It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Vice Presidential Debate Discussion Thread

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 09:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by HostileApostle
reply to post by BlueAjah

Overall, I found Ryan more knowledgeable. I don't get that some think he did not answer the questions. I thought he clearly answered the questions, backed up by facts. I liked Ryan's responses better, but that is based on personal opinion because I personally agree with most of his statements.

Can you give me some of the specifics Ryan gave about his and Romney's plans?

Because Biden and the moderator asked for them multiple times and he flat out said they don't have them worked out yet.

Dood, this is what's always strike me about the Romney/Ryan team. They use simple words and concepts to race to the bottom of the common denominator of the dumb American public. When asked how they plan to implement XYZ, there is never a coherent answer. Romney mentioned North Korea a few times and how it is a problem. His solution? "To be strong". Like, what? Bomb the NK?

Get real. R/R are clowns, flip floppers and liars.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 09:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tw0Sides

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
some things tonight that killed the whole debate feel for me because the world was also watching this and statements have meaning
Romney : Ì would Put Iran on Notice`

Really, Ya think!
I'm really serious on this... The 2014 statement wasn't the least bit amusing. Hey, I love the plan and the fact it's 100% absolutely carved in stone ya know? I'd have loved it FAR MORE if I read that fact about policy in a recent history book coming out in 2016 or 2017....not when we have a very large number of troops and as many contractors in the field, in combat and very much still in a war there.

Like I said..I'm really just a bit distracted now. I hope not all of them in Afghanistan get the memo on this... (sigh)

la2

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 09:39 PM
link   
reply to post by loam

I agree, Joe Biden really lacks the likable factor, and I was impressed with Paul Ryan's closing speech, it was genuine and sincere.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 09:40 PM
link   
Bidens anger, laughing, smirking, his fist on his face almost the whole time,
it was heavy for him to carry Obamas water.
The as neo said pompous attitude of this man gave away
that he was loosing... Honestly can we honestly say we really want
Joe blow Biden to be second in command, hell no... He's a talking puppet.

Bidens dismissive laughs and condescending attitude proves he is not presidential
material.

Bidens demeanor was just piss poor

Ryan didn't act like that to biden.. Have some respect

Biden was a rude cranky old man tonight
edit on 11-10-2012 by popcornmafia because: (no reason given)

link   

Originally posted by loam
Five minutes after the debate and its clear many were were put off by Biden's approach.

Biden didn't close the deal with the undecideds, imo.

VP debates aren't about undecideds.

Sheesh, I already told you this once.

Few undecided at this point is informed enough to be swayed by the VPs.

Biden got the job done, he will fire up the base, and that is all that was needed after the first debate.

And people complaining about Biden's attitude just shows that they know that Ryan lost and they can only attack that Biden beat the crap of him too much.

link   

reply to post by neo96

We are on the same page on that.

I predict, however, that Biden hurt Obama more than Ryan hurt Romney.

Except for one thing - the VP has to be qualified to be POTUS..

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 09:41 PM
link   

reply to post by neo96

We are on the same page on that.

I predict, however, that Biden hurt Obama more than Ryan hurt Romney.
edit on 11-10-2012 by loam because: (no reason given)

Still on the same page with all the Biden gaffs for the past 4 years didn't really hurt the potus.

link   
Here is the big question...Did this debate change anyone's decision on who they are going to vote for?
I know that there are a lot of members who claim to take pride in the fact that they are independent and open minded.
edit on 10/11/2012 by Sparky63 because: spelling

link   

Originally posted by NewAgeMan
reply to post by Catacomb

You're right, to a degree, with the exception that Obama at the time, didn't come across as some sort of greedy opporunistic kid.

That is a personal view of your own, though. I think Ryan and Obama share a lot, to be honest. They are both opportunistic, as are all politicians. Those who aren't, stay local, not national. Greedy? You'd have to be more specific. Money, power? I think both are wealthy, and want more power.

link   

Originally posted by popcornmafia
Bidens anger, laughing, smirking, his fist on his face almost the whole time,
it was heavy for him to carry Obamas water.
The as neo said pompous attitude of this man gave away
that he was loosing... Honestly can we honestly say we really want
Joe blow Biden to be second in command, hell no... He's a talking puppet.

Bidens dismissive laughs and condescending attitude proves he is not presidential
material.

So then what does that say about Ryan? He got smoked by Biden!

la2

link   
for once i agree with fox news, Bidens smiling and laughing was quite off putting when in split screen

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 09:42 PM
link   
reply to post by buddhasystem

Dood, this is what's always strike me about the Romney/Ryan team. They use simple words and concepts to race to the bottom of the common denominator of the dumb American public. When asked how they plan to implement XYZ, there is never a coherent answer. Romney mentioned North Korea a few times and how it is a problem. His solution? "To be strong". Like, what? Bomb the NK?

Get real. R/R are clowns, flip floppers and liars.

Yes, Romney/Ryan knows their audience.

They are playing to the stupid and trying to baffle them with BS.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 09:42 PM
link   
Interesting comments I'm hearing about Ryan... He's come off as polite to many apparently.

Biden just may have really hurt himself on this.

Ironically, he could have taken this thing completely by simply being more statesman like against Ryan's inexperience.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 09:43 PM
link   
So, as I see it, it's now one victory for each party?

You know what that means right....

OBAMA VERSUS ROMNEY, STEEL CAGE MATCH, HARDCORE RULES... FOR THE STRAP AT THE NEXT WRESTLEMANIA!!!!!

The sad part, is I am being totally sarcastic, and yet totally accurate all at the same time.

I have decided... I'm voting for Vince McMahon. At least he knows how to run these types of organizations.

~Heff

link   

Originally posted by la2
reply to post by loam

I agree, Joe Biden really lacks the likable factor, and I was impressed with Paul Ryan's closing speech, it was genuine and sincere.

I have a few bridges I can sell you for a very low price.

link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

On your post about politicians talking in absolutes:

I'm only on page 9 of the thread right now, and haven't seen anyone say anything about Biden's reference to Grover Norquist. I was really excited to hear it, as I am pretty against Norquist's level of influence on American politics.

Pretty much every Republican signs themselves to such an absolute declaration by committing to Norquist's pledge. I have no problem with a congressman taking an anti-tax raise position, I do have a problem with signing yourself over to a lobbyist.

link   

Originally posted by la2
for once i agree with fox news, Bidens smiling and laughing was quite off putting when in split screen

Not for Dems.

Yes, for Republicans and Romney/Ryan supporters, they won't like Biden laughing at the ridiculous answers from Ryan.

But it's hard for Biden not to laugh at the kid when the kid is so lost in the details.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 09:44 PM
link   
reply to post by JacKatMtn

And thank you, sir.

Second.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 09:44 PM
link   

Interesting comments I'm hearing about Ryan... He's come off as polite to many apparently.

Biden just may have really hurt himself on this.

Ironically, he could have taken this thing completely by simply being more statesman like against Ryan's inexperience.

He did take it completely... is there any way he could possibly have lost it is the more reasonable question

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 09:45 PM
link   

edit on 11-10-2012 by popcornmafia because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join