It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Maine drivers warned of zombie danger

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 02:02 PM
link   

www.wishtv.com...

PORTLAND, Maine (AP) — Drivers may have gotten a chuckle out of an electronic message board in Maine warning of zombies, but city officials were not amused.

The sign at a Portland road construction site was changed by a hacker to read "Warning Zombies Ahead!" on Wednesday morning. It originally read "Night work 8 pm-6 am. Expect delays."

Ok...So there wasn't any real zombies, but this is just plain funny. I would have loved to see the faces of the drivers as they passed the sign, and hear their conversations.

City spokeswoman Nicole Clegg says the signs are a safety precaution and changing it could have led to driver distraction.

.....so, don't try this at home kids.....

She tells The Portland Press Herald tampering with a safety device is a misdemeanor punishable by up to a year in jail and a $1,000 fine.

She says it's not clear who changed the sign, but it's not the first time it has happened.

I'm not condoning any criminal activity, but I can't help but laugh at this story. Anything having to do with zombies is funny...you just can't help it.

edit on 11-10-2012 by isyeye because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 02:20 PM
link   
I have seen this same pic for years now.
www.abovetopsecret.com...
xo.typepad.com...
people do this all the time
edit on 11-10-2012 by Dnepropetrovsk because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 02:34 PM
link   
ha ha
busted

new topics

join