It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hezbollah confirms sending drone into Israeli airspace

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 06:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZeroKnowledge
reply to post by tothetenthpower

You somehow mix organisations and states. State is by definition an independent entity.
Hizbollah is not a state and it is not funded from budget of a state it is in. It is funded mainly by Iran.
To clarify - if Israel would fund anti-Iranian organisation and it would just launch Israeli UAV into Iran, i am pretty sure that your stance on the issue of responsibility would differ.

edit on 11-10-2012 by ZeroKnowledge because: (no reason given)

No, I'm not confused.

I stated organzation, because thats what they are, not a government or a state.

No, my answer would not change. The responsibility would be to those who created and sent in the drone, unless I could prove that Israel supported the program directly for their own purposes, as opposed to those of the organization overall.

You can agree with somebody's overall plan of action, but disagree with specifics, or not be part of those plans.

I'm just pointing out the nonsense of pulling the "Iran is Evil" card on a story that is largely unrelated to Iran.

~Tenth

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 07:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower
I just find it spurious that we immeidately jump on the "blame Iran" band wagon for something that is entirely unrelated.

Iran supports Hezbollah, Hezbollah claims responsibility, Iran's state ran media outlet PressTV runs the story.

Now, where in any of that does "Blame Iran" get mentioned?

It's just conjecture that Iran was involved in this drone operation. No actual evidence. I just it funny that those who support Israel will so quicky jump to an anti-iran stance when Iran isn't even mentioned...

This is a Conspiracy site where conjecture and speculation is considered the norm. We often discuss alternative possibilities.

edit on 11-10-2012 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 07:28 PM
link   
What could hezbollah really gain from this drone? Presstv was obviously interested in the nuclear power plant, but it didn't even make it that far! Pretty poor 'resistance' unmanned, not even weaponized drone. What's the point? I doubt hezbollah had the technology to relay real time images. This sounds more like a teenage prank than an act of war, or whatever they had in mind. Now Israel can use this to justify attacks against hezzbollah, it's just stupid.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 07:41 PM
link   
It looks like the entire point of flying it into Israel was to simply prove to them that Iran is indeed in ownership of "High Tech" weapons platforms. I am no apologist but with all the war talk on the table, can you blame them?

I am willing to wait for Iran to produce (and use) a nuke. IMHO the world will be a better place when both of those countries are flat and glowing in the dark. I should invest in technologies that make oil drilling in a sea of glass easier......

Probably less radiation than Fukushima continues to toss at us anyway.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 07:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mamatus
I am willing to wait for Iran to produce (and use) a nuke. IMHO the world will be a better place when both of those countries are flat and glowing in the dark. I should invest in technologies that make oil drilling in a sea of glass easier......

Costing the lives of untold innocent tens of millions on both sides so your frustrations over and need for an archaic form of fuel source could be satiated?

Shakes head...

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 08:32 PM
link   
reply to post by filosophia

This drone stunt may be partly intended to detract from the discussion of its role in assisting the Syrian government, something which has been highlighted recently by the death of a number of its more senior members inside Syria.

Hezbollah may appreciate its regional sponsors but being seen as their bitch isn't necessarily good for its popularity at home. It would seek to deflect criticism that Hezbollah is too heavily influenced by foreigners and reinforce its image as a Lebanese anti-Israeli 'resistance' group as opposed to simply a foreign proxy in Lebanon.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 10:41 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

It was satire....... Guess I should not be so subtle. Although one has to admit; If all ya wanna do is fight then ya should just get it the heck over with. Although the constant Middle East version of the Hatfield and McCoys is getting a bit old after a few thousand years......

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 11:16 PM
link   
I doubt that was Hezbollah technology.The drone was Iranian taunt to Israel.They want Israel to start the war so afterwards when whining for support they can try and play poor victim.

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 02:33 AM
link   
Maybe this will help a bit for another source?

Hezbollah says sent Iranian-built drone over Israel

"A sophisticated reconnaissance aircraft was sent from Lebanese territory ... and travelled hundreds of kilometres (miles) over the sea before crossing enemy lines and into occupied Palestine," Hassan Nasrallah said on television.

He said the drone was "Iranian built and assembled in Lebanon."

Nasrallah's announcement came shortly after Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu accused Hezbollah of launching the previously unidentified drone.
Source

I'm confused sometimes by why people think this is anything but a two sided conflict building over there or Israel is something special for it's military and aggressive stance outward. So is everyone else over thre and toward each other as much as toward the Jews as history seems to show.

Iran also is well known to have an advanced and mature UAV production program. They've advanced on their domestic arms production and technology by all indications. Folks seem to confuse Iran with the far FAR more primitve Iraq as the West found it after 10 years of sanctions that Saddam did let destroy his people while he lived the high life. Iran is a whole different thing....and hearing they supplied the drone to Hezbollah doesn't surprise me in the least.

Hezbollah is also more than just an NGO these days. They all but took control of Lebanon's Government just before the whole uprising across that region started with Tunisia. In some ways, that DID start everything else...but Hezbollah absolutely has the resources of a nation state, albeit a small one. Lebanon.

* Additional and more recent information about Hezbollah's control of Lebanon. This isn't about a coup or anything. They are a political party as much as they are a militant organization. By control, I mean literal control. They ARE the Government.

Can Hezbollah Survive the Fall of Assad?
edit on 12-10-2012 by Wrabbit2000 because: minor correction and addition of 2nd link

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 03:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69

Originally posted by maes2
anyhow history shows that Israel leaders are very good at influencing emperors. from Achaemenid and Romans

AND

Rome scattered Israel to the wind. But, we shouldn't go there with such blanket statements because that may legitimize the present inhabitants claim on the territory...

eh?

NO of course no. their new game is something different. there is a big paradox, we all know that many countries are made by the hand of UK kingdom after the collapse of Ottoman. but there is a big difference between creation of Israel and for example Iraq or Jordan ! the jew residents of Palestine were a minority. muslims were a majority and christians the second population and all of them was regarded Palestinians. the problem started when they gathered people of all the countries and sent them to Palestine to shape a Jew country. and the so called Israel spreaded like a cancer ! so regarding the international laws it is illegal that a minority forces a majority and make them exiled. and if we dismiss international laws and say that they can do whatever they want because they are jews and that holy land was sometime a jew land then again there is a truth that the holy land is the holy land of christians and muslims as well. moreover if any country wants to occupy somewhere that they think sometime their ancestors were living there, then world will become a jungle !
moreover was not Cyrus that saved jews from Babylon and returned the exiled jews to Jerusalem as they were the real residents !? but now Israel itself is a Babylonian regime that is exiling and killing the real residents and Israelis know it well that their leaders are not Jew and their regime has nothing to Judaism but a colonialism machine !
the Israel leaders cooperated with Romans to kill Jesus ! but they could not. the history of Israel (as a tribe) leaders is full of killing prophets and persuading people to worship satan. Israel leaders are Aarons !

According to the Hebrew Bible, the golden calf (עֵגֶּל הַזָהָב ‘ēggel hazâhâḇ) was an idol (a cult image) made by Aaron to satisfy the Israelites during Moses' absence, when he went up to Mount Sinai. The calf was intended to be a physical representation of the God of Israel, and therefore was doubly wrong for involving Israel in idolatry and for ascribing physicality to God. en.wikipedia.org...

edit on 12-10-2012 by maes2 because: (no reason given)

edit on 12-10-2012 by maes2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 04:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Soshh
reply to post by filosophia

This drone stunt may be partly intended to detract from the discussion of its role in assisting the Syrian government, something which has been highlighted recently by the death of a number of its more senior members inside Syria.

Hezbollah may appreciate its regional sponsors but being seen as their bitch isn't necessarily good for its popularity at home. It would seek to deflect criticism that Hezbollah is too heavily influenced by foreigners and reinforce its image as a Lebanese anti-Israeli 'resistance' group as opposed to simply a foreign proxy in Lebanon.

the problem is that Lebanon itself is influenced by foreign forces. Lebanon has not even an real army to resist any foreign attack. this is the main purpose behind Hezbulah !

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 04:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by AgentX09
I doubt that was Hezbollah technology.The drone was Iranian taunt to Israel.They want Israel to start the war so afterwards when whining for support they can try and play poor victim.

I am sure that they are sure that Israel will not start a war. such acts are for preventing Israel from another war not persuading it to start a war. such acts are based on this logic that Israel will not involve in an expensive war. they want to show it that it's magical dome and air defence systems can not keep Israel intact in a war. so if they have any wisdom, they should not start a war !

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 04:18 AM
link   

Hezbollah confirms sending drone into Israeli airspace

The operation code-named Hussein Ayub saw Hezbollah’s drone fly hundreds of kilometers into the Israeli airspace and getting very close to Dimona nuclear plant without being detected by advanced Israeli and US radars, Nasrallah said during a televised speech late on Thursday.

"This is only part of our capabilities," he stressed, adding that Israelis have admitted to their security failure despite being provided with the latest technologies by Western powers.
(visit the link for the full news article)

so Israel is not that safe that they think !?
may be this can prevent Israel from another invasion on Lebanon or ...
I think they should equip their drones with nuclear detection sensors (as those on downed USA drone in Iran) maybe finally world knows what Israel is doing in Dimona well !

www.presstv.ir
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 11-10-2012 by maes2 because: (no reason given)

Israel are very patient to say the least are they not? Anybody does that to Russia, China or the US would get their butts severely kicked within hours!
edit on 12-10-2012 by phatpackage because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 04:24 AM
link   
Hezbollah are based in Lebanon. Their Headquarters around Baalbeck was raised to the ground a few years back, wandering where is this drone housed?

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 04:51 AM
link   
reply to post by maes2

“Hezbullah has an independent identity as a Lebanese defender. because of Ideologic relations, Hezbullah was supported by Iran even before the revolution in Iran ! it's aim was to free the southern Lebanon from Israel occupation which took place in 2000.”

Seriously, What are you smoking ?
Israel left southern Lebanon in 2000.
In June 2000 theUN Lebanon and Israel signed an agreement on the border line, meaning the withdrawal was complete.
During the years after June 2000, Hezbollah repeatedly Attacked, kidnapped, infiltrated and launched rockets against Israel.

So who exactly are they defending ?
Ask any Lebanese Druze, Christians and other factions and they will tell you that Lebanon – once considered a jewel of the ME – was hijacked by Hezbollah = Iran.

And so we are clear on things, Hezbollah is not only a terrorist organization but also a major player in drug trafficking and money laundering.
Iran and their lapdog have only brought more misery to this already bitten country and to the region.

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 05:05 AM
link   

I am sure that they are sure that Israel will not start a war. such acts are for preventing Israel from another war not persuading it to start a war. such acts are based on this logic that Israel will not involve in an expensive war. they want to show it that it's magical dome and air defence systems can not keep Israel intact in a war. so if they have any wisdom, they should not start a war !
So you're saying the drone was SUPPOSED to intimidate Israel?Yes I'm sure their quaking in their boots over a toy airplane!

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 05:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by gravitational
reply to post by maes2

Seriously, What are you smoking ?
Israel left southern Lebanon in 2000.
In June 2000 theUN Lebanon and Israel signed an agreement on the border line, meaning the withdrawal was complete.
During the years after June 2000, Hezbollah repeatedly Attacked, kidnapped, infiltrated and launched rockets against Israel.

So who exactly are they defending ?
Ask any Lebanese Druze, Christians and other factions and they will tell you that Lebanon – once considered a jewel of the ME – was hijacked by Hezbollah = Iran.

And so we are clear on things, Hezbollah is not only a terrorist organization but also a major player in drug trafficking and money laundering.
Iran and their lapdog have only brought more misery to this already bitten country and to the region.

when did Israel obey the international laws and agreements? yes the situation can be solved according to international laws and peacefully but look at surrounding, who cares we just hear the horn of war. and most of them are because of colonialism and Israel !
Israel is still thirsty for spreading for the idea of greater Israel.

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 05:18 AM
link   

So you're saying the drone was SUPPOSED to intimidate Israel?Yes I'm sure their quaking in their boots over a toy airplane!

that toys are modern instruments of new wars ! atomic bombs have approximately no place in new wars ! you can ask it from USA army !

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 05:23 AM
link   
reply to post by maes2

That's a very strange way of spreading given the fact that Israel left Lebanon and the Gaza strip along with dozens of settlements Israel destroyed in the west bank.

But hey, If Words like International law – Israel – War – Zionism – colonialism – Spreading – Greater Israel, makes you feel good, than by all means feel free to fire away.
That's always a nice way to avoid dealing with real facts.

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 06:10 AM
link   
Israel really shouldn't get their panties in a twist over one little drone flight. After all, they routinely violate Lebanese airspace with fully armed combat aircraft, often going supersonic at low level over small villages just to scare the crap out of the locals in open provocation.
Yet, despite UN rulings against them, they continue to play their nasty little games and ignore the UN. Any other country ignoring such cease and desist notices, as well as violations of recognized international law would have found themselves under sanctions long ago!

So, Israel has no right to complain when it pales in insignificance to their own routine and documented actions against neighbours!

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join