It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Nears Fiscal Disaster: 'Washington Doing Nothing'

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 04:51 PM
link   
Here is an interesting quote from a CNBC article:
finance.yahoo.com...

"People are never going to understand how critical this particular time in history is," said Erskine Bowles, the North Carolina businessman and co-chairman of President Obama's National Commission on Fiscal Responsibility and Reform. "We have $7.7 trillion worth of economic events that are going to hit America in the gut in December, and in Washington they're doing nothing about it."

It says that we are going to get hit by economic events in December 2012. But that month, the Mayan calendar "ends," and as the "Mayan prophecy" goes, we are supposed to get hit by planet Nibiru, no? That's why the folks in Washington are doing nothing, because the "Nibiru economy" is beyond fixing. Just watch how it all goes down the pipes on that lovely Winter Solstice day of 2012.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 04:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by tremex
Here is an interesting quote from a CNBC article:
finance.yahoo.com...

"People are never going to understand how critical this particular time in history is," said Erskine Bowles, the North Carolina businessman and co-chairman of President Obama's National Commission on Fiscal Responsibility and Reform. "We have $7.7 trillion worth of economic events that are going to hit America in the gut in December, and in Washington they're doing nothing about it."

It says that we are going to get hit by economic events in December 2012. But that month, the Mayan calendar "ends," and as the "Mayan prophecy" goes, we are supposed to get hit by planet Nibiru, no? That's why the folks in Washington are doing nothing, because the "Nibiru economy" is beyond fixing. Just watch how it all goes down the pipes on that lovely Winter Solstice day of 2012.

I was with you until you said the "N" word Nibiru...

But seriously if it goes down the pipes and you believe this why does the US fiscal disaster even register on your fear meter?
edit on 11-10-2012 by abeverage because: (no reason given)

la2

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 04:56 PM
link   
reply to post by tremex

A financial crisis would represent an end to the life we know, and that could be what the mayans forecast, not the physical end of the world

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 04:58 PM
link   
I fear the entire Western World is facing financial disaster.

A New World Order is coming, but probably not what we expected. Anyone up for learning Mandarin?

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Mayan Prophecy says nothing about a fictitious planet called Nibiru hitting earth.
You have been ill-advised, misguided and could use a proper education.
Hope this was helpful.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 05:11 PM
link   
reply to post by tremex

All anyone has to do is watch what is happening in Greece and Spain! The FED is doing the exact same thing to us in the US and our wonderful government and MSM keep us focused on made up nonsense to keep us distracted!

It has nothing to do with Nibiru, it has EVERYTHING to do with the greedy elitests who are hungry to control the world!

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 05:41 PM
link   
reply to post by tremex

So your are saying a fiscal disaster is going to occur in December. Why do you automatically assume that it will occur on or around the 21st?

Also, I am amazed as to how you managed to fit Nibiru in there somewhere. If anything, this supposed economic collapse would be what the Mayans predicted. However, even with this as a possibility you still cry Niburu? Its a little weird.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 05:46 PM
link   
Huh?
the economy is fine,, Baaa baaaa
lots of people shopping everywhere

I keep hearing this bla bla about the economic crash for the US ,, but
Im not seeing it..

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 05:51 PM
link   
Don't you know Nibiru stands for Nothing In Bank Is Ruining Us

Wonder what else it could stand for ?

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 06:12 PM
link   
A financial diaster is not the end of the world!! Could be bad and lead to all sorts of problems.Just hope it does not lead to massive war and starvation.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 06:16 PM
link   
A true financial disaster will mean all those corrupt politicians and CEO's lose the wealth they have stolen.
For the most part, the lower and middle people will come out on top.

Do not be scared of an economic collapse, yes things will get hairy for a short term, but when the people realise they have the power to arrest those responsible, things will turn quickly for the good!

People need food, petrol, house repairs, gas, plumbing, mechanics... you know everything just doesnt stop, there is a default level of 'supply and demand' that is purely run by the lower/middle class.

edit on 11-10-2012 by Agit8dChop because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 06:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Cobaltic1978

China is more smoke and mirrors than a real player, if the world economies fold so will China. They already had very bad ears of famine in the past imagine what would happen if all the import/exports would end...

What nation can today claim to be self sufficient ? (Food/Energy)

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 07:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThisToiletEarth

Mayan Prophecy says nothing about a fictitious planet called Nibiru hitting earth.
Hope this was helpful.

I put the words "Mayan prophecy" into quotation marks. So why don't you hit some English grammar manual to learn the various use of the quotation marks, before you start raising your pseudo-educated finger. Btw, there is no Mayan prophecy - Mayans just held certain religious beliefs tied to their cyclical perception of time. The Mayan prophecy is the child of a bunch of thrill seekers who just wanted to cash in on their crap.
edit on 11-10-2012 by tremex because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 07:56 PM
link   

Hope this was helpful.

I put the words "Mayan prophecy" into quotation marks. So why don't you hit some English grammar manual to learn the various use of the quotation marks, before you start to raise your pseudo-educated finger. Btw, there is no Mayan prophecy - Mayans just held certain religious believes tied to their cyclical perception of time. The Mayan prophecy is the child of a bunch of thrill seekers who just wanted to cash in on their crap.

Your academic excellence as been noted and then negated simply for the use of the word Nibiru.
"Ba Ba Booey"

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 08:25 PM
link   
The so called fiscal cliff is a bunch of tax increases and government spending cuts. It does not mean the end of the world is approaching. It could mean a large economic downturn which would be bad because we need a growing economy. I believe the plan is hope for an election to decide whether the country wants a bunch of tax increases or would rather have government spending cuts. To some the fix appears hopeless with our current batch of politicians. I have hope the people will vote for government spending cuts rather than a lot of tax increases. Although right now I think the odds are 50/50 that many Americans are convinced tax increases will be good for our economy, as long as it doesn't apply to themselves. I'm expecting taxes or cost of living expenses to go up for everyone no matter who wins the election.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 08:30 PM
link   

Your academic excellence as been noted and then negated simply for the use of the word Nibiru.
"Ba Ba Booey"

Unlike in the case of your name "Ba Ba Booey," the top thinkers, including Obama's financial advisors, don't put the name Nibiru into the quotation marks. There seems to be a reason:
en.wikipedia.org...

edit on 11-10-2012 by tremex because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 08:54 PM
link   
Well, of course they are not. The other side of the same coin won't either if they win the election. It's said to be part of the bigger plan unfortunately, the farther we fall as a country the more cash they make.
Banker control:Follow the money.
Kick them out like Iceland did.

"Legalized Plunder of the American People"

edit on 11-10-2012 by dreamingawake because: vid

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 10:27 PM
link   
Perhaps we need to come to the grim conclusion that the experiment that was industrialism has failed.

Those who say an economic collapse helps the middle class and poor are sadly misinformed. This is a subject I do know a fair bit about. The short story is the wealthy take their money and expatriate themselves and their wealth to safer shores. That void of where those wealthy were are then filled in by a new class of wealthy. Doubt me? Find an immigrant from the former Soviet Union, one of its satellite states, or Argentina and buy them a cup of coffee. The story you will get is mostly that the more things change the more they stood the same.

Why? Because the underlying premise remains unchanged: industrialism is the triumph of man. By industrialism I simply mean a system that promotes excess production under the assumption that there will always be consumers for that excess production. For example a car factory must produce many cars (more than any of the workers or owners would have any use for) year after year for generations under the hopes that the market is never saturated (that is there are always more people who want to buy cars than there are cars). However, we see time and time again this model does not hold as one market sector becomes saturated, sales stall and production falls, causing a failure which then cascades throughout.

I am not a believer in planned economies or an advocate for a return to primitivism. What I advocate as a replacement would take too long to write and read as I imagine I have used too many words thus far.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 10:36 PM
link   
Of course Washington's not doing anything about it. There's an election on, and they're all too busy trying to save their own hides than actually doing the business of running America.

A great argument for a two term limit.

There should also be a rule that if a congressperson is off campaigning, then a deputy stands in and the business of running the country carries on.

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 02:04 PM
link   
You know what's really scary? The average person doesn't even know anything is wrong. Just yesterday I was sitting around talking to a few of my classmates about the troubles in Spain and Greece and I went on to say that if we aren't careful we can end up the same way. Then I mentioned qe3 and they looked at me like I had three heads. People are too complacent and when the shtf they will be hurting the most.

<<   2 >>

join