It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Vice Presidential Debate Discussion Thread

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 09:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by sheepslayer247
reply to post by neo96

We are not at war with China!

But if the NeoCons have their way, we will bomb everyone!

Yet

Once upon a time we were not at war with Germany,Japan,and other well known conflicts so what about the neocon who is sitting in the oval office right now?
edit on 11-10-2012 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 09:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by HostileApostle
reply to post by popcornmafia

Sounds like more excuses.

So Biden is having too much fun kicking Ryan's tail and Obama attended the moderator's wedding.

Just face it, Biden is killing him.

Lets be honest here, biden has been making
himself look like a jack ass laughing at himself
that's major douchy... Biden has been reduced down to peanut size...
Hows that draw down going>? Oh right were still in afghan AND Guantanamo
is still open... He has to lie and laugh at himself because of the simple fact
this young buck ryan is taking his face and slamming it on that pedistool he's
getting whacked off of.

link   

Originally posted by Cuervo
Even the moderator is talking over Ryan! That was hilarious. Did you see the way he looked at the camera when she did that? He was like "really?"

He's getting his ass stomped but I do admit that his politeness will probably come out as a positive in the end.

I doubt it, it didn't help Obama. it makes them look weak, like they cannot take charge of a situation.

link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX

Originally posted by sad_eyed_lady

Wow, Biden is coming off like a smug jerk.

like Romney was in the first debate.

I wonder if the disconnect will happen. When Obama and Romney debated, I knew well before it was over who won...made no excuse.
Reps...have issues with reality. I wonder if they will admit Ryan dropped the ball.

Thing is, this is Ryan..he isn't dropping the ball, he is just a light weight in debating. give him a decade in the trenches and maybe..

He's much too green. He's actually making Biden look pretty good. If Biden were against an experienced debater or someone who was even competent, the outcome may be very different.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 09:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
There is Joe with those absolutes again. They have left room on the 2014 before...

That was as absolute as it can be for a statement of United States Policy. We are out, period in 2014. Go Joe! Keep setting absolute policy in this debate!

Absolutes are good for campaigns, it shows your principles and your commitment.

Unlike Romney/Ryan who hold no position on anything. I can't believe you think that being an etch-a-sketch is better than holding to your principles and sticking hard to your positions.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 09:05 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Really? Are we at the point where we really want to fight China?

Is that the agenda we should expect from Romney?

If so, I may have to vote for Biden..err Obama.

I can't believe I'm saying that but if that's the Right-Wing plan, I will pass.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 09:05 PM
link   

There is Joe with those absolutes again. They have left room on the 2014 before...

That was as absolute as it can be for a statement of United States Policy. We are out, period in 2014. Go Joe! Keep setting absolute policy in this debate!

Unlike Romney/Ryan who hold no position on anything. I can't believe you think that being an etch-a-sketch is better than holding to your principles and sticking hard to your positions.

Ryan is a candidate. He can make statements and then, in January, say whatever changed and so this or that has to happen. EVERY administration starts that way after a campaign.

Biden is the CURRENT United States Vice President. He's not merely making campaign statements...He's making statements of United States Foreign and Domestic Policy as he makes statements in absolute terms..and he's redefining some tonight. It's not something I normally hear in a debate.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 09:06 PM
link   
reply to post by HostileApostle

Absolutes may be good for campaigns..

but it isn't good for the troops on the ground ...

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 09:06 PM
link   

That Ryan line was funny..."Hedge-fund, Hollywood Star." @ Biden

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 09:07 PM
link   

Ryan is a candidate. He can make statements and then, in January, say whatever changed and so this or that has to happen. EVERY administration starts that way after a campaign.

Biden is the CURRENT United States Vice President. He's not merely making campaign statements...He's making statements of United States Foreign and Domestic Policy as he makes statements in absolute terms..and he's redefining some tonight. It's not something I normally hear in a debate.

Wrabbits right, biden is getting all worked up
about to blow a blood vessel in his head

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 09:07 PM
link   
reply to post by sheepslayer247

Really reaching there so tell me what is the problem with maintaining a superior military to take on any would be aggressor?

Considering the worlds population and the dwindling resources just how prey tell do Americans think that lifestyle they love so much is maintained?.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 09:08 PM
link   
"Afghans! To do the job. AF. GHANS. To do. The job!"

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 09:08 PM
link   
Wow is it just me or is Ryan trying to make Biden look like an old and confused man?

The topic of war and conflict is going to be a really hot button issue

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 09:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by JacKatMtn
reply to post by HostileApostle

Absolutes may be good for campaigns..

but it isn't good for the troops on the ground ...

Same false argument that was used for the Iraq deadline.

The deadline worked in Iraq, it will work in Afganistan.

And absolutes are good, because it let's you know what you are voting for.

Or you can vote for Romney/Ryan and let them get back to you after the election to fill in the details.
edit on 11-10-2012 by HostileApostle because: (no reason given)

link   

Originally posted by neo96

Considering the worlds population and the dwindling resources just how prey tell do Americans think that lifestyle they love so much is maintained?.

Imperialistic Raping and Pillaging of countries with the Resources.

Its the GOP way!!

link   
Ryan tried to make a joke and sounded like a high-school geek caught cheating on an exam and being scolded by Principal Biden

You can practically see him sinking back into a meek little shell where the big bad Biden can't hurt him's wittle feelings

Very "submissive looking" Ryan right now.

link   

Originally posted by loam
In terms of style, Biden had this in the beginning. But now I think he thinks he's on Jerry Springer.

If he's not careful, the story will be about how obnoxious he was.

Funny thing is I always liked his folksie personality... I'm not seeing that now.

What I now see is ANGRY rude guy.

Certainly red meat for Obama supporters... But what impact do you think this image has on the undecided swing voters?

This will be interesting.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 09:10 PM
link   
Umm... I'm lost.. what is Joe talking about???

?? Was that rambling to anyone else?

link   
reply to post by neo96

what is the problem with maintaining a superior military to take on any would be aggressor?

Nothing, but advocating for war when war is not necessary is irresponsible and dangerous!

Apples and oranges, Neo.

link   

Biden's impatience is starting to rear it's ugly head. Give it a few more moments.

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join