It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Vice Presidential Debate Discussion Thread

page: 25
<< 22  23  24    26  27  28 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 10:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Time2Think

What was Biden lying about exactly? Please give some examples. I'd like to read through them.

I’ll make a thread and outline them when I see the transcript….I’ll give you two now though.

Biden said, right at the beginning, that Obama is a president “that’s gone out and done everything he said he’d do” which OBVIOUSLY is a lie. He also doubled down on the LIE that a YouTube video was to blame for Benghazi. The White House has already admitted there was NO intelligence report about a video!

This guy is full of bullspit and he’s simply towing the party line.

edit on 11-10-2012 by seabag because: (no reason given)

link   

Originally posted by buddhasystem

Originally posted by beezzer
So you're saying that Ryan is more of a regular person and Biden and his ilk are not?

A "regular" person does not qualify for the highest office in the world. Sarah Palin was so regular she almost made me puke. Sometimes we need some talent up there, you know?

Yeah, that "talent" has done so well for us in the past 2 decades.

link   
reply to post by METACOMET

Worst moderated debate I've ever seen. Just awful.

I take it you missed the first presidential debate last week? Moderated by Jim Lehrer?

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 10:48 PM
link   
Anyone notice the extreme eye blinking Biden began doing when his turn on abortion came along and he started tap dancing verbally around his religious beliefs vs politics? rapid eye blinking is a sign of someone not believing what they are saying - in otherwords not being truthful.

No where else in the debate was this noticed during my viewing anyone else?

My take on debate is this, if one is shallow on knowledge and nuance then Biden would be winner just on well honed and practiced bluster - lot o hot air makes for winner? Typical Biden tonight with foot out of mouth.

Ryan was earnest but too polite to moderator cut offs and rapid change of subject just as he was to get to meat of matters on occasion - that was a moderator disservice to the public.

Moderator needed to tell Joe to STFU and did not when he continually interrupted Ryans answers. I think much more could have been had in this debate if Radditz manned up.

Joe trotted out several discredited points such as the 5 trillion revenue issue and used tried and true scare tactics on medicare / social security which are lame and really just looked ignorant about the Libyan situation. Saving GM is also not something I'd brag about right now - taxpayers are on hook for 50 billion + on that one, lets see based on 200,000 jos Joe said were saved thats $250,000 per job footed by taxpaying Americans. Worse yet thats borrowed money that'll cost much more per job when the bill comes due.

Ryan when challenged about "exact" details on tax policy could have done a home run by mentioning Nancy Pelosi and her comment about passing it before you see it regards Obamacare which Joe had the deciding vote on as VP or could have mentioned same about stimulus spending which ultimately only benefitted big banks and wall street because it was open ended with no specific details - missed chance there.

edit on 11-10-2012 by Phoenix because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 10:48 PM
link   
Across the nation millions of eyes glazed over when Biden & Ryan started throwing around numbers like millions and billions when talking about medicare & social security. Neither party has a real solution to these massive programs that are hanging like a mill stone around our and our children;s necks. I didn't hear any bold plans, just two men tickling the ears of old people so they could get their votes. Meanwhile this country falls further into debt and fiscal catastrophe.
At this point I don't think it matters who you vote for.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 10:49 PM
link   
I watched the debate with millions of others. But its amazing to me the post reaction do Republicans live in an alternative reality to normal people. There nuts honestly "god" please take these people away before their madness effects more people.

Biden destroyed Ryan. Normal people who are not mentally challenged would realise that fact. Biden is a true leader .

link   

link   
I thought they both sucked. First you've got Biden blaming intelligence for the botched Lybia story, then not 3 minutes later he said the very same intelligence is gonna let us know exactly when Iran is ready to produce nuclear weapons. How can we trust these people when they initially blamed a terrorist attack on a protest that hadn't even started yet?
Then you've got Ryan dodging every question thrown at him that dealt with numbers. Just like Romney, these guys make huge promises, but give no specifics on just what it is they're going to cut.

I say either way we are screwed. Our politics and our country have evolved into one big disorganized mess. We the People no longer have a voice. I say we take a break from this business as usual approach and try something new. How about a special emergency vote in which we (the people) vote on all these federal issues that our 2 party system is gridlocked over? I'd rather vote directly on an issue that is going to effect my life than vote for a person that I have to trust to vote the same way as me.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 10:51 PM
link   
After Bidens "performance" tonite really scary thought he is one step away from the nuclear football.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 10:52 PM
link   
Since all the Romney supporters were so interested about Bill Maher's tweet last week about the first debate, I thought they might want to see one of his tweets about tonights debate.

twitter.com...

Hello 911? There's an old man beating a child on my TV

Fact: Bill Maher was one of the first to say Obama lost last week. It's called being honest. And here we have some more honesty from him.

Biden dominated Ryan tonight, that is why the right is focusing on the moderator and Biden being "rude".
edit on 11-10-2012 by HostileApostle because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 10:52 PM
link   
Twitter on fire because of "Biden Smile."

Twitter frowns on Joe Biden's laugh By PATRICK GAVIN | 10/11/12 9:56 PM EDT Updated: 10/11/12 10:28 PM EDT

Washington Examiner’s Philip Klein: “Biden’s strategy seems to be to laugh at Ryan constantly. Will it work to infantalize Ryan, or backfire like Gore sighing?”

NBC’s David Gregory: “Biden’s smile is out of control.”

ABC’s Rick Klein: “Biden on verge of breaking down in laughter when Ryan talks.”

BuzzFeed’s Ben Smith: “So did Biden practice laughing at Ryan???”

Radio host Neal Boortz: “Looking like Biden’s gameplan is to laugh his way through this.”

Townhall.com’s Guy Benson: “Will Biden laugh his ass off at the terrible economy, too?”

MSNBC’s S.E. Cupp: “Biden needs to laugh a little less through the Libya, Middle East, nuclear Iran segment.”

Movie critic Roger Ebert: “Joe! Stop smiling and laughing!”

Read Even More:
www.politico.com...

edit on 11-10-2012 by alternateuniverse because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 10:53 PM
link   
reply to post by alternateuniverse

Yeah Biden has been practicing that attack for the past 5 days.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 10:55 PM
link   

Twitter on fire, from Republicans.

They are trying to bash Biden because they know Ryan sucked it big time.

Because if Ryan did so good, and he beat Biden, why isn't the RIght blowing up twitter with praise for Ryan?

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 10:55 PM
link   
reply to post by HostileApostle

Biden dominated Ryan tonight, that is why the right is focusing on the moderator and Biden being "rude".

So Maher has that opinion and you suspend your own opinion? Typical!

Do you have any intellectual honesty? Maybe you didn’t watch and instead have to be told what to think.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 10:56 PM
link   

twitter frowns on Joe Biden's laugh By PATRICK GAVIN

As another Patrick Ga, I feel the need to comment on this.

Biden's smiles and laughter were obnoxious. It is a good thing he won the substance aspect. If it weren't for his out of control body language, he'd have won this debate by a margin similar to Romney in debate #1.

It also frustrates me how much body language and tendancies like this influence how candidates are viewed. It's all about policy, in reality.
edit on 10/11/2012 by PatrickGarrow17 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 10:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Red Cloak

Of all the posts in this thread and you pick the one line where I was joking around regarding the spike of undecided females when Ryan spoke? Seriously? Do you not have a sense of humor?

And yeah IMO, compared to Biden, Ryan is great looking.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 10:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by HostileApostle
reply to post by BlueAjah

It's my honest opinion.

I'm not asking you to like it.

Nothing has changed in the past week about Romney or Obama. Nothing has changed about what they support or what their plans are.

So I'm sorry it took you so long to figure out what their positions are and what you support, but for most people they already know what they support.

It's not a partisan thing, it's a common sense thing.

I will continue to believe that "undecides" past the primaries are idiots, and it sucks that our country is at the mercy of these people that can't figure out what people stand for and what positions they support.

And you said it, politicians have to "woo" undecideds, not because they are smart people, but because they are easily swayed because they really are clueless about politics. That is why stupid things like "Obama is a muslim" influences these people.

Sorry, I will never buy that "undecideds" are deeply discerning people. I see them as easily swayed and easily manipulated, uninformed people who are have turned elections into American Idol.

You are welcome to your opinion.

But you are generalizing again, and being unfair. I for one have never been baited into meaningless discussions about which candidate is which religion or what the latest propaganda is (which is what totally turned me off from one thread in this forum last night that should have otherwise been a serious discussion.) But in each election I carefully take my time and try to make the best decision based on what I know to be facts.

We will all understand others more if we learn to acknowledge that each person has their own strengths and weaknesses, and not lump people into a narrow view of what they "must" be like, just because one has has decided that "all" people in a certain group must be a certain way.

To go back on topic:
The debates are one thing that is intended to educate those who have not yet made up their mind. It probably has little affect on partisan voters.

I know you have your mind made up about undecideds, but it never hurts to hear a different point of view

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 10:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by seabag
reply to post by HostileApostle

So Maher has that opinion and you suspend your own opinion? Typical!

Do you have any intellectual honesty? Maybe you didn’t watch and instead have to be told what to think.

I'm pretty sure you can find my opinion in this thread well before I posted that tweet.

Ryan got a beat down tonight, that's just the facts.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 10:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ben81
So many Right and Left on ATS
this thread show the true colors of many members

i have a message for the people voting for Romney and Ryan ..

ARE YOU GUYS LIVING ON MARS OR WHAT ????

We are on Earth here .. wake the hell up

Sadly, most people still seem to believe that this stuff is real...........

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 10:59 PM
link   
reply to post by BlueAjah

So are you willing to tell everybody what happened last week that made up your mind?

And who did you decide to support and for what reasons?

new topics

top topics

<< 22  23  24    26  27  28 >>

join