It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Should I hire a guy who stole 10 thousand dollars from me?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 05:03 PM
link   
EDIT, PLEASE read the whole post.......

Five years ago, I had work done on my home and 10 k worth of valuables were stolen. The police caught the perp, and he went to jail.

I am looking for a contractor to do some work on my house, and low and behold who shows up at my door? The guy who stole from me!! He seems to have changed his ways and I do realize that people make mistakes. His bid is below everyone else who I have got estimates from and his references seem okay. Should I allow him to work in my home being that he stole from me?

Ok, now that I got your attention, this is what we are voting on next month!!!!! How many of you, honestly, were going to tell me NOT to hire this person and that I was wrong for even thinking about it???

Is our upcoming election not the same principle as my above story? Why would we HIRE people who we know did not do the job we hired them for the last time around?

This isn't a partisan issue, and I don't want it to turn into one!!! I am just asking all of you who choose to pick a team and stick with that team no matter what to just step back and think about what you are doing and what you are supporting!!!!

Haven't we all been lied to by BOTH parties?

Haven't we all been robbed by those we have elected to represent us?

Why would we hire someone who has stolen from us in the past?

I know I will get flamed for this, but the political trolling has gotten so ridiculous that I am just trying to come up with a way to show all of you who stick by a team, no matter what they do, how ridiculous you really are!!

So be honest! How any of you were going to tell me I was crazy for even THINKING about hiring this made up person??? For those of you who were, go look in the mirror and ask yourself, why you are choosing to vote for someone who you know is corrupt to represent YOU for the next two to four years!!!
edit on 11-10-2012 by seeker1963 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 05:09 PM
link   
reply to post by seeker1963

One question...is his bid $10,000 below everyone else.....

No, I wouldn't hire him. Why be the test subject on his cleaning up his act. There are maybe more worthy people who really need work right now.

JMOHO....Des

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 05:10 PM
link   
ha ha ha! nice thread/catch. ya had me for a moment!
but i absolutely agree with you!
its the same thing!!!!
i don't understand,and i don't vote.
as for your analogy,
me,personally, i'm self employed,and if something breaks,i fix it myself!

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 05:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Destinyone

Des,,,,,you is flat out busted!!!! lmao

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 05:15 PM
link   
You would be nuts to hier him...what goes around come's around.. period

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 05:18 PM
link   
Nice trick op, and you raise an interesting question.

But who's to say the other candidates aren't just itching to steal what they can as well ?

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 05:18 PM
link   

trust me give the person the 2nd chance not to rob you twice cause what us brits have learned is hiring someone new just made everything worse.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 05:22 PM
link   
reply to post by WhisperingWinds

Nice trick op, and you raise an interesting question.

But who's to say the other candidates aren't just itching to steal what they can as well ?

You are correct my friend!!! It just goes to show that WE are in charge of who we hire, and we need to be aware of the fact that if we keep doing the same thing over and over again, and it always ends up with the same outcome, IT IS TIME TO DO SOMETHING DIFFERENT.......

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 05:23 PM
link   
Please read the WHOLE post

Amazing how many dont

edit on 11-10-2012 by VoidHawk because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 05:27 PM
link   
reply to post by VoidHawk

To their credit, I posted the edit after they obviously didn't read the whole post.....I wanted to give them the benefit of the doubt.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 05:32 PM
link   

We all do it.. sometimes..
And it was easy to think you'd gotten the story from just the first few lines.

BUT THEY ARE STILL BUSTED

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by seeker1963

Des,,,,,you is flat out busted!!!! lmao

*BLUSH*...so I am....

But, I stand by my original post......NO... DON'T HIRE OBAMA AGAIN......

Des

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 05:37 PM
link   
well i did read the whole post as i,m sure everyone else did......we just answered back in the way the op started it......we knew what he meant but as i put it is gordon brown may have been an idiot but we hired a bigger idiot in his place who hasn,t changed anything......david cameron is and will never be the person to lead our country.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 05:39 PM
link   

*BLUSH*...so I am....

But, I stand by my original post......NO... DON'T HIRE OBAMA AGAIN......

Des

I still luv ya!

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 05:47 PM
link   
Fool me , once and , uh shame on , uh, you

Fool me twice, uh shame, uh. uh shame on uh you

Should have let it run a while op, I believe you would have got a few more bites..

edit on 11-10-2012 by rbnhd76 because: star and flag for you

(see below) Great minds think alike I think
edit on 11-10-2012 by rbnhd76 because: star for grey

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 05:48 PM
link   

Fool me once shame on you.
Fool me twice shame on me.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 06:05 PM
link   

So be honest! How any of you were going to tell me I was crazy for even THINKING about hiring this made up person???

I was going to recommend you NOT hire him.

For those of you who were, go look in the mirror and ask yourself, why you are choosing to vote for someone who you know is corrupt to represent YOU for the next two to four years!!!

I’m not voting for Obama! Romney has never taken money from me, so I will vote for him.

Clever intro BTW.... S&F

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 06:13 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

I’m not voting for Obama! Romney has never taken money from me, so I will vote for him.

Ahhhh, but follow the money my friend! Do you love Goldman Sachs? I am sure you don't! But yet they are funneling money to Romney like there is no tomorrow!

I know you are against the current administration, (as am I) but are you willing to contribute to the same experiment that always ends up with the same results, or are you willing to stand up and let those who are playing us for fools know that the GAME IS OVER!

I can promise you my friend, if we are even still here after four years of the lesser of two evils, that the end game will be too far gone for us to stand a chance to fight against it.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Ahhhh, but follow the money my friend! Do you love Goldman Sachs? I am sure you don't! But yet they are funneling money to Romney like there is no tomorrow!

……as they did to Obama in 2008. Yes, I am aware. Are you aware that the prosecution of financial crime is at a 20 year low under Obama?

I know you are against the current administration, (as am I) but are you willing to contribute to the same experiment that always ends up with the same results, or are you willing to stand up and let those who are playing us for fools know that the GAME IS OVER!

I will contribute to the same experiment until there is a viable 3rd party….yes. 50% of the country relies on the fed to survive. A good portion of those people are either unwilling or unable to provide for themselves. There are hardly enough people ready and willing to stand up and say GAME OVER.

I can promise you my friend, if we are even still here after four years of the lesser of two evils, that the end game will be too far gone for us to stand a chance to fight against it.

Possibly….but I know things can turn around rather quickly if the right people are in office. I predict an immediate positive bump in the economy if Romney wins simply because the level of uncertainty about the direction of the country will decrease….everyone know Romney is better for business.

edit on 11-10-2012 by seabag because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 06:32 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

as they did to Obama in 2008. Yes, I am aware. Are you aware that the prosecution of financial crime is at a 20 year low under Obama?

I a very well aware of this, but you do realize that Obama has only been the POTUS for 4 of these years?? I don't want to turn this into a partisan thread full of they did this, well yes, but they did that.

EVERYONE who is in Washington DC, that was elected by we the people have proven their alliances to the corporations, banksters and lobbyists, any you just proved it with your past quote to me.......All I am saying is, if we don't do away with supporting the partisan nonsense REALLY SOON, those in charge will have proven just how stupid we were to allow the to destroy us!

Our saviors are not of the Democratic party NOR the Republican party, but THOSE OF US who can realize that the two party system is a total fraud! Those who buy into it are as much a part of the problems in this country as those who we have elected.......

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join