It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Vice Presidential Debate Discussion Thread

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 08:51 PM
link   
reply to post by HostileApostle

I was an Owner Operator trucker. I drove ONE truck. I grossed around a quarter million dollars a year. I had a NET in the 30's...but GROSS is what matters on a business. I was a wee small fry in business of any meaning. 1 million isn't hard to get to AT ALL if someone has a small business that works. Think of farmers for their overhead vs. what they see...

This class warfare stuff is divide and conquer..US ALL.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 08:52 PM
link   
One thing I can say is that they both can actually relay their positions faaaaar better than their bosses. This debate is three times more informing than the first one.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 08:52 PM
link   
How's That?

Biden has Ryan fluttered.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 08:53 PM
link   
Joe's vineers about to pop off..

2nd?

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 08:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by HostileApostle

Originally posted by neo96
Make 1 million bucks are your super wealthy!!!!!!

Right.

That is small business owners.

What?

You're crazy, you make 1 million income a year, yes you are wealthy.

And now, that isn't most small businesses.

Someone who is earning a million bucks earns a million bucks less their liabilities: operating and fixed costs.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 08:54 PM
link   
The mod of this debate has her own dog in the fight and thats biden...

Obama was at this womens wedding.... How impartial is that load>????

Giving biden all the last replies, letting him.. Getting more time on purpose

because martha got a wedding gift from joe blows wife
edit on 11-10-2012 by popcornmafia because: (no reason given)

link   
I missed the first 15 minutes of the debate, but to me it really seems they like to interrupt eachother.

At the moment it seems to me that Biden is doing pretty good, alot better than I thought.

link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
reply to post by HostileApostle

I was an Owner Operator trucker. I drove ONE truck. I grossed around a quarter million dollars a year. I had a NET in the 30's...but GROSS is what matters on a business. I was a wee small fry in business of any meaning. 1 million isn't hard to get to AT ALL if someone has a small business that works. Think of farmers for their overhead vs. what they see...

This class warfare stuff is divide and conquer..US ALL.

I dated a crazy woman once who went on and on about a job she had once where she cleared "a quarter of a million a year"... come to find out, it was $25,000 and she didn't realize that wasn't a quarter of a million

Thankfully, we didn't date very long!

link   
Bidens animation is killing me

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 08:55 PM
link   
While I am enjoying most of the debate so far, it is reminding me of two brothers trying one up each other at the dinner table telling tall tales. The host is definitely not doing her part of keeping order and control, while keeping the debate on track. They are trying to talk over each other way too much, what happened to the two minute rule per question rule?

link   
reply to post by popcornmafia

Sounds like more excuses.

So Biden is having too much fun kicking Ryan's tail and Obama attended the moderator's wedding.

Just face it, Biden is killing him.

link   

Originally posted by JacKatMtn
Didn't medicare, and social security used to be protected "hands off" funds?

If so.. who put their hands on it?

Congress?

If so.. who created the doom scenario for both?

I am most likely wrong but that's the thought that came to mind.. can anyone set me straight on that?

The money for Social Security flows in and it flows out on the general fund budget numbers as one looks at it. There haven't been protected funds...and that is why it's going broke.

If the money HAD been protected on general interest rates that even Gov't money grows at, it would be flush and black forever. Literally...by compounding interest of SO MUCH. That so much...was what's been spent for pork in the budgets of 4 + decades.

link   
I expected better from Ryan. He keeps getting hammered by his own admission.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 08:56 PM
link   
Wow, Biden is coming off like a smug jerk.

link   
This debate is terrible.
There's no real time being given to EITHER candidate, it's just both of them trying to talk over each other.
The moderator needs to restore some order.

link   
When Ryan is digging his hole faster and deeper, Biden actually stays quiet and lets him get in even deeper... kinda funny

THEN calls him on his lies, even better!!

link   
Even the moderator is talking over Ryan! That was hilarious. Did you see the way he looked at the camera when she did that? He was like "really?"

He's getting his ass stomped but I do admit that his politeness will probably come out as a positive in the end.

link   
Consensus seems to be Biden! Thanks! Now back to my story about fictional intrigues and power plays and I'll leave y'all to watch yours!

BTW it got nailed a couple of pages back. Funny how we focus so much on the POTUS and VP, every four years, while career Congressmen do all the looting, have no term limits, and, for the most part, don't give a hoot about America.

Focus our attention on the fireworks - so that we're always looking up while they rob our house.

~Heff

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 08:57 PM
link   
New drinking game...

Every time Ryan says "look"... DRINK!
edit on 11-10-2012 by UFO1414 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 08:57 PM
link   
Worst moderated debate I've ever seen. Just awful.

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join