It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Vice Presidential Debate Discussion Thread

page: 15
23
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 09:27 PM
link   
Who do you think won the vice presidential debate?
Paul Ryan 59%
Joe Biden 32%
Neither 9%
Total Votes: 3589
Not a Scientific Survey
Results may not total 100% due to rounding

Poll: Who Do You Think Won the VP Debate? By: CNBC.com
www.cnbc.com...




posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 09:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by loam
reply to post by alternateuniverse
 


My conclusion...

I like Biden a whole lot less...and Ryan is way too green for primetime.


I generally dislike people who beat the crap out of the people I support too.

Biden won this thing, hands down. And Ryan looked like a lost little kid.



posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 09:27 PM
link   
BIden didn't address noto one of Ryans comments on Obamas failed promises
edit on 11-10-2012 by Gridrebel because: (no reason given)



posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 09:28 PM
link   
reply to post by HostileApostle
 




Thanks for being honest..



posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 09:29 PM
link   
Honesty is hard when you're dealing
with a bunch of flip floppers.



posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 09:29 PM
link   
What can you give to the country?

Biden goes for a laugh generally.



posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 09:29 PM
link   
Just signed on, haven't read through the whole thread but I will.

I think Biden has given a stronger performance tonight, it's almost like him and Obama are playing good cop/ bad cop. And we know that generally the more aggressive of the two often wins.

And just now, I thought this was funny:

US war hero asks: "are you ashamed of all the attack ads?'

Biden/Ryan : "I'll respond to that by telling you why you shouldn't vote for my opponent."



posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 09:29 PM
link   
I think Joe did a good job answering questions. He might be ruff around the edges, but came off honest.

Ryan couldn't answer a question with an answer but with what the current administration did wrong. That's fine but at least give some specifics on what he would do.



posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 09:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Tw0Sides
 



Originally posted by Tw0Sides
Translation: Biden 1 , Ryan 0


Not quite.

I would translate in this manner:

Political establishment 1, American electorate 0




posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 09:30 PM
link   
reply to post by alternateuniverse
 


Since the debate isn't over yet, we should probably wait just a few more minutes before posting results



posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 09:30 PM
link   
Frankly, I think Vice President Biden said some things tonight that killed the whole debate feel for me because the world was also watching this and statements have meaning. Errr... Fall out should be interesting to watch from some of that.

Hell... I'd call it a draw and in a bad way. The best and worst each person was looking for was confirmed and both are politicians to their cores.



posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 09:30 PM
link   
reply to post by alternateuniverse
 



Originally posted by alternateuniverse
Who do you think won the vice presidential debate?
Paul Ryan 59%
Joe Biden 32%
Neither 9%
Total Votes: 3589
Not a Scientific Survey
Results may not total 100% due to rounding

Poll: Who Do You Think Won the VP Debate? By: CNBC.com
www.cnbc.com...


Angry Biden will not play well. He should have stuck to his folksie strength.
edit on 11-10-2012 by loam because: (no reason given)



posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 09:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gridrebel
BIden didn't address noto one of Ryans comments on Obamas failed promises
edit on 11-10-2012 by Gridrebel because: (no reason given)


noto one huh? Are you really Ryan?



posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 09:32 PM
link   
Biden came off pompous.

Ryan came off as go back home.



posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 09:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by loam
reply to post by Tw0Sides
 



Originally posted by Tw0Sides
Translation: Biden 1 , Ryan 0


Not quite.

I would translate in this manner:

Political establishment 1, American electorate 0

I can agree to that.

My main hate for Romney, is he wants his own War!!

He wants Iran.



posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 09:32 PM
link   
This was a MUCH more interesting debate than the last one.

Biden does have the experience advantage and it shows. He seemed to calm down the annoying grinning towards the end. Those were a distraction.

Overall, I found Ryan more knowledgeable. I don't get that some think he did not answer the questions. I thought he clearly answered the questions, backed up by facts. I liked Ryan's responses better, but that is based on personal opinion because I personally agree with most of his statements.

This one was close. They both answered the questions, based on their own views and platform. That was informative. In such a close one, I think each of us would select a winner based on who we agree with. I think they both held their own from a debate perspective. Neither was a complete fail.



posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 09:32 PM
link   
A statistical "wonk" VS a man of experience. Biden on this one, hands down.

Second.



posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 09:32 PM
link   
I am not voting for Biden, but why can't he seem so sensible as this most of the time? He comes across as clean and articulant... actually much better than Obama.

Ryan seems too rehearsed, and No... he has no details for the plans he and Romney are proposing.

No real gaffs here... but Biden... for once... seemed to actually know what he was talking about.

I concede this debate to Biden.



posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 09:32 PM
link   
Am I the only one that enjoyed when Biden laid out Ryan's hypocrisies in congress? Ryan didn't even bother to refute almost all of the attacks from Biden, that I caught.



posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 09:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
Frankly, I think Vice President Biden said some things tonight that killed the whole debate feel for me because the world was also watching this and statements have meaning. Errr... Fall out should be interesting to watch from some of that.

Hell... I'd call it a draw and in a bad way. The best and worst each person was looking for was confirmed and both are politicians to their cores.


Yeah, beating Ryan to a pulp was the one major thing he did



new topics

top topics



 
23
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

log in

join