It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lance Armstrong: Tour organizers remain silent as 11 former teammates testify

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 02:41 AM
link   
Fact of the matter is....all of these preformance enhancing substances must be abolished. The culture of steroid abuse must end. So a pro football player has no choice but to use them to compete on a world stage. A cyclist, track athlete, golfer, ball player. etc, etc, etc. To risk the health and future of yourself for the sake of a quick dollar?

Let's look at some athletes who partake? Ken Caminiti, Flo-Jo, Alzado, various WWF wrestlers, etc.

What's the life expectancy of an NFL Lineman? 55?

Of course the playing field is stacked to those who are willing to risk the consequences. What of those who refuse? They cannot compete on a FAIR playing field. SIMPLE.

Steroids act as a catalyst to working out harder and more intensely no doubt. But take them away and the TRUE skill and determination rises.

At the end of the day it's cheating. No more, no less.

And had steroids not been used by Mr. Armstrong, and possibly contributing to his testicular cancer, would the charitible campaign even occurred?

Think about it.
edit on 13-10-2012 by Goldcurrent because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 03:04 AM
link   
did he cheat because he wanted to or because he had to?

he was such a media case and actually made americans bother to watch a sport they don't care about in a country they don't care about either. and when that happens americans expect to win, and cycling by itself nowadays it's a cheaters sport, everyone does it, he did it with a powerful and well organized backup. it's surely easier to pull off that stunt with cycling than let's say soccer

so what's laws were written and freedoms undermined back when armstrong had america entertained and distracted?

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 03:11 AM
link   
reply to post by UziLiberman

America wants a winner so let's cheat? 'Roid the next monkey who's willing as the sacrificial lamb?

Pfft. Society's truely effed.

Society shouldn't idolize the roid monkey doing handstands for your pleasure. Neither the next talentless American Idol, teen mom on TLC or any of it. Do you understand people? It's all fluff for your little brains.

Really. There are truely talented people out there. It's SAD that most do not recognize it or even seek it.
edit on 13-10-2012 by Goldcurrent because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 03:30 AM
link   
reply to post by deadeyedick

Your other thread was closed because someone else had already posted one about Lance Armstrong. There's a link to the other thread at the end of yours. Also I guess it was closed rather than tanked because you had some good posts in there. It wasn't about ATS or other members trying to hold you back or hide the doping scandal from the world.

I've been following the scandal for years and particularly these past months. It's been all over the sport radio stations in the UK since around February. Some of these guys who doped are trying to make out it was so cultural that *everyone* was at it. This is a clever way of turning themselves into victims of culture rather than cheaters and liars. It's worked too because they got 6 month bans and not life-time bans.

What's weird is that two British cyclists raced with Lance and had careers in this same time period. Neither was offered, or saw, any drugs or dope tricks. This implies that those claiming it was *cultural* or that Armstrong *bullied* them into doping are telling tall tales.

I'm not one who supports vengeance or vilification. Armstrong's punishments should remain in his capacity as a cyclist. All the rest....charity and fundraising...is still something that has been incredibly life-changing for thousands of people.

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 03:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Goldcurrent

i didn't say it was right or pretty, i just said that's how it is.
i also presented an hypothesis, nothing more.

say what you will but i rarely if ever see true talent or commitment involved in any major sport today.
it's all about the money involved and how much can you polarize people to either love you or hate you, irrelevant as long as you keep watching the games buying the tickets and the jerseys the soda and the hotdog while you're bombarded with advertising everywhere.

so it isn't such a surprise that performance enhancing drugs not only permeate but become the norm.

love for the sport these days.... yeah right buddy

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 01:43 PM
link   

For the most part I agree with you saying, especially the TLC part. Honey Boo Boo for example. I don't really think its cheating though, I mean Tiger Woods had laser eye surgery and now has better vision than 20/20. Is that cheating?

Let's look at some athletes who partake? Ken Caminiti, Flo-Jo, Alzado, various WWF wrestlers, etc. What's the life expectancy of an NFL Lineman? 55?

Those athletes, I don't see any link with steroids and the cause of death of the people you mentioned. Well let me put it this way, can you correlate that Vitamin C was the cause of a heart attack for the orange juice you drank three weeks ago ignoring the fact that you smoke, don't exercise and eat BK every other day?
edit on 13-10-2012 by Laxpla because: (no reason given)

edit on 13-10-2012 by Laxpla because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 01:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Laxpla

Wow! You're so in the dark I won't expand.

Tiger Woods had laser eye surgery??

You sure he didn't have anything else on his side (cough cough) from 2005-2010.?

Naivety expounds on this board. Methinks I need to find where the real players at.

Where did all the REAL boys run off to? Help me out!

ETA: Not one of those mentioned has anything to do with 'Roids? Wow?? Where are the smart people hanging out these days? Seriously. This board is SOOO diluted.
edit on 16-10-2012 by Goldcurrent because: (no reason given)

edit on 16-10-2012 by Goldcurrent because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 08:38 PM
link   

No please expand, I would like to hear this. You clearly do NOT know what you are talking about, yes they might have took steroids but how can you say there is a link with the deaths? PROVE ME WRONG, Oh thats right, you cant lmao. I'm just waiting for your response because quite frankly, I know what will be said by your part and how to shut you down hard.

Oh buddy, please call for help for the "real" boys lmao.

Here, let me save you some embarrassment and watch part of this documentary. And if you insist on I will have some experts and authors that I know chime in

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

top topics

<< 1   >>

join