, if it wasn't for FOX throwing up the BS flag Obama would have already been crowned emperor and granted lifetime rule. You should be thankful...then again, you probably don't see a problem with that.

Fox = Republican backers
CNN = Democrat backers

Neither is a source of engaging news. They have their own political affiliations and have no substance besides what gets signed off as newsworthy.
edit on 13-10-2012 by cconn487 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 04:14 PM
link   
Many Americans seemly can't tell the difference between a guy talking bullcrap and a guy talking sense. Of course Biden was laughing only a fool wouldn't listening to Ryan talk.

How many times did Biden catch him on on stuff and showed Ryan to be a liar. This is the reason Biden beat Ryan. Biden came with "facts" Ryan came with nonsense, that only fools and uneducated people would believe in.

Honestly do you really want another 4 years of Bush again, but worse this time round? This is what America will get with a Romney/ Ryan win.
edit on 13-10-2012 by P12SOLD because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 04:19 PM
link   
reply to post by jheated5

Support the guy who I don't like even though I don't support his positions, I just want to get the other guy out.....

I said I'm voting more against Obama than for Romney. I didn't say I don't support many of his positions. I support NONE of Obama's positions (except his exportation of illegals). 

People wonder why this country is in the crapper, look no further than the American sheeple being lead by their handlers..... Good on your guys for standing up for what is true and just in this country, oh wait.......

So your lack of effort and refusal to vote is your idea of "standing up for what is true and just"??

I'd hate to see what your definition of doing nothing is.

Pathetic people breed a pathetic government, you want to blame the countries problems on the POTUS, next time you people need to take a good long look in the mirror!!!

So voters are to blame for the economy; for the lack of leadership in the ME; for the high unemployment??  

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 04:19 PM
link   
reply to post by PurpleChiten

Biden looked like an old man that got lost on the way to the debate and was looking for directions to get home.

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by girlofmountain1
reply to post by PurpleChiten

Biden looked like an old man that got lost on the way to the debate and was looking for directions to get home.

Then on his way home he kicked the crap out of a snot nosed kid named Paul Ryan

new topics

top topics

<< 46  47  48    50  51  52 >>

join