It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are the feds tracking me? hmmmm

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by mysterioustranger
As for a type of "backdoor"? I dont want to divuldge to much here...but a single patch cord or cords can be purchased that allows one to see everything in your hard drive. Any hard drive, any OS, or make.

Yup, im going to go ahead and call BS and say that you probably took computer science three with mike sandy

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dnepropetrovsk

As for a type of "backdoor"? I dont want to divuldge to much here...but a single patch cord or cords can be purchased that allows one to see everything in your hard drive. Any hard drive, any OS, or make.

Yup, im going to go ahead and call BS and say that you probably took computer science three with mike sandy

Mmmm sure about that "microsoft employee".

aishamusic.blogspot.com...
www.computerworld.com...

How do you know they didn't put one in and not tell you?
edit on 12-10-2012 by John_Rodger_Cornman because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 01:18 PM
link   
Its possible to install a bios virus thats undetectable and wont be deleted by wiping the hard drive. Not much space there though..... Back in the 80s computers had protection against it but not now

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by John_Rodger_Cornman

Originally posted by Dnepropetrovsk

Mmmm sure about that "microsoft employee".

aishamusic.blogspot.com...
www.computerworld.com...

How do you know they didn't put one in and not tell you?

One is a blog
The other offers no proof that any type of backdoor was put in windows seven.

Microsoft did not instal a backdoor that allows someone with "a single patch cord or cords" to have full access to your computer. Plus chances are if they are there with "a single patch cord or cords" they could just take your entire computer.

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 01:31 PM
link   
www.techarp.com...

Oh look. NSA spyware embedded in the OS.

But yeah remember Sony and its rootkits? Like the poster above me said they can embed a spyware snipet on the BIOS or other firmware(phones,settop boxes). Maybe some ring 0 level spyware embedded in drivers and system files. Maybe on network servers that re-downloads the trojan malware/spyware when you connect to the internet through an isp or other internet access point.

If a hacker wanted to get in your machine they could. Unless you want to spend ALOT of money re-evaluating your security schemes all the time. Even then people will try to crack it just for s---s and giggles.

These dangerous clowns can destroy or cripple machines or steal valuable information(intellectual IP,trade secrets,etc). What if your business rival wanted to sabotage your business using hired hackers?
Your helpless pretty much.

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 01:31 PM
link   
reply to post by John_Rodger_Cornman

I was referring to the ability RIGHT NOW to open your computer and see everything you have...without passwords, hidden and or deleted...with a single patch under $20.

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 01:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Dnepropetrovsk

Wrong. Im over 50, working for a Multi-Million dollar American company and my IT department has taken computers from myself and others, gone inside and we've looked at everything in there.

So, you were and are absolutely wrong. A trip to RADIO SHACK...and youve got capability.

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 01:38 PM
link   

www.techarp.com...

Oh look. NSA spyware embedded in the OS.

Oh look an unnamed mystery document was the source. They went full conspiratard.

If a hacker wanted to get in your machine they could.

No they couldn't.

These dangerous clowns can destroy or cripple machines or steal valuable information(intellectual IP,trade secrets,etc). What if your business rival wanted to sabotage your business using hired hackers?
Your helpless pretty much.

You watch too many movies

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 01:39 PM
link   

www.youtube.com...
www.bgr.com...
arstechnica.com...
www.cvedetails.com...
news.cnet.com...

Want to talk about all the security vulnerabilities in Win7 and IE?

Hey even an idiot like me can use the logon exploit. Agree microsoft/university employee?

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Wrong. Im over 50, working for a Multi-Million dollar American company and my IT department has taken computers from myself and others, gone inside and we've looked at everything in there.

So, you were and are absolutely wrong. A trip to RADIO SHACK...and youve got capability.

OH MY GOD! Are you telling me that the IT department of the company you work for can get full access to the very computers they are hired to fix? Truly amazing!

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 01:42 PM
link   

www.youtube.com...
www.bgr.com...
arstechnica.com...
www.cvedetails.com...
news.cnet.com...

Want to talk about all the security vulnerabilities in Win7 and IE?

Hey even an idiot like me can use the logon exploit. Agree microsoft/university employee?

Okay genius, there is a HUGE difference in Microsoft installing "backdoors" and there being security exploits in the software. Please take the time and learn about these things. There are backdoors and security exploits in linux, that does not mean that the open source communities intentionally install them in there.

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 02:15 PM
link   
Not trying to be argumentative. I just want you to admit that nsa has exploits in Win7 that helps them track you.
He said RadioShack. Not a contracted IT Dept for a business.
Are there exploits in microsoft software that let NSA remotely track you? True or False?

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Not trying to be argumentative. I just want you to admit that nsa has exploits in Win7 that helps them track you.

I want you to prove it, you will have to do better than a blog and an article about an undisclosed mystery document. Admit that you live in la la land.

He said RadioShack. Not a contracted IT Dept for a business.

Learn how to read

Are there exploits in microsoft software that let NSA remotely track you? True or False?

That is not really a true/false question, that would be "there are exploits in..." but anyways no, the NSA is not tracking you through exploits in windows. Show me actual evidence that shows me otherwise.

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 06:51 AM
link   

This was not a company computer (werent you paying attention?) No...to all 3 of mine..and my wifes ...at home.

This may be hard I see for you but...open the unit...unplug the long pin jack...go to Radio Shack (I did)...plug in the patch to your removed hard drive...and the other end is a usb.

Go to COMPUTER on the one...open the extra drive you just plugged into it...and look around. Done.

Whats so hard for you to understand?

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 07:38 AM
link   
wipe it, then change hard drives, then re-install bios....

Though, I would not even touch the thing. I would be freaked out enough to never use it again.

I wouldn't even copy files from it and would not connect it to my network.
edit on 13-10-2012 by BIHOTZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 08:29 AM
link   
reply to post by phroziac

i hear ya... the authorities would catch an eyefull going through my PCs memory

but i don't think they even need to actively track a person...
all the info transmitted every day is stored so that IF an investigation warrents it (or if it's just a whim of your enemy) the intel agencies can develop a cyber roadmap of your laptop activity for as much as year old trails right now...minimum..

but with the FB data now available they can even create a personal character profile of you, what your planning silently, etc.

happy thoughts everyone...BB is watching

top topics

<< 1   >>

join