It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Vice Presidential Debate Discussion Thread

page: 28
<< 25  26  27    29  30  31 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 11:27 PM
link   
reply to post by HostileApostle

That's the sort of things they resort to, when their party gets exposed.

Posting silly pictures, and whining about how the Moderator was biased. But hey, if you tell yourself a lie enough times. Eventually you're going to believe it.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 11:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Xtrozero

Biden actually blamed Ryan for what took place in Libya.

*shakes head*

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 11:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by HostileApostle

Specifics would be nice. It's going to be hard since Ryan didn't give any specifics.

Can you name one that Biden said? I would say Biden did a lot of blame game for Obama's failures and didn't go into a SINGLE thing they plan on doing the next four years.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 11:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Red Cloak

Originally posted by lynn112
reply to post by Red Cloak

Of all the posts in this thread and you pick the one line where I was joking around regarding the spike of undecided females when Ryan spoke? Seriously? Do you not have a sense of humor?

And yeah IMO, compared to Biden, Ryan is great looking.

Ryan is one of the creepiest looking people ever. Imagine Eddie Munster playing the Antichrist or a used car salesman in a cheap movie.

Yeah, sorry, but there is something seriously wrong with anyone that would say Ryan is in any way attractive. The guy is as creepy looking as they come.

There have been some good looking American male politicians before..Ronald Reagan, Dan Quayle come to mind, hell even the Just For Men looking Mitt Romney - Ryan is definitely not one of them. Sorry, but why should anyone take comments about someone so creepy looking as Ryan being attractive seriously?

As someone else said, the guy is like a soulless robot. It makes it seem like you are basing your these issues on the looks of the candidates, which is pathetic, and also incredibly odd, as Ryan is really goofy looking.

But hey, to each their own I guess, maybe that used car salesman thing that Ryan has going on works for you. Whatever floats your boat.

I have been polite through out this thread and I ask you to not suggest again that I am basing anything on the looks of the canidates. It is insulting and shows a lack of respect on your part. While you focus on one joke, you have simply ignored the later post where I was serious and discussed politely what my opinion was of the debate overall.

You have a right to your opinion and I respect that, but don't expect it to continue if you insist on the attitude and rudeness. Besides, the lack of manners does nothing to further the discussion and reflects poorly on you and any arguement you present.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 11:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Xtrozero

They blame EVERYTHING on other's

A nice quote, that can apply to either side.

One of the main issues with the current political situation: no acknowledgement of common ground, which there is much between the two parties. And, no self-accountability for failure, only politicizing spin.

ETA: Obama refuses to admit his economic failures have not been very successful, Romney avoids the truth that our lagging economy has roots in the Bush administration.

edit on 10/11/2012 by PatrickGarrow17 because: ETA

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 11:31 PM
link   

Obama screwed up last week, I'm fine admitting it. You should try it, be honest with yourself for once.

Well it’s cool to be humble now, huh? Take it how you can get it….I didn’t expect any of you to be honest about tonight’s fraud.

Of course Obama lost the last debate. Ryan got ambushed here and lost the debate. It doesn’t matter in the long run because the polls say Ryan won and the next 2 debate are going to require the Apologizer-in-Chief to explain his foreign policy! GOOD LUCK!!

edit on 11-10-2012 by seabag because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 11:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by milkyway12
Debate was 50/50. They both burned each other.

Both parties are idiots. The only reason I'm going for Romney is because of moral values and I agree with way less government.. The government is so inefficient it's disgraceful

Oh boy... Channeling money from Italy to Luxembourg and then on to some other exotic location to avoid paying taxes in any of those localities must be a paragon of moral behavior in your book. Romney's practices seem TOO CORRUPT TO ITALY, to the extent that he's declared persona non grata. I mean, the central lair of all mafia godfathers decides that Romney crossed the moral line. Get it?

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 11:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96

Miss the point that not all religious people accept the idea of contraception?

Does that totally escape them?

Again, you can repeat the lie all you want, it doesn't make it true.

No religious institution is paying for contraception if they don't want to.

Get debating tips from Biden?

Calling people liars is not conducive to a meaningful "debate".

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 11:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by P12SOLD
I watched the debate with millions of others. But its amazing to me the post reaction do Republicans live in an alternative reality to normal people. There nuts honestly "god" please take these people away before their madness effects more people.

Biden destroyed Ryan. Normal people who are not mentally challenged would realise that fact. Biden is a true leader .

Did you ever consider that every individual perceives reality from their own unique perspective?

Is this why people who follow Obama are called Obamabots - they are all the same in that they are unable to process anything that is not group think? You call this normal?

Biden's extreme overbearing, obnoxious behaviour and demeaning attitude towards Ryan would have embarrassed the snot out of me if I was considering voting for Obama. If those are the qualities of a winner, I'll take the loser anytime.

He performance and I do mean performance caused me to get physically ill. I would not be in the same room with him or let him near my kids or pets. He is a weird a$$ hole with a bad case of diarrhea of the mouth.

Apparently, even the MSM agrees with me.

Headlines on Drudge:

Chris Wallace: I've never seen a candidate as disrespectful as Biden...
Borger: Came Off As Condescending...
Hume: 'Cranky Old Man'...
Biden Interrupted Ryan 82 Times?

edit on 10/11/2012 by sad_eyed_lady because: add something

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 11:38 PM
link   
I believe biden.won. Ryan looked like a hot schoolboy

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 11:39 PM
link   

Religious institutions pay zero for contraception. The insurance companies pay for the contraception.

Again, straight up lie. Repeat it as much as you want, it doesn't make it true.

It's unfortunate that we see the word "lie" used so often, it robs it of it's force and dilutes it's true meaning. Especially unfortunate when it's used only to describe the other side's position in a debate.

Yes, it's true that insurance companies pay for contraception, but where does that money come from? From the premiums paid by churches, hospitals, schools, and charities.

Further, many charitable institutions "self-insure." In those cases the hospital, or whatever, is required to pay for contraception.

You see, it wasn't the "lie" you thought it was.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 11:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by gangdumstyle
I believe biden.won. Ryan looked like a hot schoolboy

That just means Ryan captured the "horny teacher" block.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 11:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by PatriotGames2

How will they pay for all that? Well, getting rid of some of those loopholes, deductions, and special deals, of course. Which ones you ask? Deductability of home mortgage interest, a whopping $99.8 bil dollars? Nope. Charitable contributions, which is $51.6 bil? Nope. The capital gains loophole - at $71.4 bil? Nope.

I really hate Obama/Biden and I'm trying not to hate Romney/Ryan more but they make it SO GOSH DARN HARD!

I wish they would all just go away.
edit on 11-10-2012 by PatriotGames2 because: (no reason given)

I hear you on frustration, the American political situation is FUBAR due to ALL special interests period! That includes your list of hits above and is the reason absulutely nothing changes - all is sacred to somebody. I was a good citizen and did not over do credit and actually paid my house and bills off so I dont have to consider crap like mortgage interest deductions that had me paying tens of thousands of dollars to a bank each year for a measely few thousand of income credit - that was a loss leader and quite stupid to boot when you think it through.

Capitol gains whether through interest or investment should be untouched as they really do drive personal savings and new business inovation which leads to jobs - if someone inherited or scrimped to get to that point I have no problem with it - somewhere someone had to work hard to get it - government can keep it grubby hands off.

Nobody has mentioned the current administrations limits and policy which virtually has done away with Medical Saving Accounts as a pretax deduction. I used to be able to hold high deductable medical insurance and pay deductable expense in pretax dollars for out of pocket expenses, no one has addressed that impact on the oh so precious middle class either.

What I heard from Biden is soak the rich, what I heard from Ryan is close loopholes on them, neither pays the current budget!

What I heard from Romney regarding taxes and expenditures last week was that he was only going to do what was revenue neutral - yup he did say to that effect.

The current administration has elicited no plan whatsoever to control goverment spending nor nor do anything about the deficit which is eroding my hard saved dollars.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 11:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by KeliOnyx
Mitt Romney shows who and what he is by his own stance a gutless turd that thinks it is ok for the American people to die for him and his views without any sacrifice on his part.

Wow..kind of harsh.. I guess Bill Clinton and Joe Biden are turds too....

You must have been in the military to have all that pent up rage against him...lol

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 11:44 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

That just means Ryan captured the "horny teacher" block.

You're right, which is bad news for Obama because I've heard that Florida teachers are super loose.

Debra Lafave Florida middle school teacher Debra Beasley Lafave, accused of having sex numerous times with a 14-year-old student, including once in a car while his 15-year-old cousin drove, sits at an Ocala, Fla., hearing in 2006. Young, bright, and beautiful - many were baffled that the 23-year-old newlywed threw it all away for her under-age victim.
www.cbsnews.com...

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 11:45 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Ryans sexy and he knows it. Biden couldn't quit laighing at him wonder biden does that weird smirk and jerk whens he is having relations with his wife hmmm

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 11:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96

Wanna try agian?

The Obama Administration boasted today about forcing religious institutions to cover free contraception to employees including abortion drugs. The president bragged about the law to a St. Louis audience last year.

www.thegatewaypundit.com...

Religious institutions pay zero for contraception. The insurance companies pay for the contraception.

Again, straight up lie. Repeat it as much as you want, it doesn't make it true.

And who pay the bill for the insurance policy?

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 11:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phoenix

What I heard from Biden is soak the rich, what I heard from Ryan is close loopholes on them, neither pays the current budget!

What I heard from Romney regarding taxes and expenditures last week was that he was only going to do what was revenue neutral - yup he did say to that effect.

Ryan also said there isn't enough taxes to pay for it all even at 100% taxes... But they do say increase taxes can be gained through a thriving economy.

Romney does say he will cut Government spending...something Obama doesn't say and where our true problem lies.
edit on 11-10-2012 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 11:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xtrozero

Specifics would be nice. It's going to be hard since Ryan didn't give any specifics.

Can you name one that Biden said? I would say Biden did a lot of blame game for Obama's failures and didn't go into a SINGLE thing they plan on doing the next four years.

You have you saying Biden didn't give any specifics, you have Wrabbit saying he gave too many absolute specifics. You guys need to huddle up and get your talking points in order.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 11:48 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Like it or not serving in the military is not a requirement for the job. Commanding the military however is a requirement of the job. There is a vast difference between someone who was not part of a war generation that has an actual record of voting against going to war. And someone who thought it was perfectly okay for the peasant class to go fight one for him, while he got to stay home and live it up. Just to make this perfectly clear I had no issue with Clinton, I had no issue with Cheney or W and their deferments. I did have an issue the Bush/Cheney team trashing Kerry's war record while they themselves enjoyed deferments, but that is an entirely different issue.

There is an issue with Romney on this because not because of his deferments. The issue with Romney is taking deferments while happily and publicly advocating others die in his place. It just goes to show you his interest isn't in serving his country. It is in his country serving him. It shows in how he conducted his business, you know back when he was busy destroying companies and stealing peoples pensions out from under them because he could. Because in Mitt's world it is okay because he is Mitt and everyone else should suffer so he can have whatever he wants.

top topics

<< 25  26  27    29  30  31 >>

join