It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Vice Presidential Debate Discussion Thread

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 07:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Destinyone

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
reply to post by Destinyone

This is what I predict zaps him. He'll be like a University student who spent a week up without sleep, cramming for finals.

How many people have been like that and..how good are ya on focus and effective depth to arguments?

He's probably washing down his ritalin with a scotch and water to calm his nerves right about now......

Des
As long as he didn't start the unoffocial debate beer bash ahead of the debate, he'll at least be coherent. I love that image though... Toss some Ritalin back for nerves...

That makes me think of Beavis and Butthead when he vibrates with caffeine high. Hail to the Vice Gaffer! I can't wait.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 07:52 PM
link   
Tonight's format...

abcnews.com

DANVILLE, Ky. — Tonight’s one and only vice presidential debate will look and feel a little different than last week’s first presidential debate.
Like the presidential debates, tonight’s debate will last 90 minutes and will not have any commercial breaks. ABC News’ Martha Raddatz will be the only moderator, and she alone has developed and will ask the questions – without consultation with either campaign.
Unlike last week, Vice President Joe Biden and Rep. Paul Ryan will be seated, next to each other and at the same table as Raddatz. The look will be similar to the vice presidential debates of 2000 and 2004, though not 2008, when Biden and Gov. Sarah Palin stood behind podiums.
Another difference will be format. Tonight’s debate will be roughly evenly split between foreign and domestic topics. Last week’s debate was domestic only; there will be a with a town-hall format and a foreign-policy debate to follow over the next two weeks.
And while Jim Lehrer moderated a debate broken into six 15-minute segments, Raddatz’s debate will be broken into nine 10-minute segments.

Hoping for a competitive debate on issues without the cheap shots..

edit on Thu, 11 Oct 2012 19:53:15 -0500 by JacKatMtn because: bbcode and snip too much ex content

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 07:54 PM
link   
I don't think a lot of people are giving Joe as much respect as they should.

I'm thinking Republicans are thinking Joe is some buffoon who isn't very smart, but I think a lot of people are going to be surprised.

The one thing I keep hearing is that Ryan will use lots of facts and numbers because that is what he is comfortable, but I don't think those are going to be facts and numbers supporting Romney's policies, probably just a lot about unemployment, wages, gas prices, etc.

In short, I don't expect to hear anything substantial from Ryan about Romney's plans. Just more anti-Obama propaganda.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 07:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Destinyone

One thing I wonder...what did Obama say to Biden when he was coaching him

Obama said to Biden, "Mess this up, and YOUR FIRED"!!!!

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 07:55 PM
link   
reply to post by JacKatMtn

Vice President Joe Biden and Rep. Paul Ryan will be seated, next to each other and at the same table as Raddatz.

That sucks, expect a dry boring debate.

When they sit down, the energy in debates become very very low and subdue.

I really really hate sitting debates.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 07:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by HostileApostle
I don't think a lot of people are giving Joe as much respect as they should.

Its alright bud.
All the Romney supporters are like kids at a Birthday Party, their excited to see their clown, Lyin Ryan perform.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 07:58 PM
link   
I think Biden's main agenda tonight will be to, at all costs, keep the heat off Obama.

Many people think that all those recent Biden gaffes were just to keep Obama's failures in a dimmer light.

If Biden gets trapped, Obama will be in hotter water than he is already !

This debate is all about Obama IMO

link   

Originally posted by sheepslayer247
Does anyone have a good link for streaming the debate?

I'm still looking for a link/site for you...if anyone knows of one, please post for others who may not have access to cable. TY.

Des

link   
reply to post by HostileApostle

A show I'd seen a couple days ago said the Reagan campaign in 1984 argued the distance between podiums for an insanely long period of time...and the mic height..and podium height..and and and. Everything is so scripted..it's just not fun unless one really screws up and goes off expectations.
We can hope for some excitement though!

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 07:59 PM
link   
reply to post by HostileApostle

Maybe one of the networks will have a below the table cam, to catch them kicking each other in the shins

We shall see how it goes, less than 2 minutes..

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 08:00 PM
link   
The Obama campaign's future hinges on Bidens performance!

That says everything bout the last 4 years.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 08:01 PM
link   
I came here to find a live feed and some intelligent conversation about the debate. Two pages in and all we have is a high school locker room circle jerk where they bash the fat kid!

Little do they know, the fat kid is smarter then them!

Now can we discuss the debate or are we going to keep talking about Biden and how y'all think he is poppin' pills?

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 08:02 PM
link   
Online stream sites info....

[exHow to Watch the Vice Presidential Debate Live Online:

The Commission on Presidential Debates will provide free online access of Thursday night's debate on AOL, YouTube andYahoo through its "Voice Of" portals.
YouTube will live-stream the debate, and the upcoming presidential debates, on both the Elections Hub and the ABC News YouTube channel. If you aren't able to watch, all of the coverage will be archived here on youtube.com/politics.
Xbox Live will provide live coverage of the Biden-Ryan debate on Election 2012. Participate with real-time polling and submit poll questions via Twitter using the hashtag #XboxPoll. If your question is selected, you will see real-time reactions from other Xbox LIVE members.
www.examiner.com...

link   
reply to post by sheepslayer247

Easy there this thread was started an hour ago the pre debate warm up.

link   

edit on 11-10-2012 by neo96 because: holy batman post overload.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 08:03 PM
link   

Here is a link to a Yahoo live stream.

news.yahoo.com...

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 08:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by HostileApostle

Here is a link to a Yahoo live stream.

news.yahoo.com...

Thank You!

Des

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 08:05 PM
link   
What is Ryan suddenly feeling the need to write? Can't they afford transcripts? ... Interesting tactic if that's what it is.. Hmm

link   
Thanks to you both!

Turning off the boob tube now.

link   
Biden couldn't even stay focused on the subject of the embassy attack. Lame-ass VP.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join