It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Silly theory on the pyramids

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 05:56 PM
link   
I was listening to Coast to Coast AM the other night when they had a revisit of the Hoppe indian creation story. I know most of Coast to Coast is strictly for entertainment, not based in fact, but one thing he had to say interested me greatly.

His theory was that the great pyramids were the "ant hills" mentioned in the creation story. The story tells us that the ant people invited each race into their hill, to protect them from the cataclysmic rebirth of the world. This got me to thinking about survival bunkers. The design of the pyramids do lend themselves to the idea of an ancient survival bunker. In fact I can't think of a more robust or simpler design that would do the job and be simple enough to be built by ancient people.

How much protection would a pyramid provide from things like global cooling, nuclear fallout, and other cataclysmic type problems?

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 06:09 PM
link   
Though there is not really any evidence to support this, it sounds logical. Seeing as how the Great Pyramid has stood the test of time for over 4000 years, which makes it a fact that the pyramid would have protected you from any natural disaster that occurred.

If it wouldn't have, then it wouldn't be standing. Especially considering it has been vandalized many times, it would probably still be almost perfect.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 06:21 PM
link   
ahahahh think of it this way

How long have the pyramids been here? A LONG TIME

How long will they be here after we disappear? A LONG TIME

yeah i think it would make a good bunker

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 06:28 PM
link   
what would be a natural disaster in a desert.

more sand. they'd welcome a flood.

a desert is what it looks like after a natural disaster.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 06:36 PM
link   
reply to post by randomname

I wouldnt be so sure, Egypt has its fair share of Natural Disasters

Natural hazards: periodic droughts; frequent earthquakes; flash floods; landslides; hot, driving windstorms called khamsin occur in spring; dust storms; sandstorms

Egypt-Natural Disasters

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 06:46 PM
link   
Excellent theory mate, no its not silly..

So simple and logical.. Its got me thinking now regardless weather it be true or false.. cheers mate!..

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 07:00 PM
link   
I'm more inclined to think they were communicative tools.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 07:07 PM
link   
Interesting theory, but I doubt it personally. The pyramids would be a little overkill for a bunker. The time it took to build them would have meant the ancients new way ahead of time a coming disaster, and spent decades building them for an event that they could not have even predicted. Secondly , the interior was built in a way that could not hold tens of thousands of people, or even thousands of people. So the idea to me sounds interesting but when I look at the logistics and the time frame I don't think they were built for that specific purpose. I agree they have stood the test of time and they will continue to after we screw everything up, but I think they're original purpose was for something else. Good idea though.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 07:07 PM
link   
That is something I never even thought of, maybe that's why nothing was ever really left on the inside of any of the pyramids because it was only used during the times of need.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 07:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Sinny

Can they be both?

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 07:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Renegade2283

I'm just spitballing here, but what if the pyramids were simply converted for use by the pharohs in the afterlife? If they knew at that time those buildings once saved humanity from an apocolypse they may have used them for all sorts of things. Perhaps they felt the pyramids saved or made humanity immortal? Maybe they felt by resting there, that they would be safe and sound for all eternity.

When I asked about how well they would function as a bunker, I was curious to know if the structure was thick enough to handle blast waves, and nuclear fallout. I've read about pyramid power before, and I'm curious to know if pyramid power would be helpful in a cataclysmic event? Could it protect the people inside from any sort of radiation and things of that nature?

Up next, FEMA releases the "How to build a pyramid bunker guide".

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 07:14 PM
link   
we dont even know what inside it yet!!!!! lol how old is it!!!!! it will be here much longer than we will be!

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 07:42 PM
link   
True, we don't know what is inside yet and it seems that we may never know.

I think that a pyramid could last after a nuclear blast(not a direct hit) from the dimensions and thickness of it. Not sure how long you could last hanging out inside because of the usable oxygen. Maybe that's what the vents were for but not sure about that, only a guess as all of this is.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 07:49 PM
link   
Interesting, as has been mentioned the packing capacity leaves a lot to be desired, unless built as an ark meant to sustain the tree of life by means of a single representation. But it seems more a symbol in time.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 08:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by rowdyrich
True, we don't know what is inside yet and it seems that we may never know.

I think that a pyramid could last after a nuclear blast(not a direct hit) from the dimensions and thickness of it. Not sure how long you could last hanging out inside because of the usable oxygen. Maybe that's what the vents were for but not sure about that, only a guess as all of this is.

That brings me to another observation. Some of the great pyramids have holes running up and directly to the sun. I'm not sure how well they can swap out oxygen, but one has to wonder about the design features.

They also have no broad sides exposed. The design provides deflection for any incoming blast from any direction including a downward force.

If they were not ever designed or used as bunkers, I can accept that. I'm amazed that no one has noticed the design features making it a highly effective above ground bunker though.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 08:58 PM
link   
It's very stable as the world knows, since it lasted this long and it will be stable after us. But you have got me thinking about this and it's something it could have truly been used for, among other things.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 09:00 PM
link   
reply to post by AnarchysAngel

How can any theory on the purpose of the pyramids be silly. Throw all ideas on the table lets not let these pyramids creators sneak off with their secret for all time.
edit on 11-10-2012 by AthlonSavage because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 09:06 PM
link   
Exactly, nobody knows the true use of them yet so lets find out every possible theory that anyone can think of

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 09:26 PM
link   
reply to post by AthlonSavage

I'm not an expert on wind and air pressure, but wouldn't the angle of the sides and the narrow passages pointing towards the sun provide a vacum or low pressure area to swap out air? Again that could be a function of the basic structure, but it would seem to work if it were closed tight as well.

The more I think about the design, the more I wonder why someone isn't producing these things as fallout shelter kits with pre-formed cement blocks.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 10:42 PM
link   
Lack of water, waste disposal and air circulation....good design for a tomb thou

<<   2 >>

join