It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lets fix the World, Lets create a Golden Age.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 09:59 PM
link   
reply to post by sidLives

It’s not an issue. And in the same light, I hope neither is a critical analysis, regardless of how it’s construed.

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 10:48 PM
link   
There is no solution under the current paradigm. We need new thinking and new visions. We need to work together to make everyone;'s lives better. We need to find a role for everyone to participate in it. We need to stop fighting over resources and money because there is no net winner when someone wins and someone loses, only imbalance which threatens the creation of any ideal system. Any change based on current ideals is doomed to eventually fail. We can't let greed control progress. We need progress to control us in a sense.

I see a united technologically advanced world where everyone gets all they need and most of what they want. When basic and most selfish needs are fulfilled, then the greed that destroys and separates us will no longer be a driving force. For those who continue on it's insistance, it would likely be a very difficult transition, but we simply can't let those with the worst human characteristics have any say to what happens with the majority of us.

Earning money will no longer be part of the equation. Earning respect from the rest of society will be the driving force and what will spur this golden age. Jamie Dimon would probably be great in deciding how to best allocate our various resources for maximum benefit rather than maximum profit. However, even if so, his compensation would be in the same range as a janitor who does top notch work, or a top doctor, or a top factory assembler. For the most part, people could just keep doing the work they are doing. All work however would have the goal of best possible execution rather than the goal of maximum profit. We could have people able to dedicate themselves to the arts, the sciences, etc. Without profit as the driving force advancement would occur so much faster.

The golden age is possible. Eliminating the need for greed is the first step.

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 02:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Banananananana

It’s not an issue. And in the same light, I hope neither is a critical analysis, regardless of how it’s construed.

Not at all, Thanks! Critical Analysis are precious! I just would ask you to do in a constructive manner if you could.

We are here to learn from you too!
Big star for you brother!

+Peace and a Spark

edit on 17-10-2012 by sidLives because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 04:22 PM
link   
I ran into a snag, it seems that since i got flaged i cannot edit my thread to update the original List. I will look for another way.

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 09:24 AM
link   
Look at you people. You still don't get it. You want to create a utopia. Haven't you learned something from history?

A utopia means CONTROL, MANIPULATION, DESTRUCTION OF OPPOSING IDEOLOGIES.

A utopia means enslavement. Because if you don't enslave your people to your utopia they naturally will create their own utopias and will fight for it and here would come the same problems that we wanted to solve to begin with.

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 10:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Jepic

No really... We are just doing some thinking exercises.
We are exercising tolerance, group thinking and exchange of ideas in a positive matter.
No big deal bro!

peace & respect
+ a Star for you

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 10:38 AM
link   
It can't be changed until all the crap floating at the top of the toilet bowl gets flushed out of existance...once that happens we can build a better society.

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 10:44 AM
link   
Check out Benjamin Franklin's attempt at self perfection and you will get an idea of what your up against. The human species is imperfect and always will be. There is however a perfect society. Ants.

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 12:42 PM
link   
It is a big job that will take generations to accomplish, in fact I doubt I will see any change on a large scale in my lifetime but I've seen some seeds planted and what I see is good. So here are some of my ideas.

We those of us living now need to stop for few moments in our busy days, close our eyes and take a couple of calming mind clearing deep breaths then open our eyes and instead of going back focusing on our little piece of the world look farther, notice those around you, smile and say hi and maybe look a bit farther imagine yourself in their place. The fact is when stripped down to the bare essentials, the absolute least that we feel are the absolute most important things we would need to not just survive but to actually live. we really aren't much different from each other, so a good place to start is so beautifully worded in the golden rule, do unto others as you would have them do unto you. We isolate ourselves and others by focusing on our differences that become ingrained biases that we not only accept, but embrace and pass on to the future and so long as we continue to do this our children and our children's children will be left with the spoils we leave in our wake.

The concept is simple on the surface, but to put it in action will take a very dedicated effort because these behaviors have been engrained in us for generations, but will be easier for newer generations to grasp.

Teach them to think for themselves and respond to others based on their own individual interactions with them not by listening to rumor's or groups that depend on a hive mind unsure of their own opinions needing group approval, because...they might be wrong. Teach them to put themselves in the other;s shoes and consider how they would feel on the receiving end of something hurtful
edit on 10/18/12 by Pixiefyre because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 02:04 PM
link   
Teach them to respect that no two people (except maybe twins) are the same, each person is unique with their own physical aspects and their own strengths and weaknesses and that is absolutely wonderful because the scientist might not be able to carry a tune, but his strengths are valuable as are the artists, singers, construction workers and so on, different in no way equates to less valuable.

This next thing will be difficult because it involves doing exactly the opposite of what most parents teach their children, and it requires the parent to carefully cultivate and encourage their children to feel comfortable talking to you their parents and have a strong sense of self and self worth that will give them strength in overcoming peer pressure that is negative. Armored up as best as they can be.....here it comes...you might want to sit down for this

You know those kids that most parents see as trouble and warn their kids away from....don't.....instead talk to your child in detail about the issues the "trouble" child might be struggling with, remind them of how proud you are of their confidence in themselves and that you trust them, and then if you child wants to reach out to them (seeing them alone and rejected all the time) encourage it....of course keep the lines of communication open with your child.

Why? you might ask?? Think about the bigger picture and the world your child will live in, that kid wasn't born to be "trouble" something went wrong somewhere, and it's possible that simply knowing that someone valued him enough to reach out to him could have a profound positive effect on his life and future. But if everyone turns their backs on him avoiding him because he's different....troubled...alone....with no one to turn to with out hope for a better future what hope is there for him. I don;t believe in throwaway kids, I've had enough come back to me as adults wanting to thank me for being there by showing me how their lives were changed

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 05:20 PM
link   
reply to post by ldyserenity

Thanks

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 05:33 PM
link   
Create a Golden Age? Easy. All you have to do is create a supervirus that will successfully sterilize everybody on the planet for 30 years. You would be surprised how many problems that would solve.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join