It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Vice Presidential Debate Discussion Thread

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 08:57 PM
link   
Biden is likely overdoing the dramatization to make up for the lack of animation in the last debate.

Biden is doing well.

I do think that Ryan showed the best results on the taxation question.

link   

Originally posted by METACOMET
Worst moderated debate I've ever seen. Just awful.

Worse than the first one?!

link   
In terms of style, Biden had this in the beginning. But now I think he thinks he's on Jerry Springer.

If he's not careful, the story will be about how obnoxious he was.

link   
Bidens own admission we want a smaller military to fight insurgencies.

Which is not combat effective agianst large standing armies such as China.

Not to bright,
edit on 11-10-2012 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

link   
Biden keeps using Ryan's and Romney's own words against them.

This is exactly what Obama should have done, and I think exactly what he will do in the next two debates.

link   
So if Obama raises taxes on 1 million small business, cuts military, how exactly is Obama going to create jobs? I just don't ssee it.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 08:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by PurpleChiten

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
reply to post by HostileApostle

I was an Owner Operator trucker. I drove ONE truck. I grossed around a quarter million dollars a year. I had a NET in the 30's...but GROSS is what matters on a business. I was a wee small fry in business of any meaning. 1 million isn't hard to get to AT ALL if someone has a small business that works. Think of farmers for their overhead vs. what they see...

This class warfare stuff is divide and conquer..US ALL.

I dated a crazy woman once who went on and on about a job she had once where she cleared "a quarter of a million a year"... come to find out, it was $25,000 and she didn't realize that wasn't a quarter of a million

Thankfully, we didn't date very long!

That wouldn't be suggesting I'm lying or anything... would it?
I know there are other truckers on here.. Plenty of them...who see those same numbers (or worse on the net side). I'll bet the gross is actually higher these days. That was a few years ago and fuel surcharges weren't adding as much to gross as it must be today. Numbers just aren't what they sound like when one sits down to look at how fast it all adds up.

link   
awwww Ryan's lil voice is cracking now. Hope he doesn't cry from the whipping he's getting

link   
I can't wait till Obama wins again so everyone will stop talking about this garbarge.

link   

Originally posted by sad_eyed_lady

Wow, Biden is coming off like a smug jerk.

like Romney was in the first debate.

I wonder if the disconnect will happen. When Obama and Romney debated, I knew well before it was over who won...made no excuse.
Reps...have issues with reality. I wonder if they will admit Ryan dropped the ball.

Thing is, this is Ryan..he isn't dropping the ball, he is just a light weight in debating. give him a decade in the trenches and maybe..

link   

Originally posted by Gridrebel
So if Obama raises taxes on 1 million small business, cuts military, how exactly is Obama going to create jobs? I just don't ssee it.

Raising taxes destroys jobs no matter how they spin it that ideology has the opposite intended effect.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 08:59 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

We are not at war with China!

But if the NeoCons have their way, we will bomb everyone!

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 08:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by corvuscorrax
I can't wait till Obama wins again so everyone will stop talking about this garbarge.

Will be back to the fringe talking about birth certificates and school records I guess.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 09:00 PM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

I also admitted Obama lost the night on the debate.

I have no problem admitting when the person I support screws up like Obama did.

But tonight Biden is flat out burying Ryan on every single issue.

link   
reply to post by popcornmafia

Who cares...both sides agreed on the moderator. Backing up and making excuses already?

Ryan looks like a high school kid and Biden looks like the Principal.

I have no dog in this show but Biden looks stronger than Ryan...sorry if that hurts.

link   
ohhh I LOVE reality comedies, its my favorite genre of television!

Biden is feisty, and its likely going to reflect well for Obama in the polls.

link   
Afghanistan goes to Biden!!!!

Bring them home!!!

Hell Yea!!!!!

link   

Originally posted by PurpleChiten

reply to post by HostileApostle

I was an Owner Operator trucker. I drove ONE truck. I grossed around a quarter million dollars a year. I had a NET in the 30's...but GROSS is what matters on a business. I was a wee small fry in business of any meaning. 1 million isn't hard to get to AT ALL if someone has a small business that works. Think of farmers for their overhead vs. what they see...

This class warfare stuff is divide and conquer..US ALL.

I dated a crazy woman once who went on and on about a job she had once where she cleared "a quarter of a million a year"... come to find out, it was $25,000 and she didn't realize that wasn't a quarter of a million

Thankfully, we didn't date very long!

That wouldn't be suggesting I'm lying or anything... would it?
I know there are other truckers on here.. Plenty of them...who see those same numbers (or worse on the net side). I'll bet the gross is actually higher these days. That was a few years ago and fuel surcharges weren't adding as much to gross as it must be today. Numbers just aren't what they sound like when one sits down to look at how fast it all adds up.

No, no, I have a cousin who drives, and makes very good money. It just brought that memory to mind.
Not a reflection of you at all. Sorry if it came across that way.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 09:01 PM
link   
There is Joe with those absolutes again. They have left room on the 2014 before...

That was as absolute as it can be for a statement of United States Policy. We are out, period in 2014. Go Joe! Keep setting absolute policy in this debate!

@Purple

Err.. My bad then.. sorry for misreading.

edit on 11-10-2012 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 09:01 PM
link   
I am trying to watch the debate on the live stream using my iPad however the stream is inconsistent and choppy. It freezes from time to time and it usually sticks on when the representatives are making a silly face.

Biden with his overly large smile Or Ryan with a dazed and confused look on his face
edit on 11-10-2012 by MDDoxs because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join