It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

solar flares coming our way?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 04:30 PM
link   
www.nasa.gov...

so we hear the warnings all the time and nothing,is this going to be any different?........ i doubt it but thot i would give a heads up.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 04:46 PM
link   
reply to post by sparky31

I live in the lower part of Northwest amazingly saw the Aurora during the last peak which was rare. Be cool to see it again!
edit on 11-10-2012 by abeverage because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 04:47 PM
link   

What I found interesting, was this from your link...

Very Active Region Coming Our Way

A new, very active region is approaching over the left side of the sun. It has already popped off 12 flares (C and M class) in 2 days (Oct. 8-10). The region may be a harbinger of geo-effective activity to come. Credit: NASA/SDO

Thanks for posting...

Des

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 04:51 PM
link   
reply to post by abeverage

yeah saw in paper other day pics of the lights above glasgow.......i,m about 30 miles from there and didn,t see them myself but i live in hope.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Well I'll say strap in and enjoy the show its gonna be a bumpy ride. I have been watching the earthquakes increase over the last 2 months dramatically. It would seem that if the translations are correct that the ancient civs just might have know something after all. People have debated it for years and I'm still up and down about it. Some times I wonder if I am even sane myself. But evidence and data say it all and things have been ramping up, and I have been told by a FEMA worker that they are preparing for mother nature to pitch a fit, and reports are that they are preparing for mass casualties. I don't know what to believe anymore to be honest but I do know that evidence is mounting that we are about to have a major event that may affect the entire world. I am hoping for the best and trying to prepare for the worst.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 05:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Destinyone

yeah i,m not up to speed in what it all means but thot some of u would find it intresting so your welcome des.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Yes and we can always hope they don't get too bad! Although who knows maybe we need a reboot lol

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by sparky31
reply to post by Destinyone

yeah i,m not up to speed in what it all means but thot some of u would find it intresting so your welcome des.

maybe should have said i meant about c and m class.....just know some aint good

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 03:13 PM
link   
Get ready for an Aurora.
Well on some recent videos on youtube you see a green glowing layer 24/7 so
the influx of particles from the sun is constant.
What I can't figure out is what gas is so prevalent to make a green glow.
I had an atmospheric listing that includes all the inert gasses.
Inert gasses can glow and Krypton glows green.
The process is definitely a varying static potential physically shaking the atoms.

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 03:30 PM
link   
I live in northwest Ohio way out in the country and I saw the aurora on Monday night. I have been keeping an eye on the sky when it's clear hoping to see it again.

The last time I saw it was back in 2000 or 2001 when there was a sizable storm. If I remember right it was visible as far south as Dayton Ohio that time. It was so intense that night that it was visible throughout the whole sky in the country. I had no idea what I was seeing at the time because it was all over, not just the north.

I would love to see another show like the first (:

new topics

top topics

join