It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Vice Presidential Debate Discussion Thread

page: 29
<< 26  27  28    30  31  32 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 11:48 PM
link   
reply to post by gangdumstyle

We've just had 4 years of smirk and jerk. Oh, I mean Obama and Biden.

Time for some. . . . hope and change!

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 11:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by HostileApostle

You have you saying Biden didn't give any specifics, you have Wrabbit saying he gave too many absolute specifics. You guys need to huddle up and get your talking points in order.

So give me one... What are they going to do to fix the economy?

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 11:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Phoenix

And who pay the bill for the insurance policy?

Do you know how employer sponsored insurance policies work? The employer picks and chooses what they want covered.

So if a religious institution doesn't want contraception, they choose to not include it in their plan. However, all insurance companies are required to provide free contraception to those individuals that request it.

Nice try, but this has all been worked out and resolved, despite what Republicans tell you.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 11:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xtrozero

You have you saying Biden didn't give any specifics, you have Wrabbit saying he gave too many absolute specifics. You guys need to huddle up and get your talking points in order.

We will be out of Afganistan by 2014.

oops, I only read the first part of "give me one".

For the economy, that is simple, they already have a solution ready to pass. The jobs bill, Republicans won't pass that. That is their very specific plan. And Biden talked about that in the debate and made it clear that will help the economy.

So you got a two for one there.

So now you tell me, what is Romney/Ryan's plan?
edit on 11-10-2012 by HostileApostle because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 11:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by gangdumstyle
reply to post by beezzer

Ryans sexy and he knows it. Biden couldn't quit laighing at him wonder biden does that weird smirk and jerk whens he is having relations with his wife hmmm

Gee thanks, Beezer, now I feel like puking.

sad eyed lady dry heaving over her waste can

edit on 10/11/2012 by sad_eyed_lady because: (no reason given)

link   

what happen to Guantanamo? That was a big lie biden gave

link   
reply to post by KeliOnyx

Still don't see the difference between the two, but I sure know who was spiking the football:

Gm is alive and Bin Laden is dead the current fearless leader killed Bin Laden all by his lonesome.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 11:52 PM
link   

Just like Vietnam!

*bazinga!*

Have fun everyone, off to work!

edit on 11-10-2012 by beezzer because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 11:53 PM
link   
reply to post by HostileApostle

Of course, what you write is entirely up to you, but I would have preferred to see you answer Xtrozero's question. Why do you think Wrabbit2000 and Xtrozero have to have the same position? And do they have different positions? Could there be misinterpretation here?

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 11:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by PatrickGarrow17

A nice quote, that can apply to either side.

I agree..but you are missing the main point...

OBAMA IS THE PRESIDENT, so who should get the blame? How can Biden keep blaming Romney for things THEY did and Romney wasn't even in an office. Are they blaming him for when he was Governor?

Another thing... OBAMA had Congress for the first two years..able to pass everything he wanted...and so it is Ryan's fault too...lol come on

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 11:54 PM
link   

reply to post by Phoenix

And who pay the bill for the insurance policy?

Do you know how employer sponsored insurance policies work? The employer picks and chooses what they want covered.

So if a religious institution doesn't want contraception, they choose to not include it in their plan. However, all insurance companies are required to provide free contraception to those individuals that request it.

Nice try, but this has all been worked out and resolved, despite what Republicans tell you.

Wait, stop the train! and who required insurance companies to require that all encompassing coverage? The institutions you refer to have had to resort to lawsuits to defend their first amendment rights as news stories after Obamacare was passed detail.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 11:56 PM
link   
Who won?
www.suntimes.com...

Just found the above link a few moments ago.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 11:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Phoenix

Religious institutions do not have the right to tell insurance companies what they can and can not cover.

But the government does.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 11:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by PatrickGarrow17

A nice quote, that can apply to either side.

I agree..but you are missing the main point...

OBAMA IS THE PRESIDENT, so who should get the blame? How can Biden keep blaming Romney for things THEY did and Romney wasn't even in an office. Are they blaming him for when he was Governor?

Another thing... OBAMA had Congress for the first two years..able to pass everything he wanted...and so it is Ryan's fault too...lol come on

Bet it Romney/Ryans fault not even a democrat majority would pass Obamas budget either, 2 years of absolute control of all levers and even his own party would not pass it!

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 12:01 AM
link   

reply to post by Phoenix

Religious institutions do not have the right to tell insurance companies what they can and can not cover.

But the government does.

Thats the real problem here, reminds me of a communist command economy where the consumer has no say in the real needs because it DICTATED by government out of control.

Choice, thats a word you like right, bet you use it often, let us have our choice and butt the hell out of others lives, business and financial affairs, tend to you own instead of coveting! Choice for you is ruling dictatorial over others.

Actually right here right now you have done an excellent job of boiling down my opposition to people with ideas like you, its individuals be damned, great and all powerful government rules all - and you wonder why I argue. Statements such as quoted really drive the point home that individualism is under a major threat in this country by you collectivists and progressives.

edit on 12-10-2012 by Phoenix because: (no reason given)

edit on 12-10-2012 by Phoenix because: sp

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 12:03 AM
link   

reply to post by Phoenix

But the government does.

Actually if you've ever ever read our constitution, it says " congress shall make no law" I read that as niether for or against - do you disagree.

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 12:06 AM
link   

For the economy, that is simple, they already have a solution ready to pass. The jobs bill, Republicans won't pass that. That is their very specific plan. And Biden talked about that in the debate and made it clear that will help the economy.

There are quite a few democrats against it too.. Well after his almost TRILLION dollar failure you want to trust him with another 450 BILLION?

Parts of the bill actually had House bipartisan 405-16 vote in favor...but come on really?

A Harvard study showed his first failure cost the Government 200k for every job created...Wow!

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 12:07 AM
link   
Congrats on Romney winning the first debate
Congrats on Biden winning this debate.

Now, Next potus debate...this is where things start to become determined. Will Obama show up and give a disconnected stump speech again, or will he actually engage. This is not a let McCain go nuts and sink his own ship tactic that will work..this is a different person. That tactic won't work on Romney
Obama needs to step up. Bring back the debating style that he had with Hillary.

Either way, this campaign has become more interesting as of late. Was initially a slam dunk for Obama, which is a bit boring. A bit of tense nail biting does allow for a sweeter victory on either side. Also, no potus should feel -entitled- to a second term just on principle.

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 12:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Phoenix

2 years of absolute control of all levers and even his own party would not pass it!

They did not have two years of absolute control.

www.motherjones.com...

Well, let's at least get our history straight. Until Al Franken was sworn in on July 7, the Democratic caucus in the Senate stood at 59. After that it was technically up to 60, but Ted Kennedy hadn't cast a vote in months and was housebound due to illness. He died a few weeks later and was replaced by Paul Kirk on September 24, finally bringing the Democratic majority up to 60 in practice as well as theory. After that the Senate was in session for 11 weeks before taking its winter recess, followed by three weeks until Scott Brown won Kennedy's seat in the Massachusetts special election.

So that means Democrats had an effective filibuster-proof majority for about 14 weeks.

Obama had a filibuster proof Congress for a total of 14 weeks, not 2 years.

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 12:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Awen24

Finally. A person with a clear view.

Reading all of these comments, it seems that no matter what was said in the debate, most of you chose your team and were going to stick with it despite any facts. Who kicked who's ass is highly debatable, pardon the pun, because many of you decided before the first word who was going to be the victor. What's the use of the debates at all if we view this the same as we would a football team? This isn't sports, this is our country.
I didn't see a debate. Yes, I saw the smirking, the blinking, the nodding, etc.. I saw the appeal to emotional schmaltz, the blaming, the fingerpointing, but I didn't see much of a debate.
The moderator just loosed the dogs and let them fight. Perhaps it would be best in future for them to get a reliable, professional moderator and not just draw a name out of a fishbowl. Both moderators of the two debates floundered, got lost, and were soon overtaken by the speakers. It makes for high ratings, but it does very little to help inform the voting public on the issues.
I wish I would've listened via the radio first, before watching it on TV. Those that only listened cited Biden as winning, those that watched cited Ryan as winning. So much for 'kicking ass".

As to the Eddie Munster remarks, I'm sorry, but I find that unacceptable. I would also find it unacceptable to bring up Biden's plastic surgeries. I'll admit that the latter was voluntary, but I feel that harping on the appearance of a candidate is belittling. Also, as a Midwesterner, I was a bit offended. Our idea of what is attractive may involve more than having even, symmetric features.

new topics

top topics

<< 26  27  28    30  31  32 >>

join