It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Vice Presidential Debate Discussion Thread

page: 26
<< 23  24  25    27  28  29 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 11:01 PM
link   
reply to post by HostileApostle

Because if Ryan did so good, and he beat Biden, why isn't the RIght blowing up twitter with praise for Ryan?

Do you remember the moderator interrupting Obama last week?

Do you remember the moderator interrupting Ryan tonight?

Did the moderator cut off Obama? How about Ryan?

I guess you’ll take a win however you can get it. Looks like desperation to me!

Look at the polls, Kool Aid drinker!

CNN Poll on debate winner: Ryan 48%, Biden 44%

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 11:01 PM
link   
Double

(edit to add)...yep. Ryan still won!

edit on 11-10-2012 by seabag because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 11:03 PM
link   
I thik we will see alot of chest thumping from the left.

Biden didn't suck, (like Obama) so they see that as a win.

After horrible domestic numbers, a miserable foreign policy illustration, a "draw" in a VP debate will be paraded around like Hannibal crossing the Alps.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 11:04 PM
link   
reply to post by queenannie38

I apologize for being off-topic, but I would like to address your comments about Social Security. Many people have a different impression from yours, and I thought I'd mention it while I had the chance. Basically, there is a Social Security trust fund only because they wrote it on the top of one of their ledger pages. There's no money there.

The answer is that the federal government has borrowed all of that trust fund money and spent it, exactly as Krauthammer asserted. And the only way the trust fund can get some cash to pay Social Security benefits is if the federal government draws it from general revenues or borrows the money

www.forbes.com...

I realize and accept that the government has a variety of revenue sources, including FICA taxes, and a variety of expenditures, including Social Security benefits. There is -- and never has been -- any real link between our Social Security benefits and the FICA taxes that we pay. What the Social Security trust fund does represent is a legal obligation for our government to repay the principal and interest on the special bonds in the trust fund. I have faith that these bonds will be honored -- provided that future generations can afford to repay the bonds. (emphasis added)

www.cbsnews.com... And, finally, from the Social Security Administration itself:

The last 5 Trustees Reports have indicated that Social Security's Old-Age, Survivors, and Disability Insurance (OASDI) Trust Funds would become exhausted between 2036 and 2041 under the intermediate set of economic and demographic assumptions provided in each report. If no legislative change is enacted, scheduled tax revenues will be sufficient to pay only about three fourths of the scheduled benefits after trust fund exhaustion.
Other reports are intdicating that it may happen by 2031.
www.ssa.gov...

Returning you now to our post-debate debate.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 11:07 PM
link   
Debate was 50/50. They both burned each other.

Both parties are idiots. The only reason I'm going for Romney is because of moral values and I agree with way less government.. The government is so inefficient it's disgraceful.
edit on 11-10-2012 by milkyway12 because: (no reason given)

link   

Originally posted by HostileApostle

I'm pretty sure you can find my opinion in this thread well before I posted that tweet.

Ryan got a beat down tonight, that's just the facts.

One part that made me laugh was when everytime Biden got stuck in his words and didn't know where to end his rants, he would blurt out..... 47%!! Like it was some form of Tourette's syndrome.

edit on 11-10-2012 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

link   

Originally posted by beezzer
I thik we will see alot of chest thumping from the left.

Biden didn't suck, (like Obama) so they see that as a win.

After horrible domestic numbers, a miserable foreign policy illustration, a "draw" in a VP debate will be paraded around like Hannibal crossing the Alps.

I was blinded by Bidens pearly whites gotta learn braille now

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 11:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by PatrickGarrow17
reply to post by alternateuniverse

twitter frowns on Joe Biden's laugh By PATRICK GAVIN

As another Patrick Ga, I feel the need to comment on this.

Biden's smiles and laughter were obnoxious. It is a good thing he won the substance aspect. If it weren't for his out of control body language, he'd have won this debate by a margin similar to Romney in debate #1.

It also frustrates me how much body language and tendancies like this influence how candidates are viewed. It's all about policy, in reality.
edit on 10/11/2012 by PatrickGarrow17 because: (no reason given)

I would have laughed at all the lies myself.
edit on 11-10-2012 by campanionator because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 11:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by seabag
reply to post by HostileApostle

Because if Ryan did so good, and he beat Biden, why isn't the RIght blowing up twitter with praise for Ryan?

Do you remember the moderator interrupting Obama last week?

Do you remember the moderator interrupting Ryan tonight?

Did the moderator cut off Obama? How about Ryan?

So you are just going to cry about the moderator?

Why can't you come up with a positive about Ryan's performance?

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 11:09 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 11:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96

His hair plugs are looking better though... But dude those teeth..wow!

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 11:10 PM
link   
It's quite telling witnessing the partisan bickering in the microcosm that is ATS.

People just repeat their point over and over. I feel embarrassed for some of you. Almost as embarrassed as watching Biden and Ryan try and play honest. I had to look away. I cannot believe people thought Ryan's closing statement was sincere... Unbelievable! These guys are disgustingly fake.

When everyone is concentrated on how 'rude' one contestant was - that makes a statement.

Someone was asking for a Ryan fact check, here is one:

Debate fact check

9:50 — Tax plan adds up? Asked by the moderator if he can “guarantee” that Mitt Romney’s tax plan adds up, Ryan says, “Six studies have verified this plan adds up.” Among the “studies” that included in that figure are two op-eds and white papers written by the campaign or economists connected to the campaign. The most comprehensive and well-respected study done so far from the nonpartisan Tax Policy Center finds that the numbers do not add up. Not by a long shot.

The Daily Show, as usual, did a great job of illustrating the Republican stance this election a couple nights ago. They are promising everything INCLUDING the kitchen sink and telling us we won't have to pay for it. No change for health care for seniors or those nearing retirement. Keep training programs. No change to Social Security for retired/nearing retirement. Increase military budget, building new submarines. Lowering tax rates for all Americans across the board 20%. Repeal Obamacare, which will actually end up costing us money. news.yahoo.com... e-repeal-widen-deficit-109-billion-says-194408630.html Keep pre-existing conditions, allowing families to cover children for as long as they'd like.

How will they pay for all that? Well, getting rid of some of those loopholes, deductions, and special deals, of course. Which ones you ask? Deductability of home mortgage interest, a whopping $99.8 bil dollars? Nope. Charitable contributions, which is $51.6 bil? Nope. The capital gains loophole - at $71.4 bil? Nope.

I really hate Obama/Biden and I'm trying not to hate Romney/Ryan more but they make it SO GOSH DARN HARD!

I wish they would all just go away.
edit on 11-10-2012 by PatriotGames2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 11:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xtrozero

Originally posted by neo96

His hair plugs are looking better though... But dude those teeth..wow!

Become the vice president of the us and you to can have those pearly whites, but no worries they are free the taxpayer gets sent the bill,

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 11:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by milkyway12
Debate was 50/50. They both burned each other.

Both parties are idiots. The only reason I'm going for Romney is because of moral values and I agree with way less government.. The government is so inefficient it's disgraceful.

Moral VALUES?!

Moral values as in investing in fetus disposing companies?

Less Government?

Less Government as in imposing your moral values onto others who do not share the same beliefs?

Give me a break dude

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 11:12 PM
link   
reply to post by muse7

Yeah!

Like forcing churches to pay for birth control pills, and kill lists, and drones killing American citizens overseas!!!

As if the left has "moral superiority" over anyone in this country!

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 11:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by seabag
Double

(edit to add)...yep. Ryan still won!

edit on 11-10-2012 by seabag because: (no reason given)

Ryan won!

In your dreams

link   
Almost a decade ago it was detailed where Iran conducted implosion experiments successfully on steel balls at a test stand at one of their weapons testing sites, that folks really is the main threshold or limit to making a uranium based atomic bomb - sure theres some details about certain elements composing the core but those were passed along by Mr Khan out of Pakistan. If you can take a softball sized steel ball and implode down to marble size then you can easily make an atomic bomb having the fissile material available. It is plausible that parallel Iranian military efforts are being made to produce Plutonium which only needs to be assembled to a critical mass to explode. The science of doing these are well understood, it the engineering that limits this to nation states right now.

Joe's discounting of Irans capability was flagrant.

link   

Originally posted by lynn112
reply to post by Red Cloak

Of all the posts in this thread and you pick the one line where I was joking around regarding the spike of undecided females when Ryan spoke? Seriously? Do you not have a sense of humor?

And yeah IMO, compared to Biden, Ryan is great looking.

Ryan is one of the creepiest looking people ever. Imagine Eddie Munster playing the Antichrist or a used car salesman in a cheap movie.

Yeah, sorry, but there is something seriously wrong with anyone that would say Ryan is in any way attractive. The guy is as creepy looking as they come.

There have been some good looking American male politicians before..Ronald Reagan, Dan Quayle come to mind, hell even the Just For Men looking Mitt Romney - Ryan is definitely not one of them. Sorry, but why should anyone take comments about someone so creepy looking as Ryan being attractive seriously?

As someone else said, the guy is like a soulless robot. It makes it seem like you are basing your views on these issues on the looks of the candidates, which is pathetic, and also incredibly odd, as Ryan is really goofy looking.

But hey, to each their own I guess, maybe that used car salesman thing that Ryan has going on works for you. Whatever floats your boat.
edit on 11-10-2012 by Red Cloak because: (no reason given)

link   
reply to post by muse7

What? If that is your way of trying to provide information you just told me the grass is purple because I don't agree with you that it is green.

Good talk.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 11:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer

Originally posted by loam
reply to post by beezzer

The net effect will be all eyes on the actual presidential candidates next week.

Everyone will have fogotten about the two we saw tonight.

Next week's debate will be on foreign policy.

Romney could do a crossword puzzle and not say a word and still win against Obama.
(sorry, partisan-me
)

Yeah cuz you know the guy I want in charge of the military is the draft dodger that vacationed in France in between protests for the war and draft of his generation. Even in his early days Mitt Romney for and against an issue.

new topics

top topics

<< 23  24  25    27  28  29 >>

join