It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Paul Ryan's "silly" workout photo's.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Hard to believe that only 10 months ago, Paul Ryan was just a famous-for-Washington congressman who, while under consideration for Time’s 2011 “Person of the Year,” posed with flexed biceps and backwards ballcap — photos Time didn’t use then but unleashed onto the world Thursday morning alongside a new Ryan profile, hours before his debate with Joe Biden, promptly blowing up the Internet.
link

These pictures are hilarious.

It's pathetic that some may lose respect for Ryan because of them. It frustrates me how superficial politics often becomes, with body language meaning more than substance in debates, and many voting for the one who comes off as friendly instead of the one with the best ideas.

In response to the photos, Ryan spokesman Michael Steel said, "Paul Ryan takes his health seriously. Clearly - judging by these silly pictures - he doesn't take himself too seriously."
from CNN

And, being a conspiracy site, liberal Time obviously released them on the day of the debate to hurt Ryan's image, right?

More pics
edit on 10/11/2012 by PatrickGarrow17 because: added link and pic

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 02:16 PM
link   
LOL omg what a picture
(he is 15 of what)
that is one hell of a silly picture

first picture is really "gold" (hope Biden will use that picture tonight)

he probably do the same pose in front of a mirror and stay there for hours
while his wife call him for dinner downstairs

Joe Biden is going to eat him alive in a mather of seconds tonight .. cant wait

edit on 10/11/2012 by Ben81 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 02:19 PM
link   
I honestly can not wait for these two buffoons to display their buffoonery to the great buffoon masses of buffoon land.

Buffoon

Buffoon.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 02:19 PM
link   
Strangely enough, if you imagine the line "Got milk?" printed underneath, it does not look out of place.

la2

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 02:21 PM
link   
i think we are in for television gold, i hope Biden says something stupid lol

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 02:23 PM
link   
In 2008, the Republican party tried to run with Barbie (Sarah Palin), that failed, so in 2012 they might as well try Ken.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 02:23 PM
link   
Dear lord, now I know why Arnold Schwarzenegger and Jesse Ventura became governor, we choose our political candidates based on workout prowess!

This explains everything...

People are extremely dumb.
edit on 11-10-2012 by boncho because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 02:24 PM
link   
Any thoughts on Time choosing to release them right before Ryan's debate?

It really is a backhanded move.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by la2
i think we are in for television gold, i hope Biden says something stupid lol

You don't have to hope.

He will be talking tonight.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 02:49 PM
link   
I guess I'm slow today... I'm entirely missing why or how these are good/bad or indifferent to the race at hand?

If anything, it shows at least SOME politicians are capable of lifting more than a phone receiver to a campaign donor and can pull more than the wool over our eyes yet again.

So, he ha a body he appears proud of and happy to photograph without a full proper suit and tie to cover what MOST politicians surely have very good reasons to cover and hide.

Now tell me he isn't a smoker like our current President with his 'sneak-a-smoke' garbage for years now and I'll feel good about voting his partner's ticket.

Why being physically fit and NOT being ashamed of that fact is now fodder to attack the man with is just so far beyond my understanding, I'm literally flummoxed! That takes some real effort these days.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 02:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

They are goofy, and many in America are image obsessed. Some people will lose a little respect for Ryan.

I agree that fitness is a positive for a candidate.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Look at him with his hat all backwards...he's so hood!

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 02:55 PM
link   
what a homo. nobody is gonna like you more for those pics

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 02:56 PM
link   
It is funny that the gym environment is just a fake studio one. Not even taken at a real gym as if they were following him in his normal daily routines.
That would seem allot more relaxed.
Epic pictures anyway

But perhaps the intent of the pictures was to show a bit of self irony, in that case, doing cliché pictures like this is to really let ones hair down. Respect for that

edit on 11-10-2012 by LiberalSceptic because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by PatrickGarrow17
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

They are goofy, and many in America are image obsessed. Some people will lose a little respect for Ryan.

I agree that fitness is a positive for a candidate.

Okay, I can't argue he hammed it up for the cameras and got a little goofy by what sure looks like some effort on his part. I suppose no one ever got a little silly on a photo shoot or family picture time?

I appreciate your bringing the story up here. Personally, I'd have assumed he was an out of shape pol like the rest..not that it really does change much. No one is electing any of these guys for their ability to run the mile or chase down a dictator personally! ...although it's nice to know Ryan could physically THROW someone out of his office if pushed too hard. lol..

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by theconspirator
what a homo. nobody is gonna like you more for those pics

I'll probably have to wait years for someone to call you a homophobe on this thread.
2nd

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 03:02 PM
link   
The guy is in GREAT shape. The pictures are goofy. But I can dig up plenty of goofy pictures on all the 'biggies' ... Obama, Biden, Hillary, Romney, Ryan, Christie .... everyone takes a goofy picture now and then. Anyways .. the guy is in fantastic shape.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 03:03 PM
link   
reply to post by butcherguy

i dont mean homo like a gay person. i mean homo like a fag

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by theconspirator

i dont mean homo like a gay person. i mean homo like a fag

I hope you don't think that you cleared up any confusion that I may have had.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 03:07 PM
link   

watch south park

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join